SAU Community

Vic Time Attack 2016

ssxRicho

So in an effort to bring a professionally run Time Attack event to Vic, Jason (who many of you know) has put some skin on the line to promote VTA.

It's interesting as the big WTAC draws competitors from all over, while the smaller VTA and NSWTA struggle to get entries.

So with VTA for 2016 there is a demo/testing class, which for $250 you get access to the track and a huge amount of testing time.

It's looking like 4-5 groups on the day, so break that down into 12 minute sessions and you'd expect 7 sessions atleast.

Yes, yes Time Attack cars come with oil. I think you'll find the teams that are coming for VTA won't bring those issues. If we do the WAP oil soak machine will be on-hand to clean things up quickly.

For $250 you get access to the demo/testing class. Yep bit more expensive than a PIRAC day, but there are only going to be 50-60 cars, not 100+.

Yes it's a Friday, which is a little odd. But value for money track time, this day has it down pat.

This offer is available to anyone, so if you know anyone wanting to do testing let them know.

Oh and it's a 95db day.

http://victimeattack.com.au/entry-forms/

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out Ive got a day off from work this Friday so I'm down. Just signed up a little earlier. Can't think of a better way to spend a day off whilst also supporting and spectating the event.

• Like 1

Awesome laps Richo, they are a lot more aggressive than I am at this point lol. What tyres were ran on both cars?

285 AD08R on my car and 265 RE55s on the S14

Very impressive John, especially on those tyres! Would you go to AO50 if you could use them in the same class without putting you in Modified? If your R33 is classified as Street then it's still road registered???

Everyone will have their own preference on ecu and fuel management systems but I agree people like to follow popular opinion, regardless of whether or not it's based on truth. I have seen cars putting out over 400rwkw with a PowerFC doing just fine. Going higher power output some people tend to favour the additional tuning features that come with more expensive systems, such as Motec or Haltech. Each to their own, whatever works.

Very impressive John, especially on those tyres! Would you go to AO50 if you could use them in the same class without putting you in Modified? If your R33 is classified as Street then it's still road registered???

Has to have rego for WTAC rules, waste money really.

PFC is PnP and just works. My car is pretty simple, so it works well.

• Like 1