SAU Community

Where To Tune My Gtr In Tokyo?

Hey guys

I'm just about to put some new turbos on the gtr and I'm deciding which tuning shop near Tokyo to get my tune done at? I'll have all the mods done already and I've got a power FC in it so it would be tune only.

So far at the top of my list is Top Secret, then Mine's, and there are a few other shops near me like Bee-R etc. I could go to.

My question is if you had the chance to get your rb26 powered gtr tuned in Japan which shop would you pick? And why?

Haha I swear I'm not trying to show off, I just want to pick the best possible tuner here in Japan while I have the opportunity.

It seems mine's is more focussed on total car balance, and top secret will go as crazy as you want to go with your car.

having the distinct privilege of owning a "workshop" car, i'd highly recommend checking out Midori Seibi Centre.

They were one of a handful of workshops Nissan approved to "officially" be an R34 GTR workshop, and they also have a 4 hub Dynapak dyno, nice and accurate tool for tuning.

They don't quite have the international presence of Mines, Top Secret etc, but i can vouch for the quality of their work and their continuing development of GTR after-market parts is also a good indicator of where their passion and expertise lies.

I'm not super familiar with the geography, they might not be "Tokyo", but i believe they aren't far out.

My 2 cents.

• Like 1

having the distinct privilege of owning a "workshop" car, i'd highly recommend checking out Midori Seibi Centre.

They were one of a handful of workshops Nissan approved to "officially" be an R34 GTR workshop, and they also have a 4 hub Dynapak dyno, nice and accurate tool for tuning.

They don't quite have the international presence of Mines, Top Secret etc, but i can vouch for the quality of their work and their continuing development of GTR after-market parts is also a good indicator of where their passion and expertise lies.

I'm not super familiar with the geography, they might not be "Tokyo", but i believe they aren't far out.

My 2 cents.

They are in Yokohama just down the road:

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.midoriseibi.co.jp%2F

Hi Mish,

the one and only previous owner had all the work carried out at Midori; car is an R34 GTR V-Spec II Nur.

You name it, Midori pretty much did it. Full engine overhaul (kept at 2.6), HKS2530's, Midori development suspension (aragosta shocks and eibach prings), Midori brake kit (alcon), rose jointed suspension components, titanium exhaust, etc etc etc, plenty of little things too.

I don't have dyno sheets from the time it was at Midori, but power would have likely been around 350-360awkw's from this setup i would imagine.

Trent @ Chequered Tuning has looked after the tuning ever since, from possibly the first flex-fuel conversion on a GTR to likely the first HKS V-Cam installation being controlled entirely from the existing Link ecu; between Midori and Trent (and big nod to Racepace), the car has been sweet and has been full time E85 for quite a while now (probably about 5 years?)

She's a sweet little engine, which is testament to both Midori's 2.6 build when they did it, and care it's received in Australia since.

Midori has a quite regularly updated blog which is really cool to flick through, lots of interesting stuff (especially if your Japanese is good).

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mish,

the one and only previous owner had all the work carried out at Midori; car is an R34 GTR V-Spec II Nur.

You name it, Midori pretty much did it. Full engine overhaul (kept at 2.6), HKS2530's, Midori development suspension (aragosta shocks and eibach prings), Midori brake kit (alcon), rose jointed suspension components, titanium exhaust, etc etc etc, plenty of little things too.

I don't have dyno sheets from the time it was at Midori, but power would have likely been around 350-360awkw's from this setup i would imagine.

Trent @ Chequered Tuning has looked after the tuning ever since, from possibly the first flex-fuel conversion on a GTR to likely the first HKS V-Cam installation being controlled entirely from the existing Link ecu; between Midori and Trent (and big nod to Racepace), the car has been sweet and has been full time E85 for quite a while now (probably about 5 years?)

She's a sweet little engine, which is testament to both Midori's 2.6 build when they did it, and care it's received in Australia since.

Midori has a quite regularly updated blog which is really cool to flick through, lots of interesting stuff (especially if your Japanese is good).

nice, it sounds like midori did a great build. I'll check them out and see what they say. i've been told that a lot of shops won't tune a car they didn't build themselves, so i might have trouble getting the big name shops to tune it unfortunately.