SAU Community

Angryrb's Project Series 1

22 hours ago, AngryRB said:

Had a big win today, the exhaust although sounded great under boost was droning and too loud in traffic so I made a holmz heltz resonator chamber.  It's maybe working too good as its super quiet now,  who would of thought a big cannon could be quiet and  cost me nothing ?... my welding is super amateur but it works ...

When I get time I'll make a series of different lengths and fine tune it..

20170611_173701.jpg

20170611_173715.jpg

Thats awesome! Welds on an exhaust are just to hold it together and not leak, don't need to look good!

GReat to see a truly budget exhaust and not drone!

• 3 months later...

Not much update, but shes still alive..

Just doing maintainence and driving it when i can, theres plenty of tweaks needing done such as cam gear adjustments, boost controller doesnt work properly and cold start is rough.

But all things considered its impressive the pull on 1bar from 3000rpm..

Will eventually get a go pro to demonstrate some pulls and drag times..

20171009_074641.jpg

Edited by AngryRB
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Im enjoying driving the car but cant help but wonder if i can improve the response. I recorded a few pulls, i want to have it responsive as possible so maybe i need a diff change as well as cam timing play on dyno and boost controller working to get the most out of the setup.. This short clip was a 3rd gear pull from 2000rpm and it just doesnt get stuck in till 4000rpm..tge vid doesnt show but its pulling hard at 3600rpm..

Im thinking a 3.7 ratio may help...hmm

Edited by AngryRB

• 3 months later...

Decided to do some heat management, the tial gate has changed from black into purple.. 

Also got some bungs put in the dump so i can later get a wideband and exhaust temp guage hooked up... 

I noticed there was  no duty cycle dialled in for low end spool so i set it to 100% uptil 3k rpm and its alot better but there no traction from 3.5krpm,  its badly needing a diff and setup to lay it down... 

20180321_113250.jpg

• 5 months later...

Car developed a rattle noise on cold start, so ordered a brand new VCT gear and solnoid.  Fitted them up after fitting the ring to make the VCT adjustable again.  Fired her up and noise has gone. 

20180820_170433.jpg

20180820_161758.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

car goes harder now?

Will find out soon, waiting on a new battery as sitting so long has stuffed the battery..

Chasing an issue where it fires on 5 cylinders, what would cause cylinder 3 to not fire? Ive changed plugs, new coil and now coilpack harness.

4 hours ago, AngryRB said:

Will find out soon, waiting on a new battery as sitting so long has stuffed the battery..

Chasing an issue where it fires on 5 cylinders, what would cause cylinder 3 to not fire? Ive changed plugs, new coil and now coilpack harness.

Injectors? 

Had a problem with a 33 had intermittent firing issues on cyl 3 but was something broken in the head. Would be ok sometimes then die sometimes.

Battery finally arrived, decided to splash out and get something decent.  Shes a D34 yellow top, 750cca should be enough grunt.  The battery tray i think will need widened but will be fine.

Also got some more Mobil and zddp additive, even 0-40w and she doesnt use any oil ?

20180906_185805.jpg

20180906_194351.jpg

On 8/31/2018 at 12:06 AM, klutched said:

Injectors? 

Had a problem with a 33 had intermittent firing issues on cyl 3 but was something broken in the head. Would be ok sometimes then die sometimes.

Could be but there new injectors, before the VCT replacement it would randomly not fire cyl 3 on cold start but after 5mins fire all 6. 

Once batteries in ill check the coil is sparking and maybe take the injector out.

5 hours ago, AngryRB said:

Could be but there new injectors, before the VCT replacement it would randomly not fire cyl 3 on cold start but after 5mins fire all 6. 

Once batteries in ill check the coil is sparking and maybe take the injector out.

Just unplug the coil and if it doesnt change unplug the injector 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got the shits with this 5cylinder start ups so now shes at the tuners.

But now apparently it wont start at all, bloody cars.. the day before i checked the injectors, coils all fired, plugs mint, did a comp test, motor cold.

Cyl 1-6: 165,170,175,175,168,170

So happy with that considering the tomei cams drop about 25psi off.

So hoping its a cheap fix but im thinking ecu maybe giving up, if so im gonna get a haltech elite 2000 or 2500 ?

Had a few good squirts on the way, ripping 2nd never gets old..

• 11 months later...

Its been a while, i got the shits and left it parked in the shed.

Recently i pulled the injectors out and had them cleaned.  I was told that it took 80psi just to get them to open, was almost a throw away deal.  Probably cause i left it parked for months, when i dismantled the fuel system i could feel the stickiness of parts.

So i replaced reg, fuel lines, filter and injectors cleaned and she starts on all 6 now with very little cranking.

Probably need a retune now, doesnt smell of fuel and very little knock on the power fc so must be close.

I missed the sound of it coming on boost, is like a jet aircraft, plenty of fun ????

20190919_152644.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Had it at the tuners for a check up and turns out there is dramatic difference in the fuel pressure between the new reg and the stock reg so shes been running lean.  On the dyno she sprung a big coolant leak at the back of the head so on the tow truck home...

Now i have to pull the motor half out to fix what i think is a welch plug backing out.

That sinco mani and 3076 though.... ????

20191022_171450.jpg

20191022_171548.jpg

• Like 2