SAU Community

Qfm Brakepads. Still Having Problems With Dust And Squeel.

Wow 700C temp rating, higher than the A1RM. How do the SR go on the track?

My Intima SS's died on the hills, need some convincing to go back to Intima after that..

I have SRs. Great street pad. But I never use the brakes so I suppose I don't really test them!

• 2 weeks later...

Not bad, much better than A1RM on the track but still gave up after 3 hard laps. Project Mu I would do about 5 laps before shit got hairy lol

Recently just bought Type D Intima pads, I'll tell you how they go after 30th May.

How do the pads "give up" after track laps??

How do the pads "give up" after track laps??

Sorry wasn't too clear, so what I mean say after 5 or so laps, the pads become ineffective at stopping the car also known as brake fade. Once everything cools down again by either doing a cool down lap or waiting for the next session then the brakes will be back to normal again until you've given them a pounding and they "give up" after x laps.

Sorry wasn't too clear, so what I mean say after 5 or so laps, the pads become ineffective at stopping the car also known as brake fade. Once everything cools down again by either doing a cool down lap or waiting for the next session then the brakes will be back to normal again until you've given them a pounding and they "give up" after x laps.

Brake fade is not the pads, that will be your brake fluid not able to handle the temp.

Brake fade is not the pads, that will be your brake fluid not able to handle the temp.

Fluid boiling is not brake fade. That's when the pedal goes to the floor and your lunch ends up in your pants.. Fade is where the pads exceed their working temperature and stop having a decent coefficient of friction.

Ok but ive pushed a1rm pads for a few sets at track and fade problems rectified with good brake fluid and lines never had an issue since

I agree, my A1RM's were shot after 3 laps or so of Phillip Island in the Stagea, but that is an 1800kg wagon with R34 Brembo's and 350kw.

Great pad for spirited road driving though, mine don't make any noise, and I have never had an issue on the road.