SAU Community

High Boost Mode Mod Question

IBoughtANissan

Regarding the mod here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/42895-howto-rb25det-high-boost-mode-with-standard-solenoid/

Before doing the mod I took my car for a drive to get a baseline on where the guage reads. I found that even at low rpm (=>2500) it's already boosting to the first mark on the boost gauge (which im assuming is 350mmhg or 7psi?) And after 4500rpm it doesn't get any higher.

Do some stage as not have the dual boost solenoid mode from factory? I've got a s2 c34 rs4

Have you had a look to see if someone has already grounded the solenoid or otherwise disabled it? If it has a solenoid it has to have two boost levels otherwise its pointless.

Next ground it anyway and see if it makes a difference.

Yeah I had a look and there's no visible signs of it being done already unless they did it somewhere hidden or from the ecu end of the wire.

If it's running Hugh boost already constantly I might just leave it. it'll save me the hassle of cutting/grounding it.

• 3 years later...
On 3/7/2016 at 2:24 AM, IBoughtANissan said:

Yeah I had a look and there's no visible signs of it being done already unless they did it somewhere hidden or from the ecu end of the wire.

If it's running Hugh boost already constantly I might just leave it. it'll save me the hassle of cutting/grounding it.

I have the same issue, I did the mod and didn't feel a difference, finally hooked up a boost gauge and tried it with the solenoid hooked back up to factory and in getting full boost all the time.  Is there another way someone could have grounded it back when it was in Japan, or possibly inside the ECU done something?