SAU Community

Rise Of Tomb Raider + Grid Autosport/dirt Rally

Deza3000

Anyone here manage to max out rise of tomb raider on their PC ?

I used up 4gb of vram on my gtx 970 + an additional 3gb of my system ram (+ the 2gb to run the game) due to textures, on a 1080p monitor. It runs 60+fps, but when i suddenly change location or go to a cut scene the computer chokes as it tries to load textures from system ram :P The gpu has the horsepower but no reserves....so annoying arghhhhhh. Vram is the fuel pump of the GPU world, doesnt provide enough response to the core :P I read somewhere that even a 980ti will struggle with this game in terms of vram, need 8gb~. The visual fidelity isnt all that great considering the system requirements it needs, i mean battlefront looked heaps better and that thing barely used any system resources. But i highly recommend rise of tombraider, best offline game ive played in a while! Heaps to do and pretty good story too.

On another note, Grid autosport (grid 3) is on sale for 9 dollars on steam. I didnt even know they featured the v8 supercars! VF and FG series v8s, should i or shouldnt i get it? I saw the reviews and i dont knowwwwwwww whether i should get it cause it seemed average, i want to get it but im also thinking of getting dirt rally as that game got 9/10 on most reviews. Opinions on either??

Edited by Deza3000