SAU Community

GOT SUM's RB34

• 1 month later...

Not much has happened with her lately! Got some brand new splitfires ridiculously cheap off ebay.... $295 posted! Will be able to run more boost once I do headgasket and studs  now :) 

Also just purchased a brand new nismo 1.5way for an absolute steal, $650 posted! Hopefully have that this week and rip my diff out and get it rebuilt :D 

• 2 weeks later...

Couple small updates... Drivers window got stuck down today, tested it all and have come to the conclusion that my window motor's f**ked... So trying to find a wreck to get that, also a/c condenser fan and boot interior as mines shocking! 

Photo of how she's sitting atm. Things on the to do are: catch can and also oil cooler/relocator.

IMG_20170209_52762_zpso0eakzzs.jpg

Was my birthday on Monday so decided to pay the rest of my plates off as my present to myself ? PPQ said they should be sent within 2 weeks! 

Screenshot_20170206-182945_zpspr0dk9xk.p

Also been pricing up parts to get my head rebuilt with MLS HG, ARP Studs, Valve Springs, Cams (undecided yet, thinking 260 of 264), new valve stem seals etc. Hoping with these additions/improvements Ill make around 470-480whp. 

Oh yeah, diff arrived last week!! Trying to source a cheap diff so i can throw the center in and also a subframe to put some poly bushes into and swap it all in one hit without my car being off the road for to long!

2 hours ago, admS15 said:

4.3 if drag racing and for circuit with slower corners. 4.1 if daily driving and highwaying.
Did you buy that Nismo diff on eBay/Gumtree from a Melbourne seller?

Yeah sweet, ill just stick with 4.1s then. 

Yeah off gumtree from SA.

18 hours ago, klutched said:

Yeah sweet, ill just stick with 4.1s then. 

Yeah off gumtree from SA.

Only reason I asked was because there was one for sale for 650 on gumtree, bnib but it didn't come with the stub axles which made it not such a good deal. If yours is complete, you got yourself a bargain and a half.

3 hours ago, admS15 said:

Only reason I asked was because there was one for sale for 650 on gumtree, bnib but it didn't come with the stub axles which made it not such a good deal. If yours is complete, you got yourself a bargain and a half.

Yeah mine didn't come with stub axles either. Can't you retain the factory ones? 

1 hour ago, vxsr33 said:

So did those plates cost $2395?

Yeah plates were $2395.

Nismo centre requires different stub axles that are equal lengths. Factory Nissan vlsd has two different length stubs. Usually Nismo diffs come in a kit including stubs, oil and other bits and pieces. I have read that two of the longer stubs from a vlsd can be used but not sure if that is accurate. You can buy the Nismo stubs separately for around the $300 mark.

21 minutes ago, vxsr33 said:

Fair enough man, personalised plates must be cheaper in VIC.
Nice car and build thread.

Yeah, probably. I have these plates for life though unlike i believe in nsw you gotta pay yearly?? 

Thanks mate

19 minutes ago, admS15 said:

Nismo centre requires different stub axles that are equal lengths. Factory Nissan vlsd has two different length stubs. Usually Nismo diffs come in a kit including stubs, oil and other bits and pieces. I have read that two of the longer stubs from a vlsd can be used but not sure if that is accurate. You can buy the Nismo stubs separately for around the $300 mark.

I have just been doing some research but couldn't find anything... All GTR stuff haha... Do you know where I could source the stubs?

Went down to QR last night for Roll Racing! Car performed pretty well, end up making it through a few elimination rounds. Also managed to spring a leak from my radiator. So I've ordered a new worley rad off ebay and also a set of ARP Headstuds :) 

Decided to give her a clean as well as try restore the headlights. Came up 100x better than what they were. Totally changes the look of the car. Mate also just picked up his new 1.5, so I'll be helping him sort out some mods in the next few months 8)

IMG_20170219_33365_zpsaakscrxn.jpg

IMG_20170219_44298_zpss8xon1be.jpg

IMG_20170219_46193_zps6d7hy2jd.jpg

IMG_20170219_50403_zpsc86jq5ef.jpg

• Like 1

Radiator came last week so i'll install it sometime this week before breakky and laps on Sunday. 

Have also ordered my side flanges for my nismo diff from Jesse Streeter, along with a tomei headgasket and a set of poncams. 

Had a few ideas for it, but just gonna stick with stock motor with HG, studs, cams and springs. Will probably do some oil control mods while I have the head offf as well. 

On 2/21/2017 at 5:26 PM, klutched said:

New GKTech Solid Shifter Bush arrived today. Old one was messed up as you can see. Took all of 5 mins to install, hopefully will feel a bit nicer. 

IMG_20170221_26707_zpsiefz6upn.jpg

I had heaps of problems getting my GKTECH bushing in. So much that I removed it and binned it. I messaged GKTECH about it and they were pretty dismissive. 
Did you end up putting your hicas elim in your car BTW?

1 hour ago, kingtube69 said:

I had heaps of problems getting my GKTECH bushing in. So much that I removed it and binned it. I messaged GKTECH about it and they were pretty dismissive. 

No problems for me mate, few hits with the hammer and it popped right in. 

I haven't yet, was waiting until i get my diff built and then do subframe bushes and hicas elim all at the same time. 

I purchased one of these bushes last year and the fit was wayy too tight. I emailed gk tech and told them, they confirmed with me that they had made a mistake and all of the current batch were the wrong spec. Maybe you got one of these bushes?

They sent me out a new one asap and i personally found their customer service to be great. Also their products are good quality for the price.
  • Like 1