SAU Community

GOT SUM's RB34

So I picked up an rb30 bellhousing in the weekend. Unfortunately it didn't bolt up to my existing adapter so I sold the old one and ordered a new one this morning which should get expressed up tonight. Hopefully get it tomorrow and measure the converter height and get that finished off and sent up and also send my tailshaft off to be shortened to suit the new bellhousing. 

Still waiting on hypertune stuff to arrive. Fingers crossed they pull their finger out and get it up here this week so we can finish her off. 

Tested the fuel system for leaks, had a couple leaks from the surge tank hardlines. Pulled them off and tighened them up and nothing so far. Will give it a good testing tomorrow arvo and run the pumps for a little bit. 

Wired up the wideband to the ecu as well, just gotta route the cable out to the can-lambda module in the bay and that's the last bit to go out. Once the intake manifold is on, I might mess around a little bit with the harness and make it neater if we have time. 

Ordered intake gasket, cas seal and the oil filter housing seal and oring from kudos so should have that wednesday. 

Should be an interesting week ??

• Like 2

Gearbox adapter rocked up today, so I slapped it together. Measured the height the converter needs to be and matches what SDE have on record. Unfortunately he wont get it done till next week so I miss out on roll racing on saturday :(It's a nice bit of kit from dominator converters. 

OotAcJa.jpg

Bolted the box up and had a look what we need to do for mounting it now that it's pushed 20mm further back. Quick design and came up with this. It should allow us to retain the factory auto crossmember. Hopefully my measurements all line up ??

byOcxKE.jpg

In other news, hypertune said the stuff is almost ready for shipping. Injectors should arrive tomorrow, not that I can put them on yet :( Also should hear back from the ceramic coater tomorrow as well. Found a driveshaft shop near by so I'm going to also pop in there and see if they can shorten my shaft for me. Then off to engineering shop to see if they can machine the gearbox adapter up for me in a reasonable timeframe. 

• Like 2

Picked up my 6boob from ceramic coating and also got my gearbox mount. Manifold looks sexual now! 

LMhkoK7.jpg

Unfortunately engineered fkd up the mount a little bit and didnt make the holes that mount to the crossmember to the dimensions i specified, so he's making me up a new and improved slimmer one with adjusted measurements on it. Other than that it is perfect. Gonna bring the block size down a bit as its way bigger than it needs to be. 

taw5nUR.jpg

Lt5VPZ8.jpg

Injectors came but still waiting on the hypertuneee. Next week will be go time as my converter will be here and hopefully hypertune will rock up too.

We did a little bit of work on her today. Got the rest of the exhaust welded up. Only thing to weld now is the muffler piece onto the catback as the cracks tacked off and we didnt wanna move the cars around today to get it onto the hoist to check its in the right position. 

Also wrapped half the dump pipe and the front screamer. Need to get a little bit more to do the back screamer but there isn't much to do on it. Im not 100% happy with it in a couple spots but I cbf pulling it off to redo it as its a prick to do. Not bad for my first time. Screamer looks schmicko though!

Few pics for you all

U41Lhll.jpg

y2jLf9v.jpg

oFMH86Q.jpg

4vFk1Yx.jpg

RMBmIMB.jpg

wiQn68d.jpg

8feTMZo.jpg

Edit: I just ordered my spal 16" 3000cfm fan and also got a bonnet strut kit :)

Edited by klutched
  • Like 2

We did a little bit of work on her today. Got the rest of the exhaust welded up. Only thing to weld now is the muffler piece onto the catback as the cracks tacked off and we didnt wanna move the cars around today to get it onto the hoist to check its in the right position. 
Also wrapped half the dump pipe and the front screamer. Need to get a little bit more to do the back screamer but there isn't much to do on it. Im not 100% happy with it in a couple spots but I cbf pulling it off to redo it as its a prick to do. Not bad for my first time. Screamer looks schmicko though!
Few pics for you all
U41Lhll.jpg&key=abee48c1887d3b4e0eefe662b6a4ac547aa58d3ee45390c2b24793aaebbb5201
y2jLf9v.jpg&key=bb80513955f8a0e8a6746687ce15e7b41740c740a0a0cb9f45e84c1b15d4fc76
oFMH86Q.jpg&key=f1c046b6efb4e47b0596891ef00802e91f15362f61bdc4e37ee8235a380f0ee6
4vFk1Yx.jpg&key=57ded452cbc81b62392f856e15e12ca5e856fcc51a7710dd24b376d3c2c30c39
RMBmIMB.jpg&key=af41f3cfc8e964d900df88c5030e78cbbc16d97f4fde78f5b1837a709a54bc76
wiQn68d.jpg&key=63a8e50db021f4b5b2fa16b6e68a563af47aee1deb1586ada35aa5d8fcfcf11f
8feTMZo.jpg&key=b617d881c0704a697c858e621cfefc12d95675e4a3a5ea45857b252084acbc73
Edit: I just ordered my spal 16" 3000cfm fan and also got a bonnet strut kit [emoji4]
Gonna be a shame to plumb those screamers back in....

5 hours ago, Robzilla32 said:

Gonna be a shame to plumb those screamers back in....

Yeah mate, if we have to I'll set them up like my old dump pipe so they can both plumb and vent. Will be a little trickier with 2 of them though. 

Engineer made my new revised gearbox mount for me today and it fits up mint! Also found my gktech gearbox mount when I was cleaning out the garage yesterday so decided to throw it in. 

Uq9G5M4.jpg

yQIpvWg.jpg

Also picked up my tailshaft that I got shortened 15mm and balanced. Fits up perfectly now. Just waiting on converter which should be here thursday and then the box can be bolted up for good.

91JFLOM.jpg

YDQXKMj.jpg

Finished off the exhaust today as well. All welded up now ready to rumble! Really happy with how it's turned out. 

HFX7mpg.jpg

lYZpFPj.jpg

adEPi3R.jpg

FjNl93R.jpg

Dat ass

2i4YCuM.jpg

• Like 4

Few goodies arrived this week... No not hypertune cause theyre useless... Been 3.5 weeks and now they wont reply to emails.... 

My spal fan, t4 gasket and converter arrived though. Pulled turbo off today but waiting until I get the exhaust manifold washers before I put the turbo back on as access isnt the best. 

Tomorrow I'll pull the box out and throw the converter in and finish up everything there and put all the hot side on as well for good. 

kstWcN7.jpg

0DvoRq7.jpg

W2b3eb9.jpg

Really annoyed with hypertune atm.... I just want to know when I'm getting my stuff. Great service when theyre taking your money but terrible once theyve done that considering they said its almost ready for shipping last week which was obviously not true.

Got the hotside sorted today for good :) Just gotta tighten up a few nuts when i put the car back on the hoist as access from the top for the bottom nuts isnt good. I also got some more 25mm heat wrap for the second screamer as we ran out on the long screamer. So I'll pull that off tomorrow and wrap it up to help prevent melting stuff! 

Installed my beanie as well. Doesn't look too bad I dont think. Also went through and tightened up all the fittings on the turbo and wastegates. I need to go get 2 more fittings and some line for the turbo to solenoid line and the FPR to plenum once that gets here. My spigot bush turned up as well but turns out they sent me a manual one so theyve sent me out an auto one which should get here wednesday and I'll get it up on the hoist and put the converter in and finish up the gearbox. 

eAwuBbh.jpg

5Nvq3xQ.jpg

I called hypertune on Friday and they said everything's done except for plenum powder coating which is due back early this week, so hopefully I'll get that stuff by the end of the week and we  can get stuck into the rest of the fab!

Been lazy lately and not getting stuck into the small stuff that needs to be done. Still need to pull the power steer pump off and mod it for the hose and also to bring it forward to match the rb26 balancer. Little bit of wiring shuffle in the cab so we can manipulate the speedo so it reads correct instead of roughly double.

Coilpack kit is coming in the morning as well. Changed to a raw bracket with Godzilla's custom coilpacks rated to 2000hp+ which I'll also install tomorrow and depending on how much time I have I might start on the loom as well. 

• Like 6

My new coilkit came today from Billet coil kits/Godzilla Motorsports. It's their new 2000hp+ highoutput coils. Wish they were black instead of grey but it still doesn't look too bad. Might get cracking on the wiring tomorrow.

fKUkydS.jpg

kRvCNpW.jpg

Kudos sent the correct spigot bush up today, so I'll put that in tomorrow if I get time and the hoist is free.

LbK0VQw.jpg

• Like 3

Got a little bit more done today. Coilpack wiring come up alright. Also removed the water washer bottle as it wont work with the 3.5" cooler piping. I'll get a smaller one and mount it in thdre eventually.

S57pGgj.jpg

9musBM8.jpg

End up jacking the car up and pulling the box out. Of course I forgot the auto trans fluid so I couldn't put the converter in but test fit it to make sure it'd be ok.

And because I'm special I left my flexplate and cover on my old engine so I had to steal a spare bellhousing cover off my mate that I'll have to mod to suit the auto. 

2dutojF.jpg

ThCteAc.jpg

So that's tomorrows job. Get the box all mounted and shifter hooked up. I'll also pull of that second screamer and wrap it. 

Called hypertune again, theyre still waiting for it. They have another batch being picked up tomorrow so if its in that we might get it this week...

• Like 2

Sorted some little bits and pieces out today. Got the right size clamps to fix my loom to the firewall and used the existing screws to mount them. Pretty happy with how it looks. Not the best photo but you get the idea. 

iPvRoDX.jpg

Got the rest of the fittings I needed to finish plumbing up my vacuum and wastegate lines and made up the last line I needed to the solenoid that I tapped into the back of the compressor cover. That was the last thing to do on the passenger side until we start on cooler piping so I mounted the catch can for good as well.

M1I1Icr.jpg

LJKK2nZ.jpg

My bonnet strut kit also finally arrived so I got that all prepped for when we put the bonnet back on which will probably be after tuning. 

q6UP5hL.jpg

Then had a crack at throwing the gearbox in. Had so much difficulty doing it as I didn't have the converter seated all the way so it would hit the flex plate and wouldnt go on any further. Managed to get it to seat all the way after taking it in and out a few times trying to do it. 

trWLLQs.jpg

I went ahead and hooked up the shifter cable but it was a bit stiff the shift so I checked out the shifter and because of the new bellhousing it doesn't line up nicely anymore. So I've got to mod this one to suit the new position and we should be all good. 

2D0rfQl.jpg

I think im going down to the shop tomorrow so ill finish off the box and get that all sorted. Gotta put the converter bolts in, make new bracket, do up tailshaft bolts, put on flexplate cover and put the starter motor back in and connect it all back up.

Also still need to finish wrapping the screamers. And i might as well put the pressure sensor clips on and get them all ready to go for when the plenum comes. Might finish off the inside as well if I get time. It's 1 wire i need to change out behind the dash....

Hypertune is killing me waiting for this shit... I really hope I can get my car going before christmas...

• Like 2

Called hypertune this morning again and finally they've got my plenum back from powdercoaters.... So that'll be getting sent up tomorrow so should have it hopefully Thursday :D

Wired up pressure sensor plugs today and installed the starter motor and sorted out what's going where. 

Cbq9yZC.jpg

Just about finished everything under the car now. Bolted up the converter, tightened up the tailshaft and made up the new shifter cable bracket. Just need to clean it up and make it look pretty with some black paint and we're off. Fingers crossed the screamers dont melt my cable again.... Was thinking about making a little shield for it.

GEkfCmV.jpg

Can sorta see that I also finished wrapping the screamers today as well. Such a prick to get that rear screamer off with the dump pipe in. Hope i dont have to do it again any time soon. 

• Like 1

Spent a few hours on her today and got some little bits and pieces ive been putting off done. 

Powersteering pump got modded to suit the 26 balancer and belt looks pretty spot on. Took me 10mins and wasn't as hard as I expected which was good. With the P/S line I'm just going to get a 5/8 brass 90 and join a bit of hose between them. Will be easier than trying to weld a 90 on there.

1qdrWyf.jpg

rON0eZc.jpg

Auto is also all done now. Shifter feels awesome, transbrake wired up, cooler hooked up all ready to go. Just need to check fluid level when we turn her on. Had to run the hoses a little differently as the bellhousing was pushed back 20mm so they didn't reach anymore. 

OYfEEXs.jpg

Also got the spal mounted up, just need to wire it in tomorrow. It JUST fits in there nicely. Hopefully it will do as good of a job as the stock viscous fan.

s0fBuWT.jpg