SAU Community

Polishing Camera Lens's

mickm66

Hi, Does anyone know what i could use to try to clean up the reversing/side mirror camera len's on my 370gt? They appear to be acrylic, but I've tried the mcguires headlight polisher, and that does nothing.. the image from the camera is very milky, and its nearly impossible to see anything.

Any suggestions??

Is it a factory camera or an aftermarket part?

If its aftermarket it would probably be best to just place it as moisture seems to have gotten itself in their to cause the foggy-ness

If that isnt an option see if there is a way to carefully dismantle it and clean the individual part :)

its factory fitted, both of them have the same milky look to them, nearly impossible to see anything on the display. The polish worked on the headlights, just doesn't do much on the cameras.. Not 100% sure that they are acrylic/plastic, and was hoping someone here may know for sure, could be glass and the problem is further back past the cover.

will post some pics when I can get a working phone/camera

Edited by mickm66

pics added, pretty crap, but thats what it looks like.. and the car is parked on grass..(not that you can tell..)

mirror cam door open

post-142839-0-13627300-1458865216_thumb.jpg

mirror cam door closed

post-142839-0-60078000-1458865242_thumb.jpg

rearview cam

post-142839-0-52743500-1458865328_thumb.jpg

well, I've polished ithem until the cows come home and no difference, so it must be between the lens and the cover or the lenses are somehow not focused correctly.. one I can understand but both seems a little odd.