SAU Community

GOT SUM's RB34

Last pieces to the puzzle :D Brothers car broke down last week so I have been dailying the skyline, so couldn't pull it apart. Hopefully this weekend I'll get some time and have a good crack at the rear end and then send her in for an alignment.

IMG_20170327_35534_zpskfs3xpbz.jpg

• Like 1

Finally some progress! Decided I wanted my diff in for Roll Racing this Saturday at Queensland Raceway, so I got cracking this arv and whipped her out with a little bit of swearing.... Off to the diff shop tomorrow arvo and then I'll get back under her and pull the subframe out and go to town changing the new bushes over!

IMG_20170328_697_zpsdjxw2x4y.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got this bad boy in last week ready for roll racing on saturday night.. She still skates a bit through second but still a big improvement, definitely need to get the rest of the rear end in and get an alignment.. Heading out to Circuit & Coffee in the morning so will see how she does there. 

IMG_20170407_10641_zps3hcumnm5.jpg

Depending if I have holidays or not over easter, I might pull the head off and get it reco'd and drop the new gear in and try track down a Link G4+ and get it Tuned! 

On 4/7/2017 at 4:35 PM, vxsr33 said:

Nice progress! I think im gonna follow the same path as you and eventually get a good LSD whilst doing the rear end bushes at the same time.

Hows does the nismo feel with day to day driving?

Yeah definitely worth it! 

It's good, only thing is in carparks it wants to shudder and hop but if you ride the clutch in and out its ok. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went down to the drags last night for a spin to see what difference the diff makes! The consistency is there now! Still a little bit of wheel spin and lots of axle tramp. So starting to put the rest of the rear end in today and get it aligned asap and I'll head back down and hopefully crack the 11s.. Still hit my PB last night with a 12.10

Will upload slips when my phone starts working....

Here's some from Circuit & Coffee the other week. 

17835181_247095055757838_205325302386313

17834285_247095609091116_689603835045329

• Like 2

Here's my drag slips from the other night! 

IMG_20170420_26655_zps2wxsoy52.jpg

Little bit of progress on the rear end! Got the subframe out sweet, shittest part was doing the handbrake lines... Will be fun putting my brakes back together...

IMG_20170421_2947_zpsyrle1roo.jpg

Had a closer look at it and the new poly bushes I put in have already shit themselves and one top completely missing.. Have another set ready to put in, hopefully they don't f**k out...

IMG_20170421_37118_zpsbawhokra.jpg

Hicas Eliminator was surprisingly not too bad, would have been a lot easier doing it on the car cause the subframe was moving around when I was pressing the old joints out.

IMG_20170421_47464_zpstyfmboyp.jpg

Decided I cbf with the bushes so pulled it apart and took my subframe down to fulcrum and let them deal with it :D Will have it back on Monday ready to shove back under the beast!

IMG_20170421_54956_zpsvliktbof.jpg

IMG_20170421_0960_zpsgwleyxvd.jpg

7 hours ago, admS15 said:

Your a set of Mickey Thomsons away from an easy 11 sec pass. Good progress, keep the updates coming.

Yeah I know hahah but I wanna try get there as is! Hopefully these bushes and wheel alignment will get me there. Then when I go more power go a set of mickeys or hoosiers and go for 10s :D

So Superpro were really good and sent me out new bushes! Hopefully these ones will be ok. Also bought a camber lockout kit for the rear, thought I may as well do everything while I'm in there. 

IMG_20170428_5121_zps5droqbke.jpg

Subframe all installed with new bushes and Hicas Eliminator Kit installed yesterday, also installed diff and put it all back together :D

IMG_20170428_56613_zpsju1oa6fa.jpg

Had these tie rod ends sitting here for ages and never got around to changing them.... Could say the old ones were a little bit worn out :P Goes in for a wheel alignment in the morning, super keen to see how she drives after it! 

IMG_20170428_0648_zpsrh2qm3u8.jpg

13 hours ago, klutched said:

So Superpro were really good and sent me out new bushes! Hopefully these ones will be ok. Also bought a camber lockout kit for the rear, thought I may as well do everything while I'm in there. 

IMG_20170428_5121_zps5droqbke.jpg

Subframe all installed with new bushes and Hicas Eliminator Kit installed yesterday, also installed diff and put it all back together :D

IMG_20170428_56613_zpsju1oa6fa.jpg

Had these tie rod ends sitting here for ages and never got around to changing them.... Could say the old ones were a little bit worn out :P Goes in for a wheel alignment in the morning, super keen to see how she drives after it! 

IMG_20170428_0648_zpsrh2qm3u8.jpg

I'm heaps envious of your subframe bushes. What ones did you decide to go with? 

On 29/04/2017 at 9:03 AM, kingtube69 said:

I'm heaps envious of your subframe bushes. What ones did you decide to go with? 

I went with whiteline ones as they were the cheapest I could find. Well known brand as well. 

I think the next upgrade in that department will be sway bars I think. But I wanna do my head first.

So wheel alignment is fantastic (thanks to dose pipe)! Hooks up well and corners a lot better. Took her out to the strip again last night to try crack 11s... Was maybe 10 cars running all night so had a good amount of runs. Was playing around with the suspension and tyre pressures but only to run 12.199-12.4. Then tried a little less throttle off launch and less clutch slip and cracked an 11.994! My mates time to beat was 11.920. Did another run and missed 3rd so canned it. Next run after that pulled an 11.926! So close to beating him.. Did another run and missed 3rd again. Last run of the night and managed to pull this out! 

IMG_20170503_12537_zpsa5nlusuz.jpg

Super happy with how it went. Still has more to go if i throw some drag radials on and get the launch down pat! Dunno if I wanna go drag radials now or do my head work!?!?! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, admS15 said:

Well done, congrats on the 11emoji106.png. I vote drag radials, see how quick it will go with current powers, then add cams and maybe a shot of nos emoji43.png

Cheers man! Yeah I think I'm leaning toward that. I needa find a second set of wheels first.. Thinking maybe a set of 33 GTR wheels with 245/45r17s or another set that will fit 275s on them. Dunno if I need 275 drag radials though... 

Congrats on getting into the 11s, I really really really struggle to get a good 60ft normally in the 2s which isn't that great. Do you have any recommendations to get the times down? 

4 hours ago, kingtube69 said:

Congrats on getting into the 11s, I really really really struggle to get a good 60ft normally in the 2s which isn't that great. Do you have any recommendations to get the times down? 

Mine was always in the 2s before Wednesday night! Then with new alignment and bushes did my first 1.9 and 1.8.

I actually was slipping the clutch too long and it was just hitting full boost and spinning the tyres. So I slip it quick to get off the line and then it kinda bogs and then off we go. I can only go about 3/4 throttle off the line otherwise it still axle tramps like a mofo. I will upload the video after work today. 

I ran my RS3's at 16psi aswell. I also did that on coilovers set almost fully soft.