SAU Community

GOT SUM's RB34

21 hours ago, colourclassic said:

That is absolute robbery. :O

I paid $550 for mine in VIC and thought that was steep for something which does nothing. No yearly subscription like in NSW either..

$220 per year for mine, [ IDDQD ]  i guess its cheap if your keeping it for over 10 years

$550 is noice though

Got off my ass today after work and decided to throw the new rad in. Little bit of fkin around but not too bad. Was mainly because I couldn't see much once the sun went down..... Keen to see how this goes. Will be changing the radiator cap to a Tridon 1.1 bar some time shortly as well.

20170302_180143_zps778oz9tz.jpg

More shiny stuff in bay :D

20170302_192147_zps6lc0vzqk.jpg

Car was running weird af after my radiator change, so just decided to rewire my fuel pump to see if that was a cause. Did that today and she seems to be running sweet! Still hunts on idle every now and then which sucks ....

IMG_20170304_2910_zpsmrxovuok.jpg

Started running like shit again on saturday night, sputtering and carrying on. Checked it all yesterday and found my battery was only getting 12.8v @2k rpm. Threw a new alternator in and good to go, 14.1v at idle. Took her for a drive, drives mint again. 

All my stuff from Jesse streeter has been ordered now, cams aren't in stock again till later this month so will be waiting a little on those. But my stubs and headgasket are getting sent off shortly :)

Thanks man. I've got a hicas eliminator kit here ready to go. Plan to put it in when i do subframe bushes and diff so I don't have too much down time. It has a hicas lock bar in atm but the joints are flogged out a tad. 

4 hours ago, vxsr33 said:

Should be sweet when its all in. Im planning on getting an eliminator kit, just heard the balljoint is a pain to press out.

Which eliminator kit did you get?

Thread hijack, I bought one of the eBay ball joint presses like Johnny used on his post here http://www.trak-life.com/diy-hicas-delete-hicas-eliminator-kit/
Chucked my AEG battery impact on the back of it after cutting the faces of the ball joints flat and out they came. Total of 20 mins a side including cutting - Had more issues with my camber arms than the elimination kit. If you need more details send me a PM and I can help. 

• Like 2

Thread hijack, I bought one of the eBay ball joint presses like Johnny used on his post here http://www.trak-life.com/diy-hicas-delete-hicas-eliminator-kit/
Chucked my AEG battery impact on the back of it after cutting the faces of the ball joints flat and out they came. Total of 20 mins a side including cutting - Had more issues with my camber arms than the elimination kit. If you need more details send me a PM and I can help. 

Cheers for that man, very helpful. Im gonna order the ball joint press and hicas eliminator kit soon.

Drags didn't go so well, was ford and holden night so packed. Only got 3 runs in so didn't really get to figure out whats good and whats not with the launch control. End up running 12.5, 12.7, 12.7, far from my PB 12.1. Can't hook up off the line, needa get that diff and subframe bushes in asap! 

Picked up these bride reps today for a reasonable price. Gave them a quick clean and threw em in. Almost full racecar spec now :P

IMG_20170309_53482_zpsdxhiqhjj.jpg

IMG_20170309_5278_zps3ahcv928.jpg

HG and stubs have been shipped from Jesse, should be here next week sometime :D Also ordered a ball joint press kit off ebay to do my hicas eliminator kit (thanks for the tips kingtube), expecting that next week as well. Will replace my front tie rods as well and get a wheel alignment. Anyone have any alignment recommendations for a street car?

• Like 1

I decided that I only want to pull the rear end apart once, so may as well do it properly. Bought Whiteline subframe bushes, Superpro front and rear diff bushes and traction rods as well as my hicas eliminator kit that will all go in at the same time as the diff. 
Ordered valve springs from Goleby's as they had them instock and not to mention $50 cheaper! Should be here this week along with my traction rods. Cams arrived at Jesse Streeter yesterday so they will be sent out today/tomorrow with arrival next week sometime. All coming together now :D

IMG_20170322_59298_zpse6jojs65.jpg

Edited by klutched

Forgot to add these vids from Roll Racing the other night. Always have a ball out there. Mate rode out to watch so I told him to get a passenger pass and ill take him for a spin. Only got 3 watchable vids from the runs. Need to find my cam so I can start recording myself.