SAU Community

Fue Pressure

Hi all I have a problem with my 2004 stagea that has the vq25dd engine in her. It has developed a fuel pressure problem giving the fault code P1332. My local garage who diagnosed the fault seems to think the problem is with the main high pressure pump and the nissan dealer seems to think these main pumps give hardly any problems. The car runs at low revs although very sluggish but when you put your foot down it just bogs down. Has anybody had anything similar happen.? I don't want the mechanic to replace the main pump if it could be the pump in the tank or another problem. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated

• 5 months later...

Hi, in the manual for Nissan is not the code p1332, p1232 has a code that indicates a problem with pressure regulator or the high pressure fuel pump, which is located behind the right-hand cylinder head. check fuel pressure regulator and check the values on the serviceability of the pressure. they both fail, especially the pump.  Fuel pressure should not be lower than 6 MPa. Can be certainly and pump in the fuel tank test, pressure should be about 3 bar