SAU Community

The Sour Kraut And The Swede - A Euro Tale

DivHunter

On 4/22/2016 at 2:33 PM, tridentt150v said:

I always wondered who bought second hand euro's......I think you should try a Peugeot or Fiat next!!!

Actually, no, don't.........be cheaper to find a brick wall and start hitting your head against it :woot:

Alfa Romeo are known for their reliability, right?

I now have a MiTo, not joking.

I looked at an Abarth 500, Citroen DS3 DStyle, DS4 DSport and ended up going with the MiTo because it was the cheapest with similar Ks and they were all fun. Oddly the DS3 was the most toy like, stupid fun to drive. Trying to convince my brother to get a DSport version.

Also there appears to be at least one good used car dealer however I will reserve judgment until all our dealings are complete but so far he has

Agreed on a trade in for the Volvo sight unseen.
Stayed late on a weekend so I could test drive  a few of their cars with my wife while he and my dad entertained our 3yo.
Put respraying the bonnet in writing if stone chip touch-ups were not satisfactory.
Offered to move his Dr appointment so I could take delivery late in the day.
Was dissatisfied with how the bonnet came up but wanted me to have the MiTo for a couple of weeks to find any issues I might have so they can be resolved all at once.

• Like 1

MiTo is down at Mauceri Motors for a major service including timing belt etc.

The timing belt should have been changed almost 5 years ago (!) as it's a 120000KM or 4 years job.

Not that it hasn't been running fine so far but I'd rather get preventative maintenance.