SAU Community

GOT SUM's RB34

Not much happening lately. Sold my turbo and bought a 7685. Found out that my old turbo was actually a 7175 not a 7675 like I thought. It did well considering it is only rated to 985hp O.O Bit worried about the the new turbo being a fair bit bigger now and also going from a 1.12 to a 1.28 rear housing. Hopefully the 3.4 with my converter still gets it onto boost ok. But it will definitely rid the motor of any restrictions now. Will chuck it on the dyno and see what she makes and most likely have to drive around on low boost to have any chance of hooking up ? Definitely need to sort out some suspension, diff gears and some 275s...

20190829_212713.jpg

20190829_214928.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Not much happening lately just been chilling. Got my motor back few weeks ago with a couple upgrades on it. As you can see in the 3rd pic blocks now grouted for street use. Should strengthen her up a bit for when we try push close to 1200hp out of it. Just a bitta safety and peace of mind. Put in a -12 block breather to relieve crank case pressure to help let the oil drain down quicker and also stop my dipstick from being ziptied in ? 

I finally got it on the stand and started chipping away at everything I could do on it before head goes on. Just need to get some sealant and couple gaskets and the bottom end will be ready to go again.

Also borrowed some 275s off a mate and sorta managed to squeeze them in. They are very tight and I'm not sure if they'll clear once the tyre gets some heat into it. Along with some cheap adjustable coilovers I got so I can play around with ride heights with hopes to get it to distribute weight a bit better and get some more bite on the tyres.

20191014_140032.jpg

20191014_144839.jpg

20191014_150034.jpg

20190914_153258.jpg

20190914_153307.jpg

20190914_153311.jpg

20190914_180301.jpg

20190914_180305.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got a headgasket for the beast... Slapped it on on friday night. Then yesterday and today started bolting more stuff onto her to go back in. Finally got it all on today, pulled gearbox out and dropped the motor into position and got most of the wiring hooked up. 

Looks same same but different ? Need to get a few fittings for the new block breather and weld a bung onto the catch can for it. Need to make a catch can drain line so we can drain it easily when we're racing (hopefully blowby will be sorted now). 

Also need to weld on a new elbow on the turbo to match up to the cooler piping.

Ill be chipping away at it this week. I think ill get the box back in first then get everything else sorted after. 

20191108_183247.jpg

20191108_195411.jpg

20191109_151630.jpg

20191109_185929.jpg

20191110_122558.jpg

20191110_140304.jpg

• Like 4

The beast will be ready to rumble this week (fingers crossed). Tried cranking for oil pressure yesterday but no go like last time. Had to start her up and got oil pressure straight away. Had a trigger error so ran a bit strange. Went over it today and I forgot to plug an earth in so no more trigger errors ? 

Found a leaking coolant adapter as well so need to replace that then good to go. 

Need to weld up new elbow off turbo and block breather fitting then chuck it on the dyno :D

Also picking up a 3.69 diff to swap gears into my housing which will sit me on nice highway rpm and should help spinning as well.

On 11/20/2019 at 7:55 AM, mlr said:

LOL, fastest "street" R33 with a sunroof?

Sorry..

Fastest and quickest red street rb34 r33 gtst with sunroof on a 255 radial. 

Should be able to hold record comfortably 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I own the fastest street turbocharged 2017 limited edition Toyota 86 with Enkei RPF-1, RS3's, Arc exhaust, K&N air filter,  tinted windows, cheapo SAAS boost gauge and a mad scratch on the lower right side of the front bar.

The competition is pretty tight in this class though, drug money budgets.

I'm talking Ford vs Ferrari budgets, well, the budget that Ford used for fire suppression anyway.....

• Haha 1

So she's just about all done now. Had her on the dyno yesterday to run it in. Had a couple issues that we sorted out as well. Surge tank setup was melting one of the fuses. Got some info from AI and rewired how they said. Moved back to 30A fuses and haven't had any problems so far. We also had a trigger issue at around 5500rpm. Pulled cam trigger off and reset the airgap to 1.5mm and seemed to fix the issue which was good. First pull after the error he eased into the throttle and managed to punch out 780whp at 6500rpm.

With the bigger turbo and bigger rear housing the boost has gone up to 30psi on the gate now which is not ideal but oh well. Need to make it hook up now and it should be pretty quick. 

20191129_151840.jpg

20191130_165948.jpg

received_441816470082733.jpeg

FB_IMG_1575165236487.jpg

FB_IMG_1575165234428.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not a whole lot going on lately. I got my diff rebuilt with 3.69 gears. Has brought my rpm at 100km/h down to 3000rpm. She's hooking a lot harder now as well with the suspension and diff ratio change. Had 37psi in her from 6250rpm at rolls. 

I also changed up my surge tank wiring and put in relays with inline fuse holders. The old relay/fuse combo would get very hot and I think it was creating more resistance in the circuit causing the fuse to blow. Went out to rolls and seems to be all working fine now.

Having problems with the catch can now she's spewin a bit of oil out into the current can. Plan is to relocate the factory fuse box and make a bigger can to fill that area. Will also integrate a washer bottle into it as well. I am also going to get a bigger sump made up by ASR. I think with the power of the car and g forces we definitely need to go to a better baffling/trap door setup along with their custom pickup. 

I will be setting up the sump for the current -10 head drain and also will be adding a -12 fitting for a sump breather to also run to the catch can. That will total 2x -12 from block/sump for crankcase pressure ventilation and then 2x -12 from the cam covers. Hoping that should stop or atleast help my oil escaping and also relieving the drains in the head to flow more efficiently. 

Heres a few pics and couple vids from last rolls. 

FB_IMG_1580016137892.jpg

FB_IMG_1580016270109.jpg

FB_IMG_1580016490632.jpg

FB_IMG_1580016617266.jpg

FB_IMG_1580016643396.jpg

FB_IMG_1580016656454.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So the ASR sump is probably a week or 2 away now. Slightly changed the fitting setup. Am now going 2x -12s on intake side to catch can and then I'll be running the head drain back to the exhaust side. This should be able to release all the crank case pressure now and hopefully stop filling the can. 

I pulled my box out last week gotta take it to my builder and get him to fix the leak on it. Finally wired up my speed sensor from the diff. Unfortately we can't make the stock cluster work with it so I'll have to wait until I get a digital dash to have a working speedo but atleast we can setup boost/speed now. Decided to finally wire up my reverse lights onto the transbrake too, will give me some light now when I'm reversing and let people know I am. Also removed my fuse box and coolant overflow bottle and measured up for the new catch can. Couple little changes to do then ill get it cut and bent up. 

I also got defected last monday when I was going to take the car down to the shop.... Got done for exhaust tyres and no mod plates. I got the car mod plated now, just need to put my 18s on when im driving around. Might have to put mickeys in the back of the car when I go racing. Don't really have a lot of options exhaust wise. I wanted to put a varex in previously because its loud on the highway and when im cruising around and getting home late at night. The cop tested my exhaust, was 95dB at idle and 112dB at 4800rpm. 

Im also going to see if they get plumb both screamers into the dump but make them removable like my old setup was. 

Car should hopefully be all finish in the next few weeks and then we'll get her on the hub and ready to send down the strip in winter ?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

ASR sump turned up on Friday. Pulled motor out saturday and got it on. Really nice piece of kit. Changed head drain to turbo side. Waiting on catch can to be finished so we can make up lines to the sump. 

We ran into a little problem with clearance with the sway bar. We will have to space the sway bar down maybe 15-20mm so we can still retain it. 

received_1079288045782891.jpeg

20200314_191725.jpg

Edited by klutched
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been back in brissy with this whole corona thing going on atm so thought it's a good time to get some stuff done on the car. 

Got all the stuff for the catch can and cut it all to suit. Still have a little bit of trimming to do on some corners and things to get it perfect but so far so good. I have marked up where the holes are going for the weld ons. Just need to cut them out now and we'll probably weld them from the inside keep it looking a bit cleaner. Will have to go get a few fittings and stuff to make up the new lines for breathers.

Also got cracking on my fuse box relocation. Getting there just 2 more relays to wire up from the factory harness which is horn and foglights. Then just wire up transbrake and auto cooler fan. 

Still waiting on box to come back hopefully ready this week coming.

20200327_094625.jpg

20200327_161352.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Looney_Head said:

awesome build, are you still running the R33 rear end? or did you change?

what was your best 60ft with the R33 axles?

Thanks mate. Yeah still on factory rear end. Have got a Nismo 1.5 way in there with 3.69 gears now. Havent done a hit with the new setup but previous setup I did a 1.642. I'm sure with the new setup I'll definitely break one at the strip. But for street stuff its been fine so far. 

Got the catch can welded up today. Fits in there nicely ? Tomorrow I've gotta make up some brackets to hold it in place and pick up some fittings and also a weld on drain and get her finished up. Should look pretty hectic with 5 lines coming to it ? I'll get it powdercoated once its all done as well to match the plenum and turbo.

Also got new stickers yesterday so wacked one on to see how she looks. Came up alright. If I get some time tomorrow we'll slap the other side on too. 

Box should be finished later this week, hopefully have some time over the weekend and we'll get her back in and running.

20200331_185758.jpg

received_2559420824269989.jpeg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, klutched said:

Thanks mate. Yeah still on factory rear end. Have got a Nismo 1.5 way in there with 3.69 gears now. Havent done a hit with the new setup but previous setup I did a 1.642. I'm sure with the new setup I'll definitely break one at the strip. But for street stuff its been fine so far. 

?

what was your shock and tyre setup when you did that? i want to get an 11 out of mine with out having to pick up bits of axle lol