SAU Community

R34 Gtt Front Lip - Options?

RR34GTT

Need your opinions guys!

Have researched this topics and this is what has led me to this.

Am looking for a front lip for my R34 GTT Skyline with the stock bar.

I believe you can get the V Spec style lip for GTT's from East Bear? However it's discontinued on Nengun. Is there anywhere else I can get this?

Other options are below as follow:

Will the front lip from the Nismo bar (from vivagarage) fit the stock bar? Even with some modifying, or are the bars to fit onto simply to different?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Skyline-R34-Spec-E-Fiberglass-Front-lip-for-Factory-Aero-Bar-ONLY-/281853902166?hash=item419fcd3d56:g:dEoAAOSwhcJWQs7F

Other option is the Uras/D1 style front lip, also from vivagarage:

https://www.vivagarage.com.au/vivastore/index.php/bodystyling/nissan-1/skyline-r34-gt-gtt/front-lip/nissan-skyline-r34-gt-gtt-type-d1-front-lip.html

Anybody have any issues/opinions on the above lip, specifically regarding fitment/install? I believe several forum members have fitted these style lips, however all the threads I spotted them in were several years old and I didn't want to go thread reviving.

Would obviously prefer something more like the V Spec lip, however am welcome to any advice!

Thanks.

post-141397-0-14997700-1456442226_thumb.jpg

post-141397-0-06239700-1456442227_thumb.jpg

Rhino Lip is the cheapest option and survives the curb rash: http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/367338-diy-universal-lip/?p=7167621

Mine is starting to get a little ragged now after two years but will last another year at least. Hard lip would have been long gone by now with them bloody speed bumps.

Obviously it does little for actual aero but I'm not sure a hard lip does that much either...

Edit: Photos from 2014:

11905068066_c6f0822022_z.jpg

11904627034_2f102336d2_z.jpg

• Like 1

The series 1 bumper with the silver lip looks great! Not keen on the black part underneath though

Just a matter of finding one now! So difficult to find. Was hoping i'd be able to modify an OEM GTR one or the Viva Garage lip that fits the Nismo bar. So far, unsure!

• 4 weeks later...

Just installed a viva garage D1 / uras copy lip this weekend on my 34, fit perfectly, was pleasantly surprised actually, was expecting the worst but turned out nice!

Glad you let me know as I'm about to buy one in the next week or so! Did you paint it? If so, how did you do it & what colour? Any photos? Pleased it fit properly, was worried about potential fitment!

Edited by RR34GTT
  • Like 1