SAU Community

Sneakeypete's R32

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Melted the loom, my fault, should have moved it. went and got that fixed at a wiring place as tuner was busy. also had problems with the CAN egt's and O2 sensor, so got those working to. Got some Yaris coils wired in for good measure aswell.

Tuner still busy only just dropped it off today.

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers. Finally have some progress too
Due to a some personal life issues with the previous workshop, the car is now at different workshop. Its been tuned, and with the turbosmart WG with a 7psi spring and no boost controller, so creeping to 9psi, made 370hp at rears. Apparently on the ramp up on the dyno at least, it already has a couple of psi by 2000rpm. Tuner seemed pretty surprised with it in general.

Downside.... lot of valve train noise. Workshop took the cam covers off and had a look, valve clearences are all over the shop (12thou-22thou IIRC). Brand new head... very dissapointed. So waiting on that to be fixed, and my next 2 weeks away at work, to actually get the car back.

• Sad 1

• 4 months later...

Yep. It sitting in the bottom of the oil pan would probably have told the story a bit better, but yep. where there's one theres probably 5 more. So its engine out time... again.

2 years to the day when it blew up in 3 days time.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought i'd updated this since. Got the engine back quickly fixed up. Got it in a few days after aswell so quite happy with that, had to turn down the oil pressure as it was 650kpa just above idle but luckily that's a breeze to do with the tomei pump.
Got it tuned over christmas and it was looking good, session was cut short by a dodgy sparkplug that had shattered causing a missfire. However driving the car the day after it started boost spiking above 30psi so that was a bit shet, havent really got to drive the car on proper boost even now 8 months later.

In feb I changed back to the stock EFR 3 port as the tuner was having an issue with the 4 port being too sensitive, and also changed to IDx1300 injectors at the same time, got a basic 20psi tune done on the car and it hasn't been changed since then. Took it out to the track in feb aswell. Only change from last time was the engine and brakes still even the same 4 year old tyres (have alcon 365mm 6 pistons on the front, got them second hand fora  steal).

Had tried to fix the AWD and had the pump replaced 2 days prior however it shat itself again at the track and did the whole leaking fluid thing again so even had the AWD just as broken as the last track day.

Still, it went well no heat issues given it was a nice summer day at QR so happy enough there, oil cooler must have been helping a lot and radiator is still doing its job when moving above 40kmh. only issue was the front right indicator decided it hated life and to exit the vehicle the first time i hit 200 on the straight, bracket was broken and the air must have been pushing against it from the inside to pop it out, it managed to dint the guard and bonnet minorly twice while thrashing around on the loom until it pulled free. Found it at the entrance to T1 at the end of the day, but got some new half decent clear indicators to replace it as it was cracked in multiple places.
Managed to go from 61.8 to 60.5 on QR sprint so happy enough given everything else. Was running the same boost as the old Tomei Turbos, basically picked up all the time from just having better rev range and the extra power from the higher compression and displacement and cams.

I also put some Gktech front upper arms in aswell, however i don't think they had a major impact on how it handled out on the smooth track surface, was just as much on rails as it was last time with the hardrace ones an i hadn't changed the camber and castor settings of the fronts much between either.

That also took the last life out of the now nearly 5 year old RS3's, the car currently bakes 3rd at 4000rpm and would proably do the same in 4th on a poor surface. I've just purchased a new new second hand attessa pump and a fullrace ETS pro, am about to pull the trigger on a set of RS4's and plan to head out to QR again early sept, but doing clubman so times wont be directly comparable. Ideally will get more boost by then aswell but not sure if that will come to pass.