SAU Community

GOT SUM's RB34

2 hours ago, vxsr33 said:

Wow this build has progressed so much, been following since the beginning. An amazing example of a clean R33 gtst done right.
Good stuff emoji106.png

Thanks mate, she's slowly getting there! Should be well worth the long wait it has been :D

Got my new aircon belt today and put them on for good. Also plumbed up the powersteering hose ready to refill once we get her running.

nY2Z9CN.jpg

knaCuXO.jpg

Found an oil filter adapter thing with ports to run my oil temp and pressure off that was kicking around the shop so I cleaned it up and fitted it along with the sensors and wired them up ready to go!

fxTaYku.jpg

Also started modding my radiator today. Cut off the bit where the original hose connected to and cut out a piece that fits to cover the hole and drilled out 4x 20mm holes for the 3x -10 and 1x -6 weld ons to sit in. Hope it works well with the hypertune manifold. Just needs to be welded up now.

votz1yX.jpg

Took this just cause sexual ;)

RwJwcHE.jpg

Hoping the hypertune stuff rocks up tomorrow and we can get cracking and try finish it before chrissy!

• Like 7

Not much done today as I'd have liked but car won't be done until the new year anyway.... Called Hypertune again today to get tracking number and lo and behold they havent sent it yet... Excuses excuses... Plenum came back but there was something wrong with the powdercoating and they went to assemble it and they had invoiced for a 102mm throttle body and not a 90mm so they had to do whatever they had to do with that... I told them it's ridiculous and the car was meant to be done before christmas. So he said the intercooler and rest of the stuff is done so theyre sending that and the clamps up tomorrow which we'll receive monday if they actually do it.... Atleast we can get cracking mounting that and doing half of the cooler piping straight after break. Who knows how long it's going to take them to get my plenum done though... 

Anyway got speedo wiring all sorted (I THINK) and dash put back together. Because the speed sender on the glide was making my speedo read like double we ran it straight to the ecu now and then out of an aux output straight to the dash that we'll be able to manipulate via the ecu which should get my speedo working again. 

AbtU1jh.jpg

Tomorrow I'm going to try and get the spal fan wired up. Disappointing we couldn't get my radiator to weld up very good as the alloy was pulling all of the coolant and shit out of it and couldn't get any decent welds down so I'm going to buy another cheap alloy rad that hasnt had stuff go through it and get some more weld ons for it. That will happen in the new year aswell though.

• Like 2

Man that sucks about the hypertune stuff. I’ve read heaps of posts about how slow they are with products but I guess they don’t care as they have a reputation for quality parts so people will just continue to buy from them.

1 hour ago, UWISSH! said:

Man that sucks about the hypertune stuff. I’ve read heaps of posts about how slow they are with products but I guess they don’t care as they have a reputation for quality parts so people will just continue to buy from them.

Yeah it's pretty disappointing that they tell you 3-5 days and then yeah it's almost ready for shipment, and excuse after excuse. If they said it's coming up to christmas and we're flat out, you'll have it by this date, I would have been fine about it. But I have literally been told its ready to be shipped out, then we're waiting on plenum to come back from powder, got it back it'll be to you this week, now the throttle body wrong size and powdercoating problem... Like you'd think a company like that would try and get ahead and have some premade stuff for popular motors ready to go just need paint/anodizing or whatever. Theyre so popular the products would be sitting on the shelves long.

I feel like giving them a 1 star on facebook ?

Ill be surprised if they actually send the cooler and clamps today and we get them monday..

Damn that is aids, but you know they're just prioritising customers.

They rather supply to the big shops first as they get a fair whack of advertising through social channels and of course MotiveDVD when they do a workshop tour or so. 

Always a pecking order but like others have said they have a reputation so zero fks given to someone like you or I. Plazmaman isn't "too" bad but lately with the two new sales guys it's has been questionable too lol. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and new year! 

So got on the phone to hypertune early this afternoon to see where my intercooler is so he checked tracking and he said its with driver today but scheduled for delivery on the 7th. Turned around and a TNT truck pulled in, so I asked him if it was TNT and he said yes! So much excitement. TNT guy gave me this... Felt like christmas again!

SFYIpEO.jpg

Quickly unwrapped it all and had a look at the clamps and popped one on for the hot side.

zUVyNOY.jpg

Had a quick look at mounting it, got one bolt in to see how it would sit. Gotta cut a little bit of the chassis rail out to get it into its proper position. 

qgcmntr.jpg

It has to move up to the next hole on the bonnet latch which I'll do tomorrow once I cut the chassis back. We'll also get cracking on the hotside pipe from the turbo tomorrow as well. 

Hypertune said powdercoaters should be back next week to fix up the coating so should have it hopefully next week or the week after :)

Went and got a shelf for the garage at home today to give it a good clean up to make way for the 33 to come home. Little bit more to go but heaps better now...

rucKdNw.jpg

• Like 3

More progress today, hot side is all done now!! Come up pretty schmick. Can't wait to get my intake manifold and get it done! Also got some pinchweld for around the hole cutouts. Cleaned the look up nicely.

91VS74m.jpg

izDZGHf.jpg

OJ7Aj7M.jpg

Got the bumper all cutout as well, its starting to look like a car again!

imRe67v.jpg

• Like 8

Ok so hypertune said I'll have the intake this week! Few little things left to do now.

Obviously fab up cold side once intake is on. 

Need to get a -10 straight for my turbo drain as the 45 I had on there won't work now with the front screamer where it is. 

Also need to get an inline oil filter for turbo feed to try protect the turbo. 

Had an inline speedflow fuel filter with 40micron filter laying around that will be perfect for what we need so will be throwing that in as well. 

Try get someone to weld up the radiator and wire up the new spal fan circuit.

Wire up a couple things to ecu for the speedo so we can try get the speedo working correctly this time. 

Also gotta make up a bracket for auto dipstick. 

Should be doable to get it all done this week. Im back at work this week so ill see how I go for time after work. 

• Like 2

Nothing good to report on yet.... Have tried calling hypertune multiple times and they dont even fkn pick up their phone... So don't know where my intake is. Hopefully it rocks up today but thats probably just wishful thinking like the rest of the times... 

Been doing a couple small things on the car that I kept putting off. Brakes are bled, balancer bolt torqued up, changed my oil drain fitting for a straight and fit it up, installed turbo oil filter so hot side is all back together now. Went around checking all the fittings and bolts/nuts make sure theyre all tight. 

Still need to take my rad down and get welded up as my mates welder isnt big enough and cant get enough heat in to pull the porosity out. 

Have also ordered 8L of joe gibbs run in oil, should be here today.

Couple pics how i mounted the turbo filter.

ENFr3Xm.jpg

jwOL4MY.jpg

Finally some good news today! Hypertune will be here early next week. It is with TNT as we speak :D

My run in oil also came today. Went with Joe Gibbs Driven Racing oil that spool recommends. Threw it in to check for leaks. Gonna give it a crank next week and blow some oil around the motor/turbo ready for the intake to go on and start her up :D

6Rgko12.jpg

vyMo9c0.jpg

Did the first mod on my nav today as well! Picked up an awning and threw it on for beach trips and camping. 

Slo0yXu.jpg

V9hDNnU.jpg

As you can see hypertune finally arrived today! Assembled it and test fitted on the car so we can fab the cooler piping. Of course we ran out of gas and everyone was shut already so thats a job for tomorrow. Got a few fittings today but will need to get the rest of them and some more hose. 

Also need to get an rb26 tps and also a longer throttle cable. What does everyone use when going to an FFP?

9zsMEFu.jpg

• Like 2

I just drilled the plate on the side of the throttle body to get the extra 5mm i needed to make mine work.

I bought a 34 non turbo cable as i was told it would work but too long for my car.

Ill measure it and if its of any use to you, you can have it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NEO25T said:

I just drilled the plate on the side of the throttle body to get the extra 5mm i needed to make mine work.

I bought a 34 non turbo cable as i was told it would work but too long for my car.

Ill measure it and if its of any use to you, you can have it. 

Cheers man, mate has told me that S14 will work. Just waiting on kudos reply to see if they have one in stock or not. 

Also going to order a new tps, plug and a coolant temp sender for the dash that we'll tap into the thermostat housing hose. 

Currently at tafe and theyve pushed our times back 30mins so don't get off till 4 so makes it hard to go get fittings and stuff.