SAU Community

Exhaust Manifold's - 6boost & Crg

If you could read properly you will see that he had these troubles before we became friends. It not an attack, just one of numerous example of a 6 boost manifold being very poor quality. Make what you will out of it, the bottom line is that particular manifold was crap when it left 6 boost. No two ways about it.

Fair call, I did miss that part.

I had a 6boost for a 2j engine, even a welder / fabricator with 28 years of real life experience said it was good. I am sure from time to time some do slip through the cracks - perhaps when a new apprentice starts or rush jobs - who knows. Could be a number of reasons but at the end of the day they do seem to have a good name and if you look under the bonnet at nearly every single car at a Jamboree event then there is a good chance you'll find a 6boost manifold.

They have a lot on their facebook page, had to go back to august to find a twin scroll/gated Rb manifold though, most people seem to cheap out and get single gate T3's :P

Yeah, not too sure why 6Boost told me it couldn't b done

I don't generally cheap out on things, do it once and do it right :)

They have a lot on their facebook page, had to go back to august to find a twin scroll/gated Rb manifold though, most people seem to cheap out and get single gate T3's :P

I will be running single gate though[emoji14]still Twin-Scroll though :D

Everyone has a different way of skinning that cat..........I actually went with a HKS cast low mount and got it extrude honed and hi temp coated. Lots of new stuff on the market since I got mine, but they once had the highest flow for an exhaust mani, was a chart on SAU comparing several brands and they came out on top. But I'm sure time has passed HKS and me by by now.

The HKS was a true low mount, most so called low mounts are actually side mounts........is hard to see my turbo, and I liked the 'stealth' part. The external gate negates it a bit though.

How about the reinforcement which is non existent. Alignment is poor, lack of penetration, gas pores, cold lapping, unequal leg length. I could go on but it's not a passing contest. In the end you don't always get what you pay for. My standards may be higher but to me it is crap.

I can't comment on those attributes, I would need an example in front of me and a hammer to break a few of the welds.

Was about to say, i posted my low mount setup. Its nice once its all in there but man its a bitch to work on. On those days i wish i had a high mount but its fairly rare i have to touch it so can't complain too much

• Like 1

Yep low mounts can take a long time to fit, if you get a highmount and a mod plate then you'll be able to drool over the turbo when the bonnets up and be legal at same time... :D mmmm... fark yeah!!

Edited by AngryRB
  • Like 1

Don't forget to buy a hammer so you can check the manifold for crater cracks, over roll, misalignment, spatter, lack of reinforcement, under cut, porosity. Blah blah blah.

947036.png

• Like 2