SAU Community

Exhaust Manifold's: 6boost Vs Crg

MC-WOSHY

Hey guys,

Just after some advice on a new Exhaust Manifold I have come across.

So, soonish I am doing a Turbo upgrade (GTX3076R .82 Rear Housing) on my RB25DET R33 Skyline, I'll be changing the Exhaust Manifold too.

I was always going to go with 6Boost as everyone knows them, they do mint work and are reputable. However my friend has recently shown me an Exhaust Manifold by the name of CRG

I've never heard of them, but they do look decent and I know of one guy here in WA using one on an 800hp R32 and he said he can't fault it

Just wondering if anyone else has heard of them and can vouch for them?

Interestingly, 6Boost advised me they can't make the Manifold Twin-Scroll in the Low-Mount as the way the runners are made makes it not possible, however CRG have advised they can do it no issues.

6Boost:

- https://www.facebook.com/6boost-145583032160562/?fref=ts

CRG:

- https://www.facebook.com/CRG-Turbo-Manifolds-577702618920673/?fref=nf

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

make sure that completely split Cyl 1~3 and 4~6.. what CRG usually do is have 1x merge collector (open scroll) and just put a twin scroll flange on top.. and at times they have 2x separate pipes going out merged into 1x pipe into 1x gate (which is correct).

Pretty sure it depends what you spec, but as you said if you have a fully divide 1-3 and 4-6 but then merge them before the flange with a single dump port that's a bit silly, they need to be separated from each-other by the gate in its closed position, if you have a manifold like the jz one depicted above it needs to have a diver plate down the middle to seat on the face of the gate.

That being said i belive a shop up in T'bar is doing a back to back test of the twin scroll with open single gate vs twin scroll with twin gate manifolds, so that should be interesting when they finish that

• 3 weeks later...