SAU Community

Y34 Gloria Ecu Options

BNR3292

So I know this is a topic that would have been covered somewhere on the forum but I'm struggling to find a definitive answer. From what I can understand it Nistune and Uprev do not support the Y34 ECU (Grey Connector).

New to the VQ30DET platform and I'm looking at putting a GTX35R on the Gloria. Current mods are Inter-cooler, Turbo back Exhaust and a boost controller. I have a couple of questions that I hope someone on here may be able to help me out with.

1 - Is it possible to piggy back a stand alone ECU in while retaining the standard ECU to control the Auto?

2 - Will I have to retain the standard laggy throttle setup? (Early fly by wire?)

3 - Does Link or Haltech support the Cam / Crank angle sensor setup on the VQ30DET

4 - Would it be worth Piggy backing the Y33 ECU with a nistune to run the Ignition and Injection

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jacob

pretty much all your problems/solutions are similar to the NM35 guys.

Only easily available option is piggyback. Emanage/Fcon whatever. You can also do all the R&D to try and fit adaptronic or whatever other ECUs guys are trialing at the moment.

I havent looked into it for a while but from what I can remember Y33 ECU is different, which makes info on the internet for VQ30DETs a bit hit & miss because all VQ30DET engine conversions are from Y33 halfcuts.

I'm not sure on cam/crank angle support but I can only assume its similar across VQ35/VQ25.

Questions:

Where/how are you going to fit a GTX35?

Have you done any work to the gearbox or diff yet?

If you're in Aus/NZ we have been gathering info for Y34's on http://www.zeitakuvip.com/forum/

I'm trying to keep to some sort of budget so was just trying to weigh up my options. Biggest problem will be the triggers for the ECU. (without making a custom chopper plate or putting a VQ25 flexplate behind the VQ30. If that's possible.)

I've managed to track down a Y34 wiring diagram that was in Japanese that I have converted to English - Im hoping l'll be able to get the Y33 ECU to run the engine without too many troubles. The idea of fly by wire Nissan have incorporated in the Y34 is horrible.

To answer your questions -

We have mocked up the GTX35R to fit on the standard T3 manifold with modifications to the engine mount, worst case it will be tucked down near the gearbox but this will require a scavenge pump. Will be hanging the waste gate off the rear housing.

The automatic trans is current internally stock, just running a large PWR cooler with its own Fan and Penrite oil. Have been researching shift kits but still not confident on what will work.

The diff is from a R34 GTST - Shimmed LSD

I've been on Zeitakuvip but there wasn't much technical information, was hoping some of the VQ25 boys might have more insight.

Edited by BNR3292

I put an MV Automatics shift kit in mine and works well. Not too harsh.

I had a R34 helical diff and didnt think it was going to work by a full swap or just swapping centres. I recently put a M35 VLSD in mine with a bit of machine work involved.

Every Y33/Y34 VQ30DET/DD I've come across is cable throttle, so yours is drive-by-wire?

The R34 center literally dropped in for me - Just had to swap the pinion and crow into the Gloria center and shim the diff correctly. Worked out real well. Half shafts just popped in too.

Initially I thought it had normal cable throttle but under closer inspect inside it looked like the cable only opens the throttle butterfly just off idle and then a throttle drive motor does the rest. Throttle feels delayed and keeps cutting power when I turn the boost up. Might be part of the TCS system. Hoping when I piggy back another ECU I can change the throttle body and keep the standard ECU happy.

How much did the shift kit cost you if you don't mind me asking? Have you looked in to programming the Auto ECU at all either? Want to bump the shift RPM up. Assume yours is the RE4R03B? Have a couple ideas there but one step at a time haha.

ahhh interesting... ive removed my intake/throttle before and just assumed the plugs were TPS related or something. I only ever get restricted throttle when TCS kicks-in, with it off it will skid whenever (never tried hectic drifts or anything though).

Shift kit was $400 + $400 I'm pretty sure. $400 for the valve body & kit, $400 bond because you have to send them your valve body (got the money back once they received it). Was pretty easy to install.

I have looked into a TCS, same/similar gearbox to R34's. A member on here Kinkstaah has a full custom TCS/valvebody/paddle-shift setup on his RE4R03B, cost a pretty penny but handle 400kw and is apparently the bees knees. He did destroy the flex plate with that power, got a semi-custom one made and does the job.

Edit: my gearbox is RE4R03A

I did speak to Shane from CMS Performance and he mentioned the PCM-2000 from PCS. he also mentioned that other Nissan Autos he has played with that messing-around with the TPS can alter when the auto shifts.

Yeah anything over 1bar the throttle would cut my power along with trying to do foot on brakes haha. Inside the throttle body is two sensors (hall effect?) and a motor on the LH side. Might get some pics for you some time.

Ah nice might have to give them a call and line one up, sounds like it will be within my budget . Do you have any more information on Kinkstaah's Auto? Maybe a build thread? I've heard the RE4R03B is quite a strong transmission.

• 4 years later...

Hi guys,

digging up an old thread but how did this build end up going?

i figured it was about time i should try and get some more power out of my Y34, but finding information on them seems to be pretty difficult, especially for ECU options.

2 hours ago, swimming lemon said:

Hi guys,

digging up an old thread but how did this build end up going?

i figured it was about time i should try and get some more power out of my Y34, but finding information on them seems to be pretty difficult, especially for ECU options.

Has it got a Neo engine? Probably same as R34: Nistune, Link, Haltech.

4 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Has it got a Neo engine? Probably same as R34: Nistune, Link, Haltech.

it has a Neo VQ30det, nistune have an option for a VQ30det but its for the Y33 and that didn't come out with the Neo.

i considered going down either the Link or Haltech path, but i wasn't sure if i would lose certain factory functions though.

I ended up going a Link Thunder on mine. Managed to retain most factory functionality. The center dash display does have a few fault codes but nothing that effects the functionality of it. 

On 5/25/2020 at 9:43 AM, BNR3292 said:

I ended up going a Link Thunder on mine. Managed to retain most factory functionality. The center dash display does have a few fault codes but nothing that effects the functionality of it. 

How was it wired up? What ECU pinout did you use?