SAU Community

Transferring Registration To Queensland

EliseViv

Hi peeps.

I've had my car (R32 GTST) many years so I bought it in a simpler age. Consequently it doesn't have the import tag on it. It's been registered in Tasmania, and had several RWC when I've let the rego lapse, but never been a problem. I mentioned the prospect of transferring rego to Queensland and have been informed that it will be an issue without the import Tag.

What's the experience of the group, and can I "affordably" get the Tag now. The car is essentially standard except for a few usual items, like air box etc.

The car is in Townsville.

Thanks

Brett

Your best bet will be to talk to TMR (Transport and Main Roads) and see what they say. I managed to register a 33 after it was stolen and recovered and had the import and compliance tag stolen.

G'Day Cadmoon,

Ill steel myself for the bureaucarcy and start the process :-)

Hopefully I can grandfather into Queensland Rego!

Thanks for the positive anecdote :-)

Brett

You will find it easy in Queensland , there are no laws , plenty of cars with no ADRs or any compliance whatsoever driving around .

G'Day Cadmoon,

Ill steel myself for the bureaucarcy and start the process :-)

Hopefully I can grandfather into Queensland Rego!

Thanks for the positive anecdote :-)

Brett

Your best bet is to get transferred onto someone senior, the lady who answered when I called had NFI what a compliance plate was or what I was even talking about.

You will find it easy in Queensland , there are no laws , plenty of cars with no ADRs or any compliance whatsoever driving around .

Not easy to register initially but once registered there are no further checks.

• Like 1