SAU Community

GOT SUM's RB34

On 2017-6-6 at 10:06 AM, admS15 said:

I reckon they should be able to take that for a while longer. There only a month or two old aren't they. Maybe start a new thread about it and see if others that have experienced similar can steer you in the right direction of the cause. Cheers.

Yeah well thats what I would have thought too haha... 

Anyway these came yesterday :D will fit them up these next couple of days and go down to get some camber taken out. Also ordered a turbo beanie which should be here today or tomorrow :)

IMG_20170607_19145_zpsr4txttji.jpg

• Like 1

Got the new diff bushes in and it drives great now! Can't tell any difference in noise from them but it doesnt slap around anymore which means its quieter ?

IMG_20170609_0893_zpsloowj0ou.jpg

Heres the old bushes, same thing must have happened with the old ones but top ring must have come out. 

IMG_20170611_31602_zpscpi6urs5.jpg

Serviced her and threw the new beanie on for Roll Racing lastnight but was cancelled due to rain :( Found out that they wound my traction rods back in when I got an alignment so I'll get the rear realigned and get the traction rods pushed out 10mm and run -1* camber instead of -1.5*. Fingers crossed it'll get my power down after that and run some lower numbers down the quarter :)

IMG_20170611_35889_zps6okv4b7z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Took her in for a wheel alignment yesterday. Extended my traction rods 10mm and running -1* camber and 0mm toe each side. Hopefully hooks up a lot better now. Will find out tonight at Roll Racing how it goes with these Nankang ns2r's on the rear.

IMG_20170623_58752_zpsrywj6t9n.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So my Nankang NS2R's aren't the greatest from my experience so far. When cold they are terrible, definitely need a bit of heat in them to grip up (not good for a daily). They are the 180 treadwear version, I'd expect the 120 version to hook up a lot better. Not sure if its my new alignment setup or not but I went for a run and it's stepping out at 120-130km/h when i hit full boost in 3rd. Will throw the RS3's back on sometime and see if they do the same thing. 

On the other hand I bought a Link G4+ today that was for sale cheap so I jumped on it. After driving my mates recently tuned 33 with a Link I have to upgrade from the Nistune. Now I just have to wait until I get back from NZ in September to pull the head off and get it machined and slap all the good bits in with it and retune on the Link! Super keen to see how much better it runs with the link along with the cams and more boost! 

IMG_20170702_25626_zpsgjofh4hb.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Ok so f**k you photobucket... 

Havent updated cause to lazy to find another photo host... 

Bought a cooler panel from GKtech, extra 50kw and looks good 8)

And then this happened....

http://imgur.com/8x8UQS8[/img]

http://imgur.com/MZyOhS4[/img]

http://imgur.com/irF9BLn[/img]

Dropped her off at the machinist to get cleaned up and checked ready to drop back on when I get back from NZ tonight, so will pick up the head tomorrow and start throwing her back together this week and drop her down to get the Link G4+ installed and tuned on the 4th :)

Also ordered a genuine timing kit and a Gates waterpump to install while im in there. Will be a few bits and pieces ill be putting in as well. 

Super keen to see how she goes with cams and more boost. Will be punching my cat out as well to assist in reducing backpressure/adding gains!

Edited by klutched
  • Like 1

Got my head back today, really happy with how it came up! New springs, stem seals and a little bit of a tickle to clean up castings.

Managed to get it on today, got tomorrow off as well so hopefully get the manifolds on. Just waiting on my lifters to be bled and then I can throw them in with the cams. 

Should be running by saturday if theres no problems.. 

20170831_131454.jpg

20170831_151832.jpg

20170831_163326.jpg

20170831_174135.jpg

Got her back today! Super stoaked with the results. Was exactly 1yr since my last tune same dyno etc.

E85/20psi left 98/18psi right. 

Needs a crank trigger as timing is wandering all over the joint.

Car pulls super strong and smooth with the new ecu controlling the boost.

20170905_221032.jpg

Edited by klutched
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So looks like I'll be going for the Ross Balancer with crank trigger kit, hopefully get that in the next couple of weeks then throw her back on the dyno for a touch up. 

Tuner could only get 70% eth content on the tune, plugged laptop in and with full tank she was up around the 80% mark so hopefully be able to screw a little bit more into it. I'd say the turbo would almost be at its limit and don't wanna go too crazy with it since its stock bottom end still. Think this will be the final step for this motor/setup.

Ordered a AT Performance catch can a couple weeks ago, they said it's all been CNC cut and just needs to be formed and welded. So should be here next week :) Will look so much better than the hose between the two covers and a filter on top and will actually have somewhere to put the blowby. Will be running it to atmosphere so blocking the PCV with a welch plug on the rocker cover.

Screenshot_20170831-094513.png

• 4 weeks later...

So my turbo blew up at breakky and laps a few weeks ago. Not sure why but the bearings were rooted. It has now been rebuilt with ceramic ball bearings and dosing again 8)

Catch can turned up, looks amazing, cant wait to fit it up! Only problem is how my gate sits I can't get the bracket down next to it where it's meant to bolt to the body. So ill have to refab the bracket to pick up another bolt hole somewhere else, im thinking strut tower at this stage will be easiest.

Ordered an NZ Wiring cam trigger kit that wad recommended to me by a lot of people. That gets sent off this week so hopefully have it in the next 2 weeks. 

Been tossing up whether or not to sell my turbo or not, would only be upgrading to a gtx3076r as that will make enough for the stock bottom rb25. If i can find one at a reasonable price I might swap mine out and get it retuned when i put the cam trigger in as well.

20171010_194913.jpg

20170928_185938.jpg

20170928_190135.jpg

Screenshot_20170921-151946.png

• 3 weeks later...

So went out to Circuit & Coffee on Sunday for a spin, then up to Mt Tamborine for a pub feed. Got to my mates place and found out the cv had destroyed itself. Bolts had come out on the drive, lucky it didn't happen on the highway or doing 200km/h+....

When i inspected the clunk I also found that both my rear rotors have cracks. Will be downgrading the big brake kit on the rear and getting some stock size DBA rotors. Will also allow me to run 16" rims with some mickeys when I get around to it... 

symATxp.jpg

td0e9HD.jpg

On the other hand my trigger kit turned up so I installed that yesterday. Nice easy install, just have to double check the clearance between the trigger wheel and sensor.

Can't wait to get my catch can all done to fk that hideous filter off... 

Jkct2W7.jpg

OK2hmmo.jpg

Hopefully pick up a new cv this week and slap it in with some nyloc nuts so it doesn't happen again.... 

• Like 1

So it was a mission to get the CV out... I couldn't do it even with a big f**k off hammer so I pulled the whole assembly off and dropped it down to see if we can press it out.... Biggest f**k around, thought it would be a quick job but no. Fk you rust... 

ZuM16kv.jpg

DBA rotors also turned up yesterday thanks to Dose pipe! 

NhJzqoh.jpg

If all goes well should be going by Sunday.... Fingers crossed...

• Like 1

So got it all back together with new rotors on. Since I 'downgraded' my rear brake setup I thought might as well make use of it and run 16s with some Mickey Thompsons. Picked up a pair of 32 GTR wheels today for a steal. Few scratches here and there but no complaining for the price. Will be wrapping them in some 255/50r16 et street s/s sometime this week if I get the time. Maybe go down to Willowbank and see how she goes with some traction off the line. Trigger is all setup and timed now. Car feels really smooth in high rpm now. See how we go getting it on the dyno early this week for a touch up.

aDif3VH.jpg

• Like 1

Gave her a quick clean on Tuesday because a car meet. Needs a good detail to get rid of the swirlies on her.

9xbNoqE.jpg

And I finally got my catch can done tonight! So tomorrow I'll be off to MSA to get some fittings and braided hose to hook it all up :D Might even get some smaller hose to relocate my boost solenoid somewhere a bit better now my can's in. Also take her down for a much needed wheel alignment...

Qrrsoog.jpg

Picked up the fittings and hose for the catch can today and fitted it all up. Not really happy with how the drivers one runs under my piping but it will do for now.

LvbMe4i.jpg

Couple of shots from a car meet the other night.

kmW55tD.jpg

m3XKkoV.jpg

• Like 3