SAU Community

GOT SUM's RB34

Got her on the dyno yesterday. Did a bit of a tune up but couldn't get it to hook up doing a full throttle run even easing onto it. Definitely need to get her on a dyno to finish the tune off.

Got her off the dyno with mickeys bolted on and holy sheet. It holds 25psi perfectly at full throttle and mickeys grip up and take off. 

Booked into roll racing tonight so will be interesting how we go on first outing. Cars probably only on 700-750whp with still more timing to go at this boost. 

Quick vid for yas 684whp 23psi 73% throttle 8000rpm.

• Like 4

Weather was mint in brissy today so I took her out for a stroll. Went and got the groceries, then mate decided to come round for a cruise on his bike. Of course had to hand out the smack down show him who's boss ? Only a little MT09, but he also has an R1 that I'll line up when we get home next weekend. 

Little vid with some GPS action as well.

Enjoy :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update, took her out to Roll Racing on Saturday night for a shake down run. Car went well apart from 1 small issue. Went out to give my mate a run in his 2J RX7. Waited in line then was about to do my warmup skid and coolant started pissing out the overflow bottle. Shut her down and waited for her to cool a bit and drove her back into the pits. Upon inspection we found that the fan connector plug had melted. We called it a night for racing and rigged it up straight onto the battery to get me home. 

Have ordered a new DT plug which should fix the issue as we just had a cheap narva plug on it. 

Pretty happy with how it feels at 25psi. 1st gear is a nightmare for traction so I'll have to play around with the alignment and tyre pressures and probably need to do a bit bigger skid to warm them up. 

Here's a few vids from the night.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another mint night out at roll racing last night. Car performed absolutely on point all night, not one issue now. Prepped the car when I got back on yesterday. Drained catch can, fixed my shifter bracket, pumped my tyres up, finally hooked my boost gauge up and gave the car a bit of a tidy up. Went more prepared this time with a bottle of oil and an empty bottle to drain my catch can into at the track. I had 10 runs all night, dropped the can before eliminations, after 6 runs and about 250-500mL of liquid came out. Which is good compared to the last time i had it overflowing. Heres some videos for everyone. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Russdmuss said:

Being following your build for a while, such a great build.
Seen you out at roll racing last night. It hooks up really well, you had some good races.

Cheers mate, really happy with her last night. Cant wait to put some boost in :D

Few pics from roll racing on the weekend for you guys!

Have ordered my 3rd fuel pump to chuck into the  surge tank. Should fuel the setup at max power no worries now. 

To do list is install the pump this weekend and wire it up. Hopefully take the car for an alignment saturday some time. Then if all is well we'll chuck it on the hub dyno the following saturday. Also gotta get a button for push to pass on the street if i need it. 30psi or so. Then setup the low/hi boost switch for 25psi and 40psi. 

Thaat should keep me happy for a while ?

_MG_9521.jpg

_MG_9496.jpg

_MG_9575.jpg

_MG_9578.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got her on the hubber today! Put my 3rd fuel pump into the surge tank last night and upgraded the alternator cable. 

Car is on point! Ran out of turbo at 35psi making a whopping 1021hp! Can't wait to dial her in and see what she's got down the 1/4. 

FB_IMG_1558774008162.jpg

FB_IMG_1558774015947.jpg

20190525_125557.jpg

• Like 7

I think im most impressed that it produces that power at just 1500 rpm. Imagine if you revved it out!!! ??? (I'll see myself out).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not much has been happening with her lately. We've made a new catch can as the old one was restricting it and pushing a bit of oil into it at roll racing. Was having to drain it before eliminations, now with the new one we went the whole night without draining it. Got home and there was about 150-200mL of fuel/oil which is a lot better than what it was considering it still has 2x1.2 feeds into the head. Next time we pull the motor down ill be blocking the center feed which will hopefully sort it out completely. 

Car has been going well at roll racing. We've found the limit of the tyres at around 28psi boost. Timed with the dragy have been running a 4.1 100-200km/h time out there which is still half a second off the quickest RWD car out there. Getting out of the hole is the hardest part being restricted to only being able to go 40-50% throttle until hi gear to avoid wheel spin. Now looking into going 3.7 diff gears which should allow us to get off the mark a bit better. Hopefully try and get that done before next roll racing. Also new tyres are needed and I also want to get some coilovers for the front to raise it up as she is sitting very low with the new setup. Raising it should help transfer the weight onto the rear wheels a bit better.

We will probably end up going to a 275/60 MT which will open up a whole other can of worms. Will have to do a bit of modding back there to get the 28" tyre to fit as it will be very snug. In the meantime I'm going to get some smaller spacers and pull a tad bit more camber out in the back to try and get that little bit extra contact on the tyre. 

20190616_124624.jpg

FB_IMG_1560639944612.jpg

FB_IMG_1560640114300.jpg

FB_IMG_1560640101936.jpg

• Like 7