SAU Community

T-revz In Tokyo.... And Lots Of Other Places

t_revz

Forgotten what part of Kumamoto this was. was a small market nearby with lots of cool nic-nacs

RIMG0894_zpsizksw5qa.jpg

RIMG0879_zpsxlnnkojc.jpg

RIMG0878_zpsngnezmf6.jpg

I think that 1st pic is where that golden temple is in the middle? Was there for a month in 2012 amazing place

Yeah, roads are pretty safe and predictable to drive on, although the elevated freeways are a confusing mess unless you know where you are going. Even with a navigation unit on the bike it would be pretty hairy; kinda like a fast moving video game. I would usually write down the various exits/turns clearly on paper and have it stuck to my tank bag. Usually I would get where I wanted to.

Overall Japan has fantastic mountain roads for riding, so I like to rent a bike and head out for a couple of days when I travel back there and have the chance. Great fun.

When I drove past that amusement park I was off to an AE86 event at Okayama, covering it for Fast Fours magazine. It was good as without that excuse I probably wouldn't have bothered as it was a long (1450kms round trip, with the return trip being 8 hours of constant rain) ride and I was gone for 3 days. Swung by and checked out Suzuka Circuit while I was out there.

Back on your pics, I remember that Nagoya train station/bus station (cant remember) from the tower view shot. Its that weird circle built into the ground. Looks far more exciting from outside than in, but another weird and wonderful Japan moment.

• Like 1

A month in 1996 as an exchange student.

4 weeks 6/06, all jan/mar 07. Moved over 04/07, came back end of the year due to not securing a work visa, about 2 months across 3 trips in 08. Had a 4 week trip 2010,11,12,13,14. Might go later in the year or next year, also going to 2020 Olympics :)

Tl;dr

Not long enough

Edited by t_revz
  • Like 3