SAU Community

Crowd Sourcing For Solution To For Sale Section

Agree with a lot of the above, eg;

Mandatory tagging (or maybe a drop down list to select a category like the forum categories, eg Forced Induction/Naturally Aspirated/Suspension, braking, tyres etc).

I'm ok with traders in the other sections, but with a weekly limit on the number of new threads so it doesnt get too spammy. A few more admins to keep things clean and useful (eg no useless subjects like "stuff to sell"). Agree that price should be mandatory.

• 1 month later...

i'm wondering if we can get a sub forum for wheels, if i remember correctly we did have one at some point on the old forums.

this way we dont have to spend hours trolling through engine parts when one is only looking for wheels :)

does anyone have thoughts on this, discuss ? 

• 5 weeks later...

Its good for traders to respond to issues in general forums as they may have useful solutions for people. Their posts should be clearly labelled as traders. I don't think their posts need to be limited in number because if they just post unsolicited spam people will get annoyed and tell them where to go and moderators can suspend their ability to post.

• 1 month later...

Having WTB as a sub section of For Sale (moving it to a link above the FS section).

• This, but with a 'latest 5 posts' displayed in For Sale

I would like to see the above personally, although as a noob here, take my opinion with a grain on salt. :)

• 1 month later...

old post... is this still happening?

problem 1

rename them to 'buying' and 'selling' & make a new 1 as 'trade partners' put all the other ones as sub forums. Buying will be at the top as alphabetics, less to choose from = less people will be lazy.

Problem 2

i have nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

For Sale (Business Traders)   For Sale (Other Items)   For Sale (Private Whole cars only)   For Sale (Private Car Parts and Accessories)   Group BuysOk, so I have the bandwidth to look at this again. Very sorry for the delays.

What I have come up with is this;

Traders can opt to sponsor forums. That will allow them to answer questions in the forum as well as drawing attention to their own products. This would be heavily moderated at first to create rules and guidelines to ensure freedom of speech and no bad-mouthing other products from other traders (not that I expect this to happen, but it's good to have it in writing).

I think the sub forums of the classifieds section will be spread out. 

The 'For Sale' sub forum has more sub forums; 

• For Sale (Business Traders)  
  • For Sale (Other Items)  
  • For Sale (Private Whole cars only)  
  • For Sale (Private Car Parts and Accessories)  
  • Group Buys

Unfortunately, this means you cannot easily see the last post made in each one. Also, as it's all bunched up it's hard to distinguish between them.

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 5.10.35 pm.png

Breaking these up and displaying them as individual subforums (like the  premium traders) will draw more attention

We'd do something like;

• Classifieds
    • For Sale (cars)
    • For Sale (parts)
    • For Sale (other)
    • Premium Trader
    • Premium Trader
    • Premium Trader
    • Business Traders
    • Group Buys
    • Wanted To Buy

Thoughts?

Also, just a thought at the moment, but we could enable the Business Traders to post in the general For Sale section. We could give them their own prefix of 'Trader' to easily identify them.

Thoughts on this?

Thanks guys.

Trader prefix is a great idea, I don't think anyone minds them posting in the FS/WTB section.
As long as it's distinguishable and they can't spam shit.
Eg. One trader just dumps a massive number of posts for every item they are selling.

Another idea is giving them maybe a gold prefix for items that are on-sale but give them a set number of these per month or something.
Also have them agree they can only use it when the item is actually on-sale.

I think also having the Wanted To Buy down the bottom of that list won't fix your issue.
People are going to see the first few options, maybe see the traders but then won't make it all the way to the bottom to see the "wanted to buy" 

• 1 month later...

I think the wanted to buy section needs to go to the top of the list.
It's going to put the thought in peoples minds that want to sell, to check in there for a potential buyer, and it's going to get people who want to post a WTB to go in there rather than the FS section.

The traders area, that's one that is really hard. If you put them into the general for sale section, I would limit them to something like one post a week, BUT at the same time they also get their own sub forum, the limit of 1 per week is to stop it being spammed.

Alternatively, for the traders section, could you make a "Traders Section" and then break the sub sections down not by Trader, but by type of parts. IE:
Traders
-Wheels and Tyres
-Suspension
-Engine
-Body and Paint
-Electrical
-Driveline

Etc etc. It would make it easier to find stuff for people, for example if I were to go looking to buy new stuff I'd be more inclined currently to search for my item in google, because I'm not sure which out of the traders is selling what.

Just a random thought, as one of the ways I normally start to research items is by breaking down what TYPE of item I want.

I do believe allowing them to post in the technical sections would be beneficial, but more so in giving an option (And providing a link) to their product, and pointing out why it's good.
It's a very fine line to tread though when you are pointing out why your product is better. If it is purely technical fact "My product is 12mm thicker from such and such a material which is stronger than the material used to make BLERGH which is also only 10mm thick would be acceptable IMO. It is pointing out differences, but it would need to be factual, and then you have to start getting into grey areas which makes it harder for mods.

Is there a way possibly that each time a trader makes a post in a certain forum the forum automatically alerts a mod, who can quickly review it. If it could you could quite quickly stipulate that it's up to the for sale mods to look after those posts - Maybe?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...