SAU Community

R32 Gtr Insurance Values

ok so, thanks for all the feed back and the companies you have used. I have done allot of shopping.

I finally landed on an insurer.

interestingly it is also NRMA classic (well its actually SGIC vintage but same same)

they went through what the cars has and all of the details and this is what I came up with:

1989 gtr 120k (haltech, wheels, exhaust, stereo, coilovers)

$30,000.00 agreed value

windscreen and glass cover

roadside assistance

choice of repairer

$44 a month

$300 excess.

I can drive it 10 times a month and must be garaged safely

im bloody happy with that price and the fact that they are happy to cover me for what I think is a good amount for my car.

don't let your gtr be uninsured. I would use my car as a baseline tbh, oldest standard model possible with minimal average mods in good condition.

Edited by GH05T
  • Like 4

• 8 months later...

another happy little update with my policy mentioned above.

i have added my panasports in full detail to my policy cover as well as the haltech. my payments have only changed to:

$46 per month

$300 excess

$36,000 agreed value.

still very impressed, havnt made a claim yet but atleast i am not worried about my modifications untold, or if wheels get nicked, im allowed $4500 to replace the rims if they do go missing.

• Like 4

Extra $24 a year for $6k value increase is winning in my books! Plus the cover of your listed modifications that they are now aware of. Once I get around to install the modifications with my 33 gtr I'll probably give NRMA a call and mention the mods that have been completed to keep it on record and hopefully the value might go up a smidgeon also.

• Like 1

thats just it, if my wheels get nicked then i have $4500 to play with to replace them, as i had no receipts for them being private sale, they asked for photos on the car and all the details which is great, they hold my record of them so you dont have the response which my mate had once claiming on stolen wheels "you can buy mags for $1000 new" 

aslong as you have reason to up the value they up it.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got my Shannon's renewal in the mail ($75/month, down from $125/month) now that it's been 2 years since my encounter with Skippy.

Thought I'd still try SGIC (NRMA) VVC.......$46/month with the same $40,000 agreed value but down to a $300 excess instead of $500 with Shannon's.

Note I am saving $3-4/month due to now also switching over a couple of other policies to now have all my insurances with SGIC.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My renewal came through, and Famous have offered me $25K value, up from $14.5K at the last renewal. However, they said they may be able to go higher with a comparative quote. Yearly cost is $1150. So, clearly i should talk to SGIC/NRMA... For the following mods on a fair condition car, what value should i ask for? (or will they determine it?)

R34 GTR Wheels
Tein NA suspension 
Nismo front suspension arm kits (54501-RS585-R & 54502-RS585-R) 
Whiteline front and rear anti-roll bars
D2 356mm brakes
Aftermarket exhaust
Nistune
R34 GTR front seats

1 hour ago, MrStabby said:

My renewal came through, and Famous have offered me $25K value, up from $14.5K at the last renewal. However, they said they may be able to go higher with a comparative quote. Yearly cost is $1150. So, clearly i should talk to SGIC/NRMA... For the following mods on a fair condition car, what value should i ask for? (or will they determine it?)

R34 GTR Wheels
Tein NA suspension 
D2 356mm brakes
Aftermarket exhaust
Nistune
R34 GTR front seats

There will be some market value figure that NRMA will have listed for the 32 gtr's. With their current price $25k is easily achieveable if not more. Depending on what they offer you, you can ask them to raise the value, usually at a small cost but you have to 'prove' why you believe the car is worth more. Obviously not factory and modified constitutes as being worth more in value, not just maintenance costs, etc.

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 7:34 PM, MrStabby said:

R34 GTR Wheels
Tein NA suspension 
D2 356mm brakes
Aftermarket exhaust
Nistune
R34 GTR front seats

Would've thought at least $30k based on the above.

My car is by no means flawless but was still valued at $40k without even trying....

• Like 1

I've had the same experience talking to NRMA as mr_rbman.

$40k was agreed upon without mentioning any modifications I'd done, I recall the premium for me was around 6-700/p.a.

I'd hit em up for 45k and see what they come back with.

(I didn't go with them as the policy didn't suit my requirements in some areas)

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, deongster said:

Just updated my NRMA VVC sent them my mod list. And they increased my agreed value.

Agreed $50k - $500+ per annum.

Congrats Desmond. 

• Like 1