SAU Community

GOT SUM's RB34

So we threw her back on the dyno yesterday to touch thr tune up with the trigger kit. Tuner said cam trigger is about 95% as good as a crank trigger. Did a power run and made 490whp, added 1* up top and made 499.3whp, then added another 1* and went the 500.9whp 8) He didn't want to up the boost as the turbos falling over up top.

O9Mnzi6.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So did a little bit of maintenance/fix ups on her today. Car was dropping idle when I press brakes, diagnosed as brake booster. Changed that over yesterday and still doing it just not as bad. So started pulling shit apart and checking hoses etc. Did PCV delete with 18mm welch plug into rocker cover and 10mm cap on the plenum. Also deleted my coolant bleeder as it was just touching my crossover pipe, so now it can sit lower and won't touch the bonnet :D Also pulled off my IAC and gave it a good cleanup to see if that addresses the idle issue. 

QhRrNVM.jpg

c853ioL.jpg

Also test fit up my 32 GTR wheels too see what they look like... Should look heaps better once the bigger Mickey's are on. 

wtgi3XQ.jpg

Measured my ride height as well, FR 330mm, FL 330mm, RR 325mm, RL 325mm. Gonna raise to recommended 350mm front, 340mm rear. Probs won't look as good but see how we go. Traction is a big issue even with 265, not that they're a special tyre but hopefully raising it will help me get more squat/traction. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So got the idle issue all sorted. Turned out to be a stuck VCT solenoid. All fixed and running sweet again! 

Got my mickeys put onto the GTR wheels, grip on the street is amazing. Holds 2nd gear no worries. Off to the track tonight to run a PB 8) Hopefully... Will be happy with a low 11 but wanting to try crack a 10 second pass.

Y0FQEeg.jpg

• Like 2

So went out last night. Turned out to be harley night, so was full of bikes.... Only got 5 runs in. Still getting used to launching with these tyres now they hook up a lot better. We focused on pressures and worked down from what i drove there on which was 28psi and ended up at 16. 18psi had the best 60ft with a 1.8 and 16psi had 1.9s. So a little bit of data for next time. Managed a pb of 11.6, not bad considering i was only getting 1.9 almost 2sec 60ft times. Still a few tenths to shave off it as I get used to it. 

4QQZtHc.jpg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

bastard, you have a sunroof

Hehe yep ?

11 hours ago, admS15 said:

Nice, looks like you chopped every commo there, lol.

Yeah, I swear it was a HSV club day or something ? so many of the f**kers there, all copping the chop... They love to jump as well as you can see from a few of the runs ?

• 4 weeks later...

So I threw stock suspension back in her yesterday, still have to do the front. It's a lot softer than my pedder coilovers, i can push the boot down atleast an inch without really trying. 

zyEZKS2.jpg

Sooo I've removed my gearbox as I've bought myself a built 2sp powerglide setup. Swapped over what I can so far, still gotta make up a couple plates to block the clutch slave cylinder and the trans tunnel off. B&M shifter should be here tomorrow so I'll be able to start looking at how to mount that.

Box arrives Thursday, so plan is to try and get it all sorted on the weekend and then take her down to my tuner for a touch up and to see how much power I've lost ? Going off other setups I should only hopefully lose about 20whp. Plan is to maybe throw something a bit bigger on it and wind it back up to 500whp because my turbos maxed out.

KKZzfM0.jpg

dNsmZWJ.jpg

So this bad boy will be here on Friday. All I need is bolts for the torque converter. Should be a pretty straight forward install. Hardest part will be shifter. Ill have to make up a nice ally plate to cover the gaping hole in the interior but shouldn't be too bad.

46n61wO.jpg

B&M shifter turned up yesterday so i started cutting her apart to get it to fit. This is the plate ill have to make up. Some 3mm ally plate painted black shouldnt look too bad. Obviously its going to be mounted on the underside of the hole.

Rc4C1HJ.jpg

cs6hRI9.jpg

• Like 1

My little red button turned up yesterday so got the shifter bracket/cover plate all made up. End up just using some 2mm mild steel i had kicking around. Lots of in and out measuring and marking things but this is how it looks. Gotta pull it back out clean it up and give it a couple coats of matte black. Should come up alright and not look out of place.

While im painting it ill drill a hole in the tunnel for the cable and transbrake wiring. Also run wires from the park/neutral switch to the starter wire so it wont start in gear.

Still waiting for the box to turn up so will be next week now. Should have everything ready to go by then and just be able to bolt the box in and get a touch up tune and a wheel alignment. Theres drags on wednesday but i think ill be pushing it a little bit to get it done by then.

Jl7gdTP.jpg

• Like 1

Box came today so went and picked it up :D I can't put it in yet as I need to get Flexplate bolts as the flywheel bolts are too long and also need converter bolts. 

C0Xrpkh.jpg

So I did a few other things to get it all ready for when I put the box in.

Made some brackets up to mount the trans cooler and also painted the tunnel cover and shifter bracket.

Hy17EPI.jpg

xfUmXtL.jpg

None of my mates powerglides have a speedo sensor in theirs which is sweet, I'll be able to wire it in and have a working speedo :D

iJgIDta.jpg

And wire up this bad boy for the holeshot action ;)

RmNpHwq.jpg

Little bit more progress yesterday. Finished painting the brackets and mounted the shifter and cooler. Both came up pretty good! I'm gonna see if I can trim the inner guard to fit back on with the cooler there to keep it stealthy.

Also did a little bit of wiring. Put a plug on the box for the speedo drive, ran a cable from my neutral/park switch to under my dash, (does anyone know which one is the starter motor trigger wire?) And had a look at wiring my trans cooler can, can't seem to find 12v ignition in the engine back though, so I'll have to run a wire through there to engine bay fuse box and put a relay and fuse in there to keep it neat.

I got 4/6 flexplate bolts so I'm going to go down to the boltshop after work and see if they have something to suit and hopefully I'll be able to get this box in finally... Still have to make a up couple more brackets for clutch master hole and also to mount the shifter cable onto the box.

0Q8E42Y.jpg

w4Mr2ZM.jpg

ATBtHNf.jpg

• Like 1

Little bit more progress this arvo! Got flex plate bolts and converter bolts sorted so I got the box in.... Until i realised the manual bolts are longer than the auto... So box is sitting there half way in, need to pick up some shorter bolts tomorrow and finish bolting her up. I'll aim to get it all bolted up, cooler lines on (I'm getting 90s instead of the 45s), and make up the clutch cover plate and my dip stick bracket. Then aim for wiring to be done Wednesday arvo. Little bit of dicking around but its doable. 

kEiqrSt.jpg

MZIIBuK.jpg

WRQ7oGG.jpg

ttS1hQg.jpg

So box is now in and converter bolted on. Ordered a shorter shifter cable as the one that comes with it is 8ft... Picked up the 90s for the cooler and plumbed all that up and made a bracket for the fluid checker. It's been primed now so will give it a couple coats of black today after work. Still have to make clutch hole cover....

Started wiring the fan and also transbrake. Decided to keep it nice and tidy and just mount them in the fuse box. They're 1/2 complete. Just have to run an ignition feed back to them (probably just run 1 and loop off it) and also a battery feed (loop off other relays) and then a return wire to power the transbrake. 

I need to throw the tailshaft in and see how it fits with the shifter cable. Only realised it was coming out ontop of it when I put it in. Few bolts on the gearbox cover/protector things and finish off the wiring and brackets.

i0fpbJM.jpg

n7dOg7v.jpg

GgItsCn.jpg

• Like 2

So my new cable and bracket came today. Fit it all up and put my tailshaft in only to find that it's 15-20mm too short... So I'll have to take it down to get a new front shaft made up, hopefully before next saturday for roll racing.

Fit up my dipstick bracket, came up alright. Should look better once everything else in the bay is back in.

Tomorrow I'm going to make the clutch master cover and finish up some wiring. 

0blGCT4.jpg

tOrlqDc.jpg

10gwSKw.jpg

clW4BVZ.jpg

Wired my transbrake and trans cooler fan in yesterday. Also wired in my park/neutral switch but is not working for some reason, so I'll have to have a look at that so I can start the bloody thing ? 

Not much left to go now! Also found out that abs and non abs tailshafts differ.... I'm getting my old rear half back tomorrow and putting it in and that should sort my tailshaft issue. 

Couple pics of the wiring, cleaned it up and made it look a bit nicer. Ran it with my flex sensor wiring and then hid it from there, can't even notice it. 

mFhN7Yg.jpg

2chzW2m.jpg

So what's left now is to sort out my starter wiring, put a new plug onto the loom for speed sensor, change tailshaft, adjust my shifter cable, make up the cover plate and install my booster/pedal.

• Like 2