SAU Community

Exhaust Manifold's - 6boost & Crg

I also have a sinco that was made for me and it was shipped to sydney and i can tell you the quality was amazing. Comp coatings said it was the best one that they have seen in a long time.

• Like 1

Not having dig or anything but i have trying arrange a 6 boost to make me a manifold for over a month, replied to couple messages with price etc told me he would send his details through the next day but nothing 5 or so messages later nothing.
Sinco great customer service organized it within hour of messaging on a weekend

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

thought id revive this thread and share my experience with crg.  i have been following their work on fb and was impressed. so recently took delivery  of a twin scroll t4 rb25 and a 50mm gate($80 to weld the gate flange :(  . when ordered it took 1.5 weeks longer than expected, they dont answer phone calls and take a long time to reply to fb msges. once arrived wastegate had vacuum fittings already fitted which is strange. no box no CD. no instructions jus the foam insert.. took photos of the gate and sent to turbosmart to confirm if genuine. as crg wouldn't reply  and already sus on them. turbosmart replied and its the real deal. fitting the manifold tonight, 5 of the studs massively fouling on the pipe by atleast 15mm, had to cut down. lucky the engine is out and it would be very painful in. could barely turn the nut with a open end spanner. i understand its custom parts and some mods need to be made. also will have to redo my oil lines. anybody want to swap with a 6boost?.   photos to support this. i dont like to do this but somethinng needed to be done. 

20171114_222518[1].jpg

20171114_222534[1].jpg

20171114_222545[1].jpg

20171114_222555[1].jpg

20171114_222603[1].jpg

20171114_222812[1].jpg

20171114_222920[1].jpg

Is that the oil feed line? how are you meant to get a fitting onto there?

They're some tight bends.. 

Send it back. Tell them to get their shit together if they want to stay in business...

18 minutes ago, bilk06169 said:

ive got a female 4an right angle but that wont work. ill have to run banjo to 4an. btw during that time did get in touch with them and said they had machines down ....

machines down? or workers? Usually a lack in workmanship is due to stock which is metal, so no. Qualified workers who know what they're doing and care about, yes.

Yes the mani looks great, but thats all it will ever do if you cant fit fittings onto it..........................

Disgusting.

For what its worth i needed to use a banjo for the oil feed on my custom one at the top of the page. Also the stud at cyl 6 while not needing to be shorterend, isn't able to fit a bolt on so you kinda need to thread a bolt on with the manifold not sitting flush. Guess that'st he trade off. I presume that the CRG one is a size smaller pipe so a smaller radius etc so sits closer

20 hours ago, bilk06169 said:

thought id revive this thread and share my experience

when ordered it took 1.5 weeks longer than expected, they dont answer phone calls and take a long time to reply to fb msges.

fitting the manifold tonight, 5 of the studs massively fouling on the pipe by atleast 15mm, had to cut down. lucky the engine is out and it would be very painful in. could barely turn the nut with a open end spanner. i understand its custom parts and some mods need to be made. also will have to redo my oil lines. 

So in summary, their customer relations/communications need improvement.

And for fitment you've needed to trim exhaust manifold stud length, be patient/dextrous with a spanner, and use a more creative means to plumb the oil supply.

As per Peter's comments ^^ the fitment issues are fairly common, and most people experience these things.  They are less concerning than getting good clearance/fitment for the dump pipe and WG plumb back; not to mention the compressor plumbing.  Modifications usually involve a problem solving mindset, and perseverance.

Hopefully the setup works well once it's all done.  What turbo are you using?

petes manifold is a much better design. anyways i do understand all the modifications and changes etc. but the manifold isnt even in the car yet and its not up to my standards. what is concerning is that a jig should be setup as they probably made over 1000 rb manifolds, why arnt they constantly making  improvements and getting customer feedback too. that's what i would be doing if i ran a business. 

pipe size is 1 1/4 "   --    ( should have gone bigger)

ill be fitting a 6466 precision --- im still up the air about the rear housing, whether to use 1.00 or .84 split ??? built rb25 neo for street duties .272 cams 

I had issues with my 6boost last year,

ordered a 6boost gt42 manifold for my r32 gtr, my turbo was sitting so high the bonnet wouldn't close

rang them up and said they sent just the normal 6boost manifold, guessing for smaller frame turbos,

received a second one, exact same issues

ended up with a custom turbo-1 manifold in t4 with twin 38mm tial gates that clears everything, AC lines didn't need moving or anything and turbo sits in a good spot

14 hours ago, SiR_RB said:

ended up with a custom turbo-1 manifold in t4 with twin 38mm tial gates that clears everything, AC lines didn't need moving or anything and turbo sits in a good spot

So who made the custom one then?  Pics please!