SAU Community

Angryrb's Project Series 1

Yeah well was dropped off 2nd November and leading up to Xmas said was just snowed under with cars to fix etc, apparently was just a fuel pump to install and AFM at that time  but that was around Xmas when we spoke about it. Why would they want to push a car in and out the workshop daily when it just needs a fuel pump and start it ?? 

• 2 weeks later...

Been an awesome day, the tuner wasn't expecting me to drive it home so we went out for some very basic road tuning to make it drivable.  She's running very rich, so can't put much boost in or it stutters but the thing is very lively, was pulling well without even any boost, gonna be a weapon when tuned. I pulled into a servo to fuel up and some old Indian women in the car opposite, her look was priceless, haha, so disgusted with the sound of the RB haha.. 

Mod plate and some more fabrications like flexible joint in dump and blow off valve recirc next then a road tune followed by a few runs on dyno to further fine tune things.

• 3 weeks later...

Been trying to tuck the exhaust up higher, it was 2inch off ground , has to be 100mm at lowest point.  Shes now 75mm front and bout 90mm at middle muffler.  Cant physically go higher cause theres 10mm between middle muffler and the body.. will have to keep raising the coilovers ?.  Im expecting popo pulling me over so want it legal height and mod plated before driving again, i know a guy who can do it so thats next thing..

20170309_175602.jpg

20170309_175741.jpg

Edited by AngryRB

Isn't this thing a race car or something?

Why number plates and driving on the road etc?  Put it on the track.  No police.  Solved.

Cut and raise the floor, lift the exhaust.  Solved.

:)  in truth, looking ok.  Just give a few more updates, presume it's actually hit a dyno and you're moving onto the next problem areas to solve.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I'm getting excited about seeing what it does on the dyno.  Hopefully can get a fat 350kw.. I've asked for the cam gears to be played with so hope we find a sweet spot ?

• 3 weeks later...

Finally hit the dyno, the 1000cc x spurts at 85% and walbro pump at its limits also so stopping here.  Didn't get chance to play with cam positions and was expecting boost on earlier but it's got plenty of grunt on the street frying the 275's in second.

20170526_221840.jpg

Edited by AngryRB
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Had a big win today, the exhaust although sounded great under boost was droning and too loud in traffic so I made a holmz heltz resonator chamber.  It's maybe working too good as its super quiet now,  who would of thought a big cannon could be quiet and  cost me nothing ?... my welding is super amateur but it works ...

When I get time I'll make a series of different lengths and fine tune it..

20170611_173701.jpg

20170611_173715.jpg