SAU Community

Exhaust Manifold's - 6boost & Crg

Hey guys,

Just after some advice on a new Exhaust Manifold I have come across.

So, soonish I am doing a Turbo upgrade (GTX3076R .82 Rear Housing) on my RB25DET R33 Skyline, I'll be changing the Exhaust Manifold too.

I was always going to go with 6Boost as everyone knows them, they do mint work and are reputable. However my friend has recently shown me an Exhaust Manifold by the name of CRG

I've never heard of them, but they do look decent and I know of one guy here in WA using one on an 800hp R32 and he said he can't fault it

Just wondering if anyone else has heard of them and can vouch for them?

Interestingly, 6Boost advised me they can't make the Manifold Twin-Scroll in the Low-Mount as the way the runners are made makes it not possible, however CRG have advised they can do it no issues.

6Boost:

- https://www.facebook...160562/?fref=ts

CRG:

- https://www.facebook...920673/?fref=nf

Thanks!

Use stock manifold with the gate welded off it.

Any particular reasoning why? To my understanding a good quality exhaust manifold adds a decent amount of performance increase?

CRG is located on the goldocast, fair few blokes around here using them, they also seem to sell a lot to the XR6 crowd. Seems like a fine quality product and very similar to 6 boost.

personally i'd be more interested in a comparison between a 6boost/crg style manifold and something like a fullrace manifold.

Also, you really, really, really want twin scroll.

I think a huge advantage of running that size turbo would be the fact that you could hang it off the standard manifold to retain the stock look. I think I even had my original heat shield bolted on my 3076r. Unless you specifically wanted a high mount mani for some reason.

CRG is located on the goldocast, fair few blokes around here using them, they also seem to sell a lot to the XR6 crowd. Seems like a fine quality product and very similar to 6 boost.

personally i'd be more interested in a comparison between a 6boost/crg style manifold and something like a fullrace manifold.

Also, you really, really, really want twin scroll.

Good to hear, so far both here and on another car page I'm a part of, it's had glowing reviews! :)

Yeah, I know I want Twin-Scroll which is what is making me lean towards CRG over 6Boost

I think a huge advantage of running that size turbo would be the fact that you could hang it off the standard manifold to retain the stock look. I think I even had my original heat shield bolted on my 3076r. Unless you specifically wanted a high mount mani for some reason.

Going Low-Mount not High-Mount & want to change the Exhaust Manifold just cos + Twin-Scroll

Here is another dog poo 6 boost job. What a joke. Zoom in and see the quality. The welding was poor to begin with.

That has either been A) Modified / Repaired (poorly I might add) or B) Is NOT a 6boost manifold. Mine looks NOTHING like that.

Edited to attach pictures of mine (sorry I can get closeups next time I am at the shop).

post-136202-0-43918000-1459794375_thumb.jpg

post-136202-0-93447500-1459794422_thumb.jpg

post-136202-0-26948800-1459794429_thumb.jpg

Here is another dog poo 6 boost job. What a joke. Zoom in and see the quality. The welding was poor to begin with.

Yeah mate you've been had. My 6boost is lovely like HarrisRacings'. Hope you didn't pay more than $50 for it.

It has been repaired by a dodgy exhaust shop. I travel around the world as a welder for a living so I know what I am talking about. The welding is terrible. And I'm not talking about the repairs. I have acquired it from a friend as he was sick of it cracking. He had to pay to have it repaired 3 times. Poorly though.

post-82728-0-70282500-1459818612_thumb.jpg

post-82728-0-08292000-1459818653_thumb.jpg

It's 100% a 6 boost job. It probably looks different as it's for an rb30. He purchased the car with it fitted but unused from new.

When it started cracking 6 boost would not honour the life time warranty as he was not the original purchaser hence the repairs from exhaust shops who know nothing about welding obviously.

That was all before I knew him

I'm sure there was something that contributed to it. I've known alot of people with 6boost manifolds and don't recall any issues. Mine has been faultless

Frankly, I think its a bit crazy to blame 6boost for being shit when he bought a car with it already fitted but 'never used'

Who knows what the previous owner had done. Also I was told not to use heat wrap etc on mine, Perhaps it had heat wrap on it and cracked for that reason?

I've had mine on the car for 2 years, zero issues. It looks pretty much the same today as the day I got it, no signs of heat stress etc

IMG_3831.jpg

20130911_170224_zps92138f31.jpg

I'm not trying to say they are the best manifolds in the world and nothing else compares...... But they are a very good product

Edited by 89CAL

That's a dandelion not 'heat Wrap fibres'. I don't know if it was a prototype or what but the weld quality is poor. Even the one above in your picture is welded poorly and I'm guessing the waste gate outlet on your turbine housing was done by somebody else but that is disgraceful work.