SAU Community

GOT SUM's RB34

Slowly chipping away at it. Got the hole cut for the cooler piping and cut off the vband on the comp cover. 3.5" piping is going to be a bit of  struggle to fit under there as the tyre is fairly close to the guard already when full lock right. We will see tomorrow while the sun is out what exactly we are going to do.

FyfMW49.jpg

chq1aqv.jpg

We also tacked on the bends to mount the gates onto the manifold. Front one is going to be very tricky but I think we've found the best spot for it. See how we go tomorrow have even have it tacked up. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Not a lot happening lately. Got myself a new car so been enjoying that. Just waiting to recoupe some money so i can get the last bits and pieces to finish her off. Our 4" bends arrived yesterday, so gates will be welded on this week and should hopefully have atleast a dump pipe. 

Zh83Ukr.jpg

Here's a pic of the rig from last weekend up at Double Island.

x2eKaER.jpg

• Like 1

Bit of progress tonight! Got the gates tacked on ready to be welded up. And started sussing out the dump. We've got a rough idea oh how we're going to run it. Should get a fair wack of it done this week. 

DSQhnuS.jpg

DlV07u9.jpg

d3KWV3n.jpg

j7tTo0K.jpg

aYSSYXA.jpg

• Like 4

Some good progress today! Went down and picked up some fittings for the surge tank so we can finish the boot. The bulkheads are all fitted and ready for hardline to go on. Got one on today that came up ok. Might redo it and just use 90s instead of weird angles.

s76Dkkr.jpg

We have also been designing this powersteering bracket for a few weeks doing multiple tweaks on it to get it perfect. Won't be long till its the final result, just have to clean up the 3d printing a bit for a nicer finish and replace the bolts with buttom heads to clear the bonnet.

WgSO0w0.jpg

Also got all the pieces together for the dump pipe. Just gotta wait till monday to get a 4" flange and gasket to put in and then we can continue on with the exhaust. Also welded in the wideband bung aswell. I'll probably get around to mounting the can lambda sensor to the firewall as well as the 4port solenoid next week. 

t1ZWZ0W.jpg

TZ3jI3A.jpg

gsxJK7U.jpg

• Like 2

Little bit more done today! Surge tank is all plumbed up ready to go. Not 100% happy with it but it will do. Hopefully nothing leaks! Fuel system is almost all done now bar lines into the rail. Just need to hook up the 2 lines under the car to the hardline and shes good to go and run a braided line from the hardline to the fuel reg. Just need a couple straight fittings. 

yh84lBL.jpg

Mounted and wired my boost solenoid as well. Catch can will keep it hidden nicely. Also have to try and mount my link wideband module somewhere in there aswell. 

t60DLlM.jpg

vIZglgh.jpg

Car is slowly coming along. Converter should be ready sometime this week. Ordered Hypertune gear today as well, v2 Intake Manifold with some special colours, and 600x325x100 Intercooler and 4x 3.5" hypertune clamps. Should be ready this week/receive early next week.

• Like 3

Fuel system is finished now! Except for rail anyway. Got a heap of fittings today to plumb catch can, turbo oil feed and drain, head drain and few other bits and pieces. Oil feed is done, and one side of my can. Gotta go change a couple fittings and ill finish plumbing it all up tomorrow. 

Also gotta try and work something out for my heater. Not a big fan of those big brass fittings on there atm. Hopefully find something so i can run black fittings on it. 

dxp8XHC.jpg

jrrKx8v.jpg

BXo4kAL.jpg

• Like 4

Went and got some fittings today to finish off plumbing up my gates and catch can. Here is the final results. 

DRwKOOC.jpg

4mg5ePR.jpg

JbysXHc.jpg

WzX1B89.jpg

ONeyqnH.jpg

e0Cgyye.jpg

Tomorrow I have to get a few more fittings again fml, always forget something. Been down everyday this week so far. I have sorted fittings for coolant/heater path just need to swap the hose end to something bigger as it was too small for the heater hose. And I need to get some more 200series hose and a couple of fittings. That should be everything until we have to plumb up the fuel rail and plenum. 

• Like 1

Finished the turbo drain and coolant hoses today. Come up pretty nicely, ive just gotta get some hose clamps and mount them to the firewall as I've deleted the factory plastic mount.

Mate also finished welding up the dump pipe as well. Got a super high flow cat being made up tomorrow and I'll grab a couple flanges and we can keep going with the rest of the exhaust. 

Plan is to finish the exhaust off and finish welding everything up on the manifold so we can pull the motor out to fit up intake manifold and head drain. Drop motor back in see if it runs and no leaks then fab up intercooler piping which shouldnt be too bad. 

xGH7NZW.jpg

jPDuorR.jpg

oCkP0Gt.jpg

Q1qi8ff.jpg

4okO0zt.jpg

• Like 4

Few little small things done today, cleaning lines and double checking over stuff. Surge tank is now 100% put clamps on pumps inside tank and put the oring in.

Got my wideband module mounted nice and stealthy location. Next week I've got to pull through 4 wires for it and get my mate to hook it up into the ecu.

n2F3OzL.jpg

sZ3aJm8.jpg

Pulled my booster off aswell and dropped it down to my painter. Had it back in a couple hours. Flipped it aswell so theres no big dirty hose running across the top. 

WtVqN47.jpg

Finished off FPR. Line will get connected once plenum in is. Also threw a hose clamp on the hardline to give it a bit of support off the body.

ZsfOmdN.jpg

Custom cat got made up today and went and picked that and a few flanges up and got stuck into the exhaust. Dump pipes all welded up now.

Eh3oV6o.jpg

Jks lol fake cat!

GQKDQgd.jpg

We have made up the next little part of the exhaust but unfortunately exhaust shop only got sent the 3 instead of 4 flanges. So monday we'll get the other flange and also the magnaflow muffler.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, UWISSH! said:

Reason behind mounting the wide band stealthy?

Loving everything in the build. Should be a wild ride once complete

Want to keep the bay as clean as possible and clutter free. 

Cherrs mate, can't wait to drive it!

Went down to the shop and got a bit more done today. Gates are almost complete. Just need to get some more pipe to replace the straight bits and make them a bit longer. Once that's done we'll weld them all up and finish welding everything on the manifold and send it off for coating. 

Got some billet clamps for the -3 fittings aswell. Looks shit hot compared to a ziptie ??

Also got the 90 welded onto comp cover and hole cut a bit bigger to suit. Gotta wait for hypertune gear to come so we can work out what we need as there will be a clamp going before it 90s down.

OZNlQYS.jpg

SOUU7xO.jpg

sQIJjBP.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Taha said:

Top build do you know what  a 3.4 can rev 2 as I'm thinking of going spool 3.2 or 3.4  

We'll only be revving it to around 8500rpm, depending if it's still making power or not. I know JEM rev's theirs 9500rpm. 

Exhaust is almost finished! It's currently all tacked together, so tomorrow it will be getting welded up, along with fixing up the screamers. Exhaust turned out awesome. Mate wanted a cannon not an oval muffler so I got a cannon to put on. 

Surprisingly the 4" system sits up really nicely! It's probably got about 140mm clearance under it. It does have stock suspension though.

This weeks game plan is tomorrow pull box off and get measurement for new converter then that is ready, finish welding up exhaust and manifold then prep motor to come out for head drain. Thursday take mani off to get coated, install head drain and plumb to sump.

Going to order a spal 16" 3000cfm fan to put on my current rad that will bolt onto the hypertune radiator when I get sround to getting one. Hypertune said they should have stuff to me next week. 

Next week will be a bit of a push to get it all done rear for roll racing on saturday but we will see how we go.

SWaXR58.jpg

gZDOjpk.jpg

QzWuR6T.jpg

HJGN2Ng.jpg

sgtHZbB.jpg

• Like 3

Not much going on at this point. Pulled hot side out and welded up the mani and sent off for ceramic coating, should be back mid next week. 

Pulled the motor out yesterday to do the head drain and also fix the heater hoses to the wall then dropped it back in. Everything is getting bolted in now for good.  

8n3Ddxb.jpg

hMHmlSF.jpg

Might head down today and finish welding the exhaust and wire in the wideband and a few other things to get it ready. 

Little bits and pieces to sort out here and there. Have to mod powersteering pump and bring it forward to suit the rb26 ATi damper and also work something out to bring the powersteering hose straight off the pump to run to the resi in it's new location. 

Had a couple dramas with the gearbox situation... My new converter has been made but my converter height I need is too small for him to finish it off. So I need to source an rb30 jatco bellhousing which is about 20mm longer than my rb25(?) one and possibly an adapter to suit. Then have to my tailshaft shortened to suit and remount the gearbox. Probably dreaming a bit to get it done by next weekend now... Also still waiting in hypertune stuff to rock up. 

• Like 1