SAU Community

GOT SUM's RB34

So I ripped the pump back out yesterday after tafe and dropped the oil and cleaned it all up. Put pump in the gooed the fk out of the bolts around the adapter and under the bolts and got it all back together. Hopefully gonna try and pop the box in this arvo and test but only have 1.5-2 hours to do it. Might just bolt up converter and a couple bellhousing bolts and test it. Hope this stops the leak otherwise dont know whatelse to do. 

Fingers crossed!

20190206_175539.jpg

Good news, box doesn't leak now weeew!! Need to bleed up cooling system and find why my battery wont start the car. It's probably dead now because its been sitting there for 9 months doing nothing and its a few years old now. 

• Like 5

Yeah mate theyre the godzilla coils.  Not sure on batt, think its starter now. Threw a new batt in and it does the same thing. Not enough cca to turn the big block over. 

Heres a half throttle half pull for ya. No timing in yet.

received_492359624625339.thumb.jpeg.c98a8c3b925d23fd1464eaa98d10d768.jpeg&key=fc93cb2f9c33e683e9c720b0f4e37b5ba61a1c2152c8fe313feefe8390bb75f0

Though they were. Their kit is good value and looks the part too. Bugger. Should be a relatively simple fix.

Awesome! That is going to make serious grunt once it's tuned and you put some boost into it. How much power are you aiming for? All of it?! [emoji1787]

If you're interested in enhancing the appearance of the Godzilla coil kit and making up for the grey rather than black coils, you could always go for black anodised Pro-Bolt fasteners, or red even - like I did with mine. Our race team is sponsored by Pro-Bolt and I've got nuts (pun intended) with high tensile alloy, stainless and titanium fasteners throughout the car.

So we got it strapped down on the dyno and did a few runs but we've got some wsstegate problems. Can't flow enough to hold boost at gate pressure 14psi. Most we've got was 50% throttle but it map cuts at 20psi. Played around a little bit and did 25% TPS then ramped to 50% TPS at end but map cut and made 587whp. 

Thinking we need to change oil and let it eat and see what boost gets to. It should get to a point and then just taper off with whatever the gates are flowing out. 

20190216_204759.jpg

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Havent been able to do anymore runs as the glide had a nice clicking noise coming from it. Pulled it out today and dropped it at my gearbox guy. Hes gonns pull it apart tomorrow and have a look. Im not back until the 8th of March so will be on standby until then. Ill pick the box up on the way home and throw it in on sat morning and get it back onto the dyno and sus out this boost problem. Thinking the gates arent getting the flow they need so they arent opening until they get it. We'll just have to trial and error with springs until we get a good pressure we can run for traction and go from there. So might need to look into a Co2 setup possibly.

Those gate pipes look like they are at 90degrees to the exhaust flow... needs to bias the gates more so they can work properly..

Looking awesome though man.

Edited by AngryRB

Quick update guys, box is getting rebuilt this week. Hoping to pick it up on the way home from Grafton on friday after work. 

Gone to a billet 1500hp sonnax gearset, modified pump, new clutches, upgraded band and a few other little thing in there. So hoping to throw it in on Saturday and put her back on the dyno and we'll take off the boost cut and see what she does. Hoping it tapers off somewhere before 30psi. So fingers crossed should be out on Saturday night :)

• Like 7

Got the box back in last weekend. Filled with fluid and went to start her but my starter motor is cooked. So this weekend i've gotta put new starter in and hopefully she fires up first go... 

She lives! Put my old battery back in and she fired straight up. Dropped run in oil and put some fresh stuff in along with new filter. Also topped up trans aswell. Weather is shit is bris atm got bulk storms, but managed to get a bit of dry road today :)

Starter is still cooked, once shes hot she wont start. Have a new one on the way

Heres a few vids for yas!

Enjoy that sweet rb sound!

Edited by klutched
  • Like 2

Couple pics of her sitting pretty in the garage! 

ZmZYAXL.jpg

1C7nRn9.jpg

JCPNAAj.jpg

czXGNJw.jpg

I believe this is why we have boost issues... How are the gasses meant to turn like that at high velocity especially with not much backpressure... Would have thought such a big reputable brand would have a good design to control boost on their manifolds...

65LCPL6.jpg

• Like 2

Car looks sweet.

It is amazing that they make the gate path like that, considering there is enough space to put a bend in rather than a sharp Junction.

• Like 1

Thanks mate. I got a reply from 6boost via golebys. He said this design generally doesn't start flowing through the gates until around 22psi due to the turbo not being in it's efficiency range yet. So we're gonna throw her back on dyno this weekend and see what happens. If that's correct then we should be able to get it even more responsive as the gate is cracking at 14psi, not that I think a great deal would be escaping atm. 

Hopefully all goes well and we can tune it to 25psi if we can get traction on rollers and maybe throw a highboost switch in for 30psi.

• Like 1

Didn't get a chance to put her on the dyno last weekend unfortunately. Should be on this friday getting it ready for roll racing on saturday. 

Drove her around on sat/sun gave her a few squirts for the boys. Took the missus for a drive on sunday morning before I left and f**k me it's so loud... definitely wanna look at getting a 2nd muffler in there to quieten it down.

• Like 1