SAU Community

GOT SUM's RB34

5 hours ago, robbo_rb180 said:

Waiting on parts is the worst. Engine bay looks great. 

I've got a s14 cable if you want it 

Thanks mate. Yeah it's been a long wait but will definitely be worth it. 

All good thanks for the offer, ordered a new one from kudos should get here tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Jordy32 said:

Goodness me this thing has shaped up to be an absolute monster lol

Yeah hahah she should get up and boogie now compared to the old baby 2.5 setup

• Like 1

Got the last intercooler pipe tacked up last night. We'll finish welding it up today and also see if we can do the radiator as well. Manifolds coming back off so we can tighten fittings and make lines up then we'll pop it back on for good. 

Also need to go grab some more pinchweld for the hole and trim it out a tad more.

pbyOh9d.jpg

OzvxOkv.jpg

• Like 6

Got a little bit done on her this arvo/tonight. Went and got the rest of the fittings I needed except a grub screw for the fuel rail. Got cracking on making lines this arvo then pulled the plenum off to give it a final clean and popped it back on. Rail is on as well, just need to run lines up and back and also a vac line to the reg which is half done already.

hOgWfU1.jpg

clBKQIr.jpg

Tomorrows goal is to get those last lines made, wire injectors and try and get the radiator finished. Gotta cut the middle 2 off and put new ones on and hopefully we can get them to weld nicer. Also gotta put tps plug on when it comes tomorrow and a couple coolant temp sensors somewhere. Then we'll be ready to rumble! Unfortunately won't be here over the long weekend but might try fet back early monday and finish it off if we dont tomorrow.

• Like 6

Had a pretty good afternoon today... Got all the lines and stuff done bar 1 line from my hardline to my fuel filter which is about 10cm long. Everything else is plumbed up. 

Couldn't get radiator to weld so im gonna take it to a mate with a bigger welder to see if he can get it done. 

Went through and checked my wiring. Injectors are firing, coils are firing, TPS is good, air temp we need to hook up at ecu. We are getting weird readings from the MAP sensor for some reason. 

Also tried to get some oil pressure around the motor but didn't manage to get any :/ Mate said sometimes need to start the motor to get pressure. 

Lil vid from cranking the motor, turbo starting to spin without plugs in ;)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, NEO25T said:

I put a good bit of assembly lube in the pump during assembly, to get pressure up on the gauge it took 5 or 6 5 second cranks of the key

Yeah did a bit of research on it the other night. Gonna pull filter off and try and get some oil down to the pump and turn the motor backwards to get some suction then give it a crank. 

• Like 1

Finished the last fuel line today, checked fuel system and no leaks. Also managed to get the radiator welded up! Doesn't look pretty but it should do the job. We will pressure test it tomorrow hopefully no leaks... 

Found a problem with the sensor wiring too. I wired the sensor ground and 5v backwards because the drawings for them werent clear. Those motorsport plugs are terrible to try and pull apart so I've ordered 3 new ones. Will have 2 tomorrow and last one thursday, so will wire up the map and oil pressure sensors and we should be good to fire it up!!

Also tried pushing oil down to the pump but no luck getting any oil pressure still. Hopefully its not the pickup o ring not sealing or something stupid that we'll have to rip the motor apart.... 

Fingers crossed tomorrow is the day. Won't be able to tune it until we get that last plug for the fuel pressure sensor but will give us some time to double check everything.

• Like 4

Bit of a shit storm of a night tonight. Got everything wired up so decided to try and get some oil pressure. Gave it a couple cranks but nothing, so decided to try and start it. Everything hooked up checked timing but couldnt get it to go. End up being that the cam trigger wheel was 180* out. Flipped it around and started first go for a couple of breaths and first reading of 5kPa oil pressure! Adjusted the throttle body so we had a bit more idle rpm and off she went! Heaps of oil pressure but had to kill it after a couple seconds as we had a leak from the block. Got that fixed up and fired her back up. Vid below. 

Lost a bit of oil from the leak (my fault) so will have to try and get some more joe gibbs tomorrow if we can or im gonna drop it and run penrite run in oil. 

Only a couple small things left now, clean up oil from leak, put new coolant sensor into the rad and wire it up, fill with coolant and more oil, check for anymore leaks and then should be onto the dyno if all goes to plan!

Can't wait to see what sort of numbers she does!

Stay tuned

Unfortunately no tuning yet :( got everything sorted though and idles mint! Found a nice leak from the auto, thinking its the pump seal. Doesn't leak until we turn the car off. So gotta rip the box out and go get it serviced this week and hopefully get it tuned before I go away for 5 months the following week.

Couple pics before we started her back up. I put the front end all back together now so looks like a car again!

gEaT7KI.jpg

ykBBrRU.jpg

• Like 5

Pulled the box out yesterday and had a look. Couldn't see anything standing out that was leaking just the usual leak from the input shaft from the converter fluid. Put some thread sealant on a couple of the bottom bolts. Got it half in yesterday then finished it off this arvo. Turned car on and stillll leaking fml... So over it now, so I gotta pull it back out tomorrow on my bday and have a quick look before dinner. Hopefully theres something more obvious this time. Ill probably end up taking it to an auto shop to have a look on thursday. 

You can see where its slowly leaking out of, it must be dripping down from somewhere and leaking through the bellhousing adapter as well. Hoping its just a couple worn seals. Don't think I'll be driving it before I go away on Monday...

20190205_202157.jpg

I don't know much about that particular tranny but the most common place I saw autos leak from was the outer oil pump seal which is the huge o-ring that goes around the outside of the oil pump to seal against the trans housing.  They're pretty easy to nick the edge off and create a flat spot on the seal when they're being re-installed.  Replace that and your front main seal at the same time and that should realistically fix the leak unless it's leaking from somewhere on top of the tranny and leaking down?  Not a leaky cooler line or something?