SAU Community

Par Engineering?

Tumic

Hi, i have finnished a RB30/26 build now for my drift car that will se around 800-850whp.

Im currently sitting on a stock gearbox and that wont last long with semi slicks tyres.

So im looking for a uprated gear set for my 25 housing and decided to go for a straight cut.

A company here in Sweden just started importing the PAR gear sets, i did some searching around SAU and found that it was not so much positive information to read about PAR engineering.

But that was from about 08 to -12 then it goes quiet.

Have PAR gotten their shit togeather or did just people stop buying their products?

Here in Sweden it's like half the price for the PAR kit vs a PPG kit so i thought it was worth asking.

So are they still shit and what was the problem back in the days when they failed?

And do you guys know if anyone use them for drifting now days?

I saw the same, they had a run of problems and then have gone quiet. I'm going to try them for my next box, my car doesn't make big power and I'm willing to take a chance to save that much....

Occasionally the top boxes like hollinger come up on here 2nd hand under $20k, but what everyone forgets with them is the cost of the annual rebuild at hollinger prices...

I have problem and same question so i build my motor and i end up with 900whp on BNR34 GTR it is a v pec ii

i did few launches and gear box is ok i did fully rebuild it with all new factory gears and i am using it now and feels good.

how ever i do have question about the axels in front and rear can they handle the power and i don't like how my diff not locking. It suppose to be since awd straight forward. car did snake shape i prefer to just lock the diff... what people have done with this massive power.

Any recommendation can help. Thanks.

IMG 0634

I have problem and same question so i build my motor and i end up with 900whp on BNR34 GTR it is a v pec ii

i did few launches and gear box is ok i did fully rebuild it with all new factory gears and i am using it now and feels good.

how ever i do have question about the axels in front and rear can they handle the power and i don't like how my diff not locking. It suppose to be since awd straight forward. car did snake shape i prefer to just lock the diff... what people have done with this massive power.

Any recommendation can help. Thanks.

At the top of this page the second "pinned" thread is about the computer controlled LSD in the back of your V-Spec. If you read all of it (its not too much) you will find out how to service your diff so that it works properly. If you can afford it now wold be a good time to put a Quaife LSD in the front of your car (available from Palmside in Christchurch NZ) and if you have the time and inclination there is information in this section on how to beef up your transfer case (with a GTR the spending never ends!)

Word of warning regarding gerrard and PAR gearsets. Stay thafuq away from them. Searching my gearbox threads will explains

Yeah i have seen that you have had your fair share of problems with PAR.

What was your main problem with the kit? braking the gears?

I know of two people using PAR gear sets and they swear by them. One is actually an engineer for BMW and builds some very impressive track cars.

I've heard they have come a long way since 2009-2012.

Apparently some of the quickest 35s in the world are using PAR gears.

I'm in the same boat and was looking at PAR however might just go the PPG or seq route

My pulsar runs a PAR gearset, previous owner went through the whole process so i can only really pass on what he said and other pulsar peoples opinions...

He said they make a good product, but workmanship wasnt consistent (this was prior to 2011). Gearbox was sent back 2-3 times to be re-assembled properly.

Ever since ive had it, the gearbox has been a dream (touch wood). Its the best manual ive driven, i love it. Can treat it like a dirty broad minded person or baby it. I do use their recommended Neo gearbox oil though, which aint too cheap.

Well now the swedish supplyer claima that PAR just raised their prices with 40-60% so he wont sell them any more and have removed them from his webshop.

So now im back to square one again...

OS giken is Helical cut and PPG is expensive as f**k here in Sweden.

The car is not a competition car, more like a daily drifter so a 4 speed gear box is not an option.

800hp RB25/30 drift daily driver whut, crazy Swedes... :P

What's wrong with helical cut gears? Or are you after straight cut whine?

Hehe, yeah it's pretty close to a competition car without a rollcage. But it passed the MOT last year so it's "street legal"

I just think that straight cut vill be stronger. I dont know how many that have killed a OS giken gear set but i know that i would kill my self if i bought one for that amount of money and it went suicide on me..