SAU Community

GOT SUM's RB34

2 hours ago, Looney_Head said:

?

what was your shock and tyre setup when you did that? i want to get an 11 out of mine with out having to pick up bits of axle lol

You'll run 11s easy out of it. I ran pedders coilovers and had 17" rs3s on. Ran 11.7 like that while still manual. Went to mickeys on the rear and ran an 11.6. Went to glide setup and went 11.2, got the converter tweaked and 10.8. That was on 450whp, 500whp with manual and then when I went glide it made 440whp.

• Like 1

Finally got my catch can all finished today and made up all the lines I needed. Come up pretty good. Also 98% finished my fuse box relocation as well. Just need to join a couple wires and run power to the fuse box, tidy it up a bit and test it all. Going to make a cover for it as well if i can fit it just to keep rocks and stuff from flicking up and damaging anything. 

Thinking I might make up a custom coolant overflow tank and also a washer bottle for max street cred ? I'll get some measurements on monday and get it all cut up and folded ?

20200404_120651.jpg

20200404_135456.jpg

20200403_175241.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

She's alive again! Still gotta do new wiring for gearbox but waiting for a few bits and pieces. 

Ive ordered a guard roller and picked up a heat gun so I can flare the guards a bit to fit 275s under the ass end. 

Also got a new DA and some cut and polish to give her a good clean up. Few scratches and swirl marks to get out of her. Should keep me going for a bit while we can't drive anywhere...

20200414_124146.jpg

• Like 6

We did another run on the dyno the next morning no changes to the tune and went 908rwhp. Put a couple degrees timing in and went 912rwhp on 33psi. 

Friday I got my new varex muffler on. Really surprised how quiet it is closed up its weird ? decided to get it turned down so you can't really see the valve easily. Thinking about painting the inside black so it hides it more. Need to get it pushed back to the bumper a little bit as it sits under the car too far. 

20200418_130813.jpg

• Like 1

Just been plotting along doing some small stuff lately. Noticed I had about 100mm of the interfooler blocked from airflow. Decided to trim the bar and reo out to help with some free extra cooling. Whole intercooler should now receive better airflow. 

Also had my guard roller turn up. So I got to work lipping my guards to fit 275s under her. Never done it before the first side came out a bit average ill have to get the paint on the seam fixed and a couple little dents came through from something being stuck behind the lip. The passenger side came out mint, I cleaned behind the lip first and theres no dents or cracked paint. 

I had my dash out to try and get my speedo working. While I was there I replaced the stock cig lighter with a usb charger I had laying around. Fit in there perfect without any modification! 

I'm now running a diff speed sensor on the nose of the new housing. Tried to wire it straight to the dash but it's not the correct signal. So today I'll connect it back up to the ECU and try and send it to the dash from there so I can have a working speedo again.

20200421_180224.jpg

20200421_154657.jpg

20200418_131033.jpg

20200419_144931.jpg

received_2762143323895057.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

New Aim MXP Strada dash arrived last week. Can't wait to get it put in and running. Will be able to have speedo on there now and also bonus of deleting my current boost gauge and trans temp gauge. I ordered a Mako dash surround as well, so just waiting for that to turn up before I can put it in. Should make the interior a lot cleaner and also have all the extra things I need to see infront of me :)

20200516_092154.jpg

Screenshot_20200503-083311_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Cluster mount finally rocked up today! Wasted no time getting it in for a test fit up. Looks awesome! Put power to the dash but still have to hook up can and the rest of the inputs. 

I have set up a lot of the alarms, lights, pages and things so once it's all wired up should just assign what readings I want where from the ECU.

20200604_134225.jpg

20200605_140019.jpg

• Like 1

Got the dash wired up and went for a small cruise on friday night. Dash is awesome! Can see all the data now. Got the speed sensor working yesterday, just need to calibrate it now. Then the last one is fuel level, need to pull the sender out and measure resistances for full and empty. Also worked out we need an oil cooler. Will chuck a filter relocation in with it as well. 

Plan is to move the auto cooler to the passenger side and shoehorn the engine oil cooler on the drivers side somehow

Screenshot_20200613-191043_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200613-191010_Instagram.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered all the stuff i needed for oil cooler setup earlier this week. Setrab oil cooler like @Dose Pipe Sutututu the baller. Tarks oil filter block and an Aeroflow billet filter mount. Got cracking on it today and got the cooler half mounted, filter relo on and tarks block on. Tomorrow I'll finish the lines off and make the second bracket for the cooler. Also trimmed the bumper out to get a bit more airflow onto the cooler.

Shes a snugggg fit in there with only mm's to spare. Auto cooler is currently half behind it for now but I'll eventually get a new cooler and relocate it over to the passenger side. 

Going out for a cruise on Sat night so will be a good test to see how the cooler goes. If its still a bit warm we'll get a fan on behind her.

20200625_162104.jpg

20200624_162716.jpg

20200625_195216.jpg

20200625_195454.jpg

• Like 1

On 14/06/2020 at 5:36 PM, klutched said:

Got the dash wired up and went for a small cruise on friday night. Dash is awesome!

Hey! Who did the wiring for your dash? Did you do it all yourself or did you get someone?

got a dash for my car, but I’m not the best with car electrical work so trying to find a suitable person who can get this done :)

damn just realised your in queensland! Any hints or tips would be awesome!

Edited by Tobz

26 minutes ago, Tobz said:

Hey! Who did the wiring for your dash? Did you do it all yourself or did you get someone?

got a dash for my car, but I’m not the best with car electrical work so trying to find a suitable person who can get this done :)

damn just realised your in queensland! Any hints or tips would be awesome!

Yeah mate I wired it up myself. I'm a sparky so not so difficult for me haha. Just use a multimeter for any inputs to dash.

• Like 1

Finished off the cooler/relo Friday. Took it out for a cruise Saturday night on the same route we did a couple weeks ago. Max temp got to 92⁰ which is about 20⁰ cooler than without the cooler. Got onto the highway and temp was sitting between 80-85⁰ with a few hits in a row. Super happy with that. Next will be to upgrade the auto cooler and move it to the passenger side similar to how Ive done engine oil cooler and I'll probably chuck a fan on each through the ecu to trigger at certain temps. 

Gave her a quick wash and wiped down the engine bay before the cruise on Saturday. Was a bit chilly 10-12⁰ she still struggles for traction have to really roll it on until I've got some wheel speed. Hoping when I get 275s on and lower the rear a bit more she'll hook up a lot better on the street. Still need to put my subframe collars in aswell.

Getting a lot closer to sending her down the 1/4 now. When I do the new auto cooler I'll throw in a couple pressure sensors and a temp sensor and wire it to the ecu so we can play around with the dump valve and also setting up 2step.

In other news been working on a wiring loom for a customer, Link G4+ Fury for an rb25det in an s13. Turned out pretty nice. Full tefzel with raychem shrink. Makes me want to redo my loom so bad. Couple pics below. Forgot to take photos of the finished loom :(

20200626_171800.jpg

20200626_125015.jpg

20200626_124728.jpg

20200626_124917.jpg

20200626_124707.jpg

20200627_135804.jpg

20200627_143832.jpg

20200627_143842.jpg

20200612_152011.jpg

20200612_152025.jpg

20200619_114801.jpg

20200619_150728.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, robbo_rb180 said:

Nice work on the loom, how much more effort is it doing it in raychem shrink?

Its definitely a little more effort preparing the wiring. If youre not concentric twisting I like to make sure the wirings nice and not all twisted up together because you'll see lumps a lot more. Sometimes you cant help it especially if youre doing a lot of splices in one area. But yeah like @iruvyouskyrine said I definitely prefer it over braid. You end up with a lot nicer loom that's sealed and protected from chemicals/heat a lot better. It is more expensive but when youre doing a full wiring loom it doesnt work out a lot cheaper to do it in braid.

• Like 1