SAU Community

GOT SUM's RB34

Got a package yesterday, was expecting it to be my surge tank but this rocked up instead!! 4 months and the wait is up. I should have ordered front runners at the same time but oh well :(

Should look secs with mickeys wrapped around them and mounted ?

AuQ2Kv4.jpg

uPCPjE5.jpg

GaJuw3F.jpg

Finally loom is all complete now! Hopefully when everything is in it all works... Come up pretty good. It's back in the car with all the stock connectors on.

8ehrbX2.jpg

Nao0JZj.jpg

Sb7cBWy.jpg

Also started to fiddling around where to mount my boost solenoid and FPR. Was thinking about mounting it there but decided to keep it hidden as best we can so hopefully mount it under the catch can somewhere.

PQcoMdH.jpg

Should have some more goodies arriving this week as well! 6boost, surge tank, head and the bottom end :D

• Like 4

Thanks mate! 

Surge tank and hardline turned up as well! Nice bit of gear. Tank is going back as it had a bits that were damaged during anodizing so they're upgrading me to an SPR1200 ?

Wasted no time getting the pumps in, not that I'll be able to use them yet... 

Need to start ripping out my stock fuel lines that will be replaced with 1/2" -8 hardline. Will be -8 to the bay splitting to -6 into the rail then -8 to the fpr and back go surge. 

qR2AeRo.jpg

ZWjre7p.jpg

cI8s4ij.jpg

• Like 1

Little bit of progress on her last week. Ripped the stock fuel lines out to make way for the new -8 hardline. Need to make something to hold the brake line in place as well.

q588Z7W.jpg

Few of my sensors arrived. 5bar MAP sensor, and oil and fuel pressure sensors. Also ordered a new IAT sensor, oil temp sensor, Link CAN Lambda and Billet Coil Kit 2000hp R35 kit.

lc7PzzI.jpg

Engine builder sent a few snaps to me today! Ready for assembly now wooo! Rings are all gapped, just gotta drop down the old pump housing so he can machine out the slot for the crank trigger, and take new crank seal and pump gasket and it's going together.

NSFW ;)

RFzRDh3.jpg

2KnzBL8.jpg

umQFLrG.jpg

• Like 7

Went and dropped couple seals and gaskets down to engine builder and he had just finished prepping the block. Come up absolutely mint. Go back on wednesday to pick up the finish product :D

yLlhD9k.jpg

6zjbyTL.jpg

• Like 3

Spent a few hours on it this morning and painted the block. Came up alright, few hard to get spots around the deck that I missed cause I didnt want to get paint on/inside. 

XDvaBuW.jpg

Fitted up my crank trigger as well. Thinking going for a 12t on there instead of the 6t. 

IVMqwUg.jpg

Went to put the sump on but didn't have any pickup o rings left so ordered that, rear main, cam seals and rocker cover seals as well. Hopefully next couple days ill have the short block all bolted together.

Edited by klutched
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Have had the inlaws up for the last couple weeks so nothing has really been done on her. Went down and picked up a new set of MTs. Can't wait to get em fitted up and see how they sit in the guards. Also finished mounting the surge tank, relays are mounted so will finish wiring them up sometime this week.

ow1C4Do.jpg

pUKDUta.jpg

We also decided to go to a 26 head, it's getting built atm and going to contain a full race port, ferrea valves, kelford springs, cut seats and a service. Hopefully should be done early next month. 

Had a couple hours spare today so wired up the surge tank. Just gotta find my split coro to clean it all up and get some smaller lugs for the pos and neg on the tank. Also gotta get the factory pump trigger over to relays. 

6lW0oui.jpg

uKEd10l.jpg

Popped down to the shop after work today and slapped my sump on. Bottom ends ready to roll now. 

ADwmKMa.jpg

Stole a couple of crimps while I was down there and got the surge tank 90% sorted. Gotta pull the 3rd line out and put a bung in then she can get bolted in and not come out... Until we need more fuel ?

eSYcjKK.jpg

q1wbRC5.jpg

• Like 1

Got the mickeys fitted up today anddd they fit mint. Can't wait to go out and get some heat into em.

Also finished putting my intank pump back in lastnight and today finished off the surge. Time to buy all my fittings and lines and plumb it up :D

DN8B5EP.jpg

fKztP3z.jpg

igpN8Xc.jpg

YQFVJ55.jpg

• Like 2

what size and back space are those welds? And how much clearance do you have on the rear brakes? looks great with the 27" (27.5) radial!

Edited by azzada1

5 hours ago, azzada1 said:

what size and back space are those welds? And how much clearance do you have on the rear brakes? looks great with the 27" (27.5) radial!

Theyre a 15x8 6.5 bs. Its got a 10mm spacer on it which isn't ideal but I had to space it off the brakes (only need 3mm but wanted a little more). If i was gonna do it again i'd get 15x8 6"bs. Would push it out to around where mine sit now. Wish I could slam a 275/60 under it :(

Had a play with the hardline today. Need to go get brackets for them next week and mount it up properly. Was pretty easy to do, took me 10mins and I just bent it with my hands. Should come up alright when its done ?

UgGG4JU.jpg

Uw1zY6p.jpg