SAU Community

2016 Round 3 - Monday 14th March (labour Day) Hosted By Tampered Motorsport

acsplit

12718248_1283584545001252_90932387159363

Photo credit: speedcafe

This round we will be attending the day run by Tampered Motorsport on the recently resurfaced Winton Motor Raceway

Monday 14th of March (Labour day weekend)

- For anyone interested in attending their first track day here all you need to know : http://www.sau.com.a...y-requirements/

Licence:

You will need a CAMS or AASA licence to compete on the day.

L2S can be obtained via https://www.cams.com.au/ You can purchase a day licence at the track for $20.00 (good idea if this is the only track day you are doing this year)

Other requirements : http://www.sau.com.a...y-requirements/

Winton Motor Raceway

Fox Street, Winton

https://goo.gl/maps/wWhJVKs4aJv

Pricing:

Entrants: $180.00

Spectators: Free

These days can be a sellout so get your entry in quick.

Entry/Registration

Tampered Motorsport Website.

Please put SAU-VIC in the "sponsor field" so we can identify you on Natsoft.

https://www.smartwaiver.com/w/56a9acce1ab00/web/

Squires Loft Nunawading will be putting on lunch for all SAU VIC members (Comment in this thread if you are attending so we can cater accordingly).

12804658_1283576145002092_14459527015305

12814196_1283609094998797_25854580291215

• Like 1

During entry it'll ask you if you're a Beginner, Intermediate or Racer, and ask you for your PB time at Winton or Sandown so they have an indication of how fast you are.

They'll use this information to group together based on times (I hope) and not just throw all of us SAU people into one group where nobody will be able to get a clean lap because of varying pace.

AC, can you confirm?

During entry it'll ask you if you're a Beginner, Intermediate or Racer, and ask you for your PB time at Winton or Sandown so they have an indication of how fast you are.

They'll use this information to group together based on times (I hope) and not just throw all of us SAU people into one group where nobody will be able to get a clean lap because of varying pace.

AC, can you confirm?

I know that's how it usually works, but I've had issues with traffic at previous busy tampered events which is really frustrating and dangerous.

Previously they've allowed groups to go in together and the driving/traffic has always been better with a group who has great track etiquette, even with speed differences

I can ask the question, this is our first day with Tampered in a long time so let's see how it goes.

Also Justin does your BMW have an engine swap, stripped out interior or the addition of a turbo or supercharger? (just for the championship groupings)

I can ask the question, this is our first day with Tampered in a long time so let's see how it goes.

Also Justin does your BMW have an engine swap, stripped out interior or the addition of a turbo or supercharger? (just for the championship groupings)

No worries, I'll have a think about it and let you know of I enter :)

It's a stock n/a 2.5 and I run with full interior for our events, on Hankook RS3s :)

Does tagging Racer=being put in a group with idiots who think it's door to door racing, hold you up or dive down the inside using my wing as a corning assistant?

Kind of concur with being in an SAU group, even if there is a speed difference(to a point), we know about it, faster ones out first, slower at back and we know who is experienced and likely to be looking etc.

BTW, where are we marking SAUVic, not asked me for a Club yet, just sponsorship.

• Like 1

Andrew and I mentioned putting "SAUVIC" in the sponsor field, so hopefully it'll tag us as such on the day and on Natsoft Timing.

Discussions going on in the background about an SAUVIC group. There negatives to this of course, with vast lap time difference. However most of us know what times we do, so as long as we exit the pit in that order there shouldnt be any issues.

Plus its not all about times, it's fun battle on track as well.

• Like 2

Let's see if the track is quicker!

From chatting to friends that have already raced there they said the racing line is nice and grippy so you are quicker but get off that line and it will spit you off the track very easily..

Sounds like you will all have an interesting day... :)

From chatting to friends that have already raced there they said the racing line is nice and grippy so you are quicker but get off that line and it will spit you off the track very easily..

Sounds like you will all have an interesting day... :)

As someone who has never done Winton before (or only done a track day in a completely different car in completely different track and different country) this is a worry lol.

Are Tampered days really that bad? Have heard nothing but "lol, I don't go to tampered days" from literally 100% of people that it's come up with in conversation.

Don't worry probably more like 50 shades of grip also if you've not been to many you'll be unlikely to be using 100% of your mechanical grip anyhow.

BTW are you in driver training?

As for Tampered days, they seem to be getting more slick as for other competitors, they tend to be paying their own repair bills which always helps concentration.

• Latest Posts

• Thank you for the manuals. I actually need the full wiring diagrams since I want to build a full harness for my new setup with the Haltech Elite 2500. Any chance someone knows where I can get it ?
    • Oem std front sway and new oem end links mate   Rear recently moved to 24mm whiteline sway using the links that came with that
    • Hey mate just out of curiosity what front swaybar do you run and do still use the factory end links if you don't mind sharing that info.
    • They will be (within normal range) and they won't be causing the misfiring.
    • Chinese parts can be good, it's all in the quality assurance, and materials, but, that costs more, but, typically not alot more, it is up to the customer who is getting the parts made, some are happy to pay more for quality good QA and materials because the savings are in the cheap labour costs, so they can sell a quality product at a lower price point, other customers who are getting parts made give no farks and want their products to be as cheap as possible for maximum profit, so minimal QA and average materials  Hence why some Chinese parts are crap, whilst other are good Much like parts and other stuff made in different countries around the world, including "made in Australia", "made in Japan", "made in 'Merica" branded gear