SAU Community

GOT SUM's RB34

Yeah I want to drive it around on 98 and then throw e85 in a couple weeks before a track day. 

So next things on the list are: 
Install my HICAS eliminator kit
New tyres w/ wheel alignment
Splitfires w/ retune on 25psi
Catch Can
Big Rotor upgrade w/ new pads

What pads do everyone recommend for a 90% street driven car? 

Couple vids on the dyno

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Threw some 255/40R17 Federal 595 RS-RRs on today. Hopefully that'll fix my 2nd gear traction issue. Heading down to QR on Sunday for the Torque Time Circuit and Breakky. Fingers crossed I'll chop a few more people than I did last time :P

Finished night shift now so next week I might shoot down to a Test and Tune down at Willowbank and see what numbers she'll put down :D Expecting to run a 12 if I can drive the thing properly :P

• 3 weeks later...

Went down to Willowbank for test and tune last Friday for her first run with the new setup! Pretty happy with how it went, especially for the first time. End up running a 12.466 for my best time. That was with no adjustment to coilovers or anything. Heading back down tonight to play with coilovers and tyre pressures so see how we go! Will be hunting for that 11 second pass if I can get it off the line :D

Slips for last Friday.

IMG_20161012_43258_zpsjnzp8huu.jpg

• Like 1

Haven't even looked into lsd's haha! Whats the benefit over stock lsd?

Well took her back down the track tonight.. Was a successful night, tyres down and suspension softened in the rear and stiffened in the front, which got me down to a 12.1 with a shit launch still with 2.1 60ft.... 

Super stoked, I can see 11s in the near future if I can work out how to launch the thing!

IMG_20161012_59656_zpszhfroigi.jpg

Good stuff mate. Nice MPH. Whats going on with the launch, wheel spin city or bog? I reckon if you throw some proper drag tyres on that thing, et streets or similar and get a perfect launch, you may even crack a high 10.

Torque is split 50/50 across the wheels where as a VLSD at best is doing 30/70 thus you're frying one wheel more than the other. 

I barely can spin 2nd on my car with a fair bit of power where as dudes with less power are frying 3rds on the stock VLSD.

Still have to do those screen grabs for you off Nistune, haven't forgotten just super busy when I get home :(

I'll upload some vids soon. I either wheel spin or bog it haha... Yeah that's the plan but I wanna run 11s first with my current setup. Can anyone tell me if 15s fit on the back?

Oh sweet, are they crazy in the wet? I'm dailying it atm and don't wanna die... Will have to look into a 1.5 way I think.

Got a new muffler put on last week. The cannon on it was waaay too loud, so put this big sucker in and quietened it down heaps.. Maybe a little too much but it's good. 

IMG_20161017_3673_zpsmx7h8kcd.jpg

Aftermarket lsd helps alot with traction
With the standard diff in my r33
i use to fry 2nd gear around corners
Now struggles in 1st but fairly standard now
After i put in a ats carbon 2way lsd
Only abit clunky when going slow around corners like parking or roundabouts but as soon as you accelerate goes
Need more power

Thats a good time 12.1 @ 122mph for a heavy car
My old 180sx with 266kw best i could run was a 12.4 @ 124mph but still stock diff
Even ran et streets but i cant launch
On the road gripped up awesome with the et street was like a awd when i changed gear just alil chirp
But lauching at the track was a different story

• 1 month later...

Not a lot has happened lately, just been driving it on the weekends now i've fixed my 4wd. She's due for a service now, so I'll get around to that next week now I'm on holidays :D 

Went down today and ordered in some Hankook RS3s in 235 front and 255 rear. Hopefully they'll give me a bit more traction than my federals. Next step is an LSD I think.

Put a deposit down on my plates yesterday!! Thought it was pretty cool (my last name is Sum).

15578805_10210184352718611_9076793532315

• Like 1

Got the RS3s thrown on today. Keen to see how they perform compared to my old Federal RS-RRs.

Also ordered braided lines and Intima SR pads from Dose Pipe :cool: To top it off ordered HFM 324mm and 337mm Front and rear big brake kits:banana:

• Like 1

Got the brakes all done on Christmas Eve. Braking is way better and no more warped rotors causing shakes at highspeed braking... Pedal feel feels a bit soft at the start though. This is how she sitting atm, looks sweet with the brakes filling the wheels :) 

IMG_20161227_25185_zps0vyyf5fl.jpg

Went down to the Gold Coast on Boxing day to have a look at a couple of r33's for my mate. Nothing decent around atm in his price range. But I picked up a few new parts while we were down there :) Picked up a new fog light cover, need to get it painted this week and throw it on. Better condition steering wheel, Nismo 300km dash, and some stock tail lights. Not sure if I wanna put the stock tail lights back in yet or not though. 

IMG_20161227_152149_715_zps081pqeky.jpg