SAU Community

Rb25det Coolant Drain Bolt Location? [video]

Hey guys. I'm going to flush out my old coolant from the block that the previous owner had in this R34 GTT and put in new Nissan long life coolant mixed with distilled water.

I'm just making sure if this is the coolant drain bolt from the engine block. Here's my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B41O2BuVp0A

I'm pretty sure the bolt size is 14mm.

I'll do a video tutorial on flushing the coolant as there are non on youtube for rb25det's.

Can someone confirm this is the coolant drain block and I'll delete this topic. Cheers!

yea that's the one! its the same on the r33's as well :) its in a prick of a location and it's super tight to remove from memory.

yea that's the one! its the same on the r33's as well :) its in a prick of a location and it's super tight to remove from memory.

Thanks for the reply! :)

I just tried to loosen it and you're right, it's super tight! And I can feel the bolt stripping :( so i stopped. Why do they have to make it so hard for us to flush the coolant :rant: . I had the same problem on my previous car and just drained it from the thermostat housing but it's not a proper flush.

Any suggestions on how to remove that drain bolt without stripping it other than welding a 14mm socket on to it?

Edited by Joni Boi

Never mind! I got it loose using a smaller 14mm length socket :D cos the first attempt with the longer socket didn't sit onto the bolt correctly (on an angle)

How do I delete this topic? I will do a video tutorial on this coolant replacement.

Edited by Joni Boi