SAU Community

Medical Cannabis

MrStabby

Can I please get a link to any of those 'weed overdose deaths'?

I know we're on the same side of the fence lol, but I'm fairly sure that's still something that hasn't ever happened, officially. As in a acute overdose on THC/CBD; not health complications exacerbated by THC/CBD, some kind of interaction with another drug, or the '1 in a million' reaction someone may have like allergy.

It was more of a related death from memory. Im at work and on my phone so cant really link atm.

I did a quick google of related deaths and everything i read was kinda weak.

haha yeah, depending on who's presenting the statistics and why, "related deaths" can include some poor f**ker blazed beyond belief falling down his stairs and breaking his neck. At the least, it can include medical conditions that arose or were exacerbated from the cannabinoids, resulting in death.

There are definitely "deaths from marijuana", though I suspect the kind of overdose death we usually discuss has either not yet occurred, or was in a very unique situation.

Similarly, without going off topic too much, the death of a party goer whilst in police custody was ruled by the coroner as "LSD toxicity", making it for the purpose of the discussion the first official LSD overdose.

Hasn't taken too long for the courts to call absolute bullshit on that one haha. Again, for the purpose of this discussion, LSD overdose isn't possible.

My point being - just because it was claimed as an overdose, don't be surprised to find out it's complete fabricated bullshit supporting someone's agenda. It happens, as proven by the LSD case.

Tada!

44 Medical Studies that Demonstrate Cannabis Can Treat Cancer
Brain Cancer
Mouth and Throat Cancer
Breast Cancer
Lung Cancer
Uterine, Testicular, and Pancreatic Cancers
Prostate Cancer
Colorectal Cancer
Ovarian Cancer
Blood Cancer
Skin Cancer
Liver Cancer
Biliary Tract Cancer
Bladder Cancer
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/803983 (Sign-up required to view)
Other Cancers
Edited by Trozzle
  • Like 2

I'll take full credit for that one Anthony. We all know the power to turn these threads into a degraded shit-slinging contest is usually something I unintentionally exercise.

• Like 2

Amsterdam isn't a country. And yes, almost all ride bicycles. They are quite fit and healthy (junk food is surprising hard to come by there).

But, remember they are also more respectable/responsible (per 1,000 compared to say Sydney).

Still baffles me that cannabis is illegal but you can legally brew alcohol in your backyard/garage.

Colorado is a positive example (apparently drug cartels are losing profits).

• Like 3

Marijuana legalisation hurting cartel profits- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2zTgCVYsDo

Came across this in my youtube travels :) i was not aware that 18 states had legalised for medicinal use.

Along with this article - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/marijuana-legalisation-in-us-dents-drug-cartel-profits-a6920176.html

• Like 1

I don't buy the cartel argument...if they're not making weed, they'll make another drug, probably more harmful, or engage in some other racketeering. They're not gonna say "well guys, we had a good run, it's time to get honest jobs now."

• Like 2

I don't buy the cartel argument...if they're not making weed, they'll make another drug, probably more harmful, or engage in some other racketeering. They're not gonna say "well guys, we had a good run, it's time to get honest jobs now."

drug cartel's already sell most other drugs, but taking one product off the market for them will hurt profits.

not like their pot head customers who can no longer buy from them are going to go "oh well, no weed bro? give me some crack"

Also in Colorado you can get different strands of weed that give slightly different highs and taste different.

http://www.thecannabist.co/2014/05/27/25-top-marijuana-favorite-strains/12408/

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just think of it this way, if nature didn't want as to use it in it's original form, then it wouldn't make it at first. It's not like the humans invented it, like other drugs. I think legalization is a smart thing to do.

Actually I kind of agree with vanamond, but I'll add this... nature didn't grow it as smokeable bud , nor did nature provide such apparatus as a bong and lighter, so that leaves you with just eating the leaves raw which actually seems to have excellent nutrients, however provides no high... 

Regardless, horribly flawed logic on his part, for justification of legalisation. We all need water to live but misuse it and it can kill you.

• 3 months later...

EDIT: Doh - wrong thread.

"the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Breakthrough Therapy Designation to MDMA for the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)."

http://www.maps.org/news/media/6786-press-release-fda-grants-breakthrough-therapy-designation-for-mdma-assisted-psychotherapy-for-ptsd,-agrees-on-special-protocol-assessment-for-phase-3-trials