SAU Community

GOT SUM's RB34

8 hours ago, admS15 said:

Are you using the anti lag/launch off the line or just doing it manually?

Yeah got anti lag on set at 4k. Can't do WOT launch though haha. Think I'm launching with 10 or 12 pound boost. That 11.7 run was at about 3/4 throttle in first then WOT in 2nd.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a small update... Finally got my windows tinted. Nice 15% on it, looks heaps better and now my right arm won't get as much of a tan ? Also got a set of Work Emotion CR-Kai's in 18x8.5 +35 fronts and 18x9.5 +38 rears. 100x better than my other wheels. Just need to get some good rubber on em! Any recommendations? Thinking about just going RS3s again as they've performed really well. 245 fronts and 265 rear should look good on them :)

Will look a pulling my head off and get it all reco'd with the new cams, studs, gasket etc at tax time. Still not sure if I wanna give the nistune another chance or just go to a link g4 straight up. The idle hunting and stalling is really pissing me off and also cold start is a bitch now.

IMG_20170520_165303_646_zps1uey4gmh.jpg

IMG_20170521_064336_726_zpsko7e2otj.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vxsr33 said:

Damn that looks mint.
Only thing i would do is swap the tailights for the stock ones.

Cheers man! Yeah I have a set of stock tail lights at home but I'm too lazy to pull them out and change them ? 

Probably one of my favourite pics of the car! 

Have decided I'm going to try a set of Nankang NS-2R's on the 18's in a 265/35r18. Might put the 235 proxes that are on the rear up front for now and if the Nankang's are good ill throw a set up front in 235 or 245.

PSX_20170521_083812_zps6jvb6bnc.jpg

Got the Nankang NS-2Rs put on the rear. Fills the guards way better. I could only get the 180 treadwear rating ones for some reason.... They are f**ked when theyre cold, so slippery. Seem to be ok when theyre warm. Still haven't tested them properly yet though. Will probably go out to willowbank on Wednesday for a run with my mate who just got his 33 tuned. 

IMG_20170527_59346_zpsawgcc4xe.jpg

IMG_20170527_3113_zps6fsblxhi.jpg

• Like 2

Had some time to kill today so went and got some tail light tint and went to town on the hideous clear led tail lights. Turned out alright and makes the car look heaps better! 

IMG_20170529_40288_zpslnwgzgbs.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers boys! My wheelnuts also turned up on monday so through them on as well to add a bit of bling :P

IMG_20170604_24899_zpsfj8q8dkz.jpg

Went down to the Torquetime Alljap Dyno Day today and thought I'd throw her on to see what she'd do on a different dyno.

20170604_122341_zpsautinpee.mp4?w=160&h=

IMG_20170604_046_zpspyy9v2dl.jpg

Saw the video on Facebook today, sounded awesome! Looks much better with the new wheels too. 

I ended up ordering the subframe and front and rear diff bushings like you did  with yours the other day - have a mate at a parts shop who got it for half price. What ended up happening with your bushes that fvcked out for the front of the diff, did you find out why that happened?

9 hours ago, kingtube69 said:

Saw the video on Facebook today, sounded awesome! Looks much better with the new wheels too. 

I ended up ordering the subframe and front and rear diff bushings like you did  with yours the other day - have a mate at a parts shop who got it for half price. What ended up happening with your bushes that fvcked out for the front of the diff, did you find out why that happened?

Yeah cheers man, really happy with how it went and the new look! 

Nfi with the front bushes, I need to check them to see if they haven't done it again. If it has i'll be going to solid front bushes.. 

On another note I'm still losing slight traction in 2nd. I'm gonna take it down to get 0.5-1 degree of camber out of the rear which should hopefully allow me to hook up a bit better. Ill take it down the strip after winternats and see how she goes!

3 hours ago, klutched said:

So I just checked my pinion bushes anddddd it's done the same thing... Looks like ill have to get some solid bushes in there...

IMG_20170605_44660_zpspeeleo2g.jpg

Ugghh that's disappointing. I wonder if it would be worthwhile adding a washer to the top side too? 

9 hours ago, kingtube69 said:

Ugghh that's disappointing. I wonder if it would be worthwhile adding a washer to the top side too? 

I'm not sure, definitely something wrong as the same thing happened on both sets. 

I have ordered a diff bush kit from Gktech and also a poly gearbox mount. Hopefully get it all in before Roll Racing this Saturday.

35 minutes ago, klutched said:

I'm not sure, definitely something wrong as the same thing happened on both sets. 

I have ordered a diff bush kit from Gktech and also a poly gearbox mount. Hopefully get it all in before Roll Racing this Saturday.

When you pulled the original factory bushes out, what condition where they in?

3 hours ago, admS15 said:

When you pulled the original factory bushes out, what condition where they in?

They were fine, I'm thinking it could be because I put the Nismo LSD in? All the hopping and shit from it could have cause it.

I reckon they should be able to take that for a while longer. There only a month or two old aren't they. Maybe start a new thread about it and see if others that have experienced similar can steer you in the right direction of the cause. Cheers.

Car's looking mint. Few more months until I pick one up... Finding the right one that isn't molested and is reasonably priced is a lot harder a task than first thought. :(