SAU Community

Edward Lees 2.0

Cao

4 hours ago, GTR-N1 said:

Autohub is processing 75 (approx) vehicles at the moment and a major percentage of these are going to Edward Lees *cough - Sun Rise Cars.

They (Edward Lees) have just sold an R34 GTR and three R32 GTR's with more coming in according to their Youtube/website. Appears he is still selling quite a lot despite his reputation..

I wonder if he is doing it legally and if the powers that govern them know he is back in business ??

Not trying to hide the association with Edward Lees  Imports ?

Stocklist - Edward Lees Imports - Japanese Cars and Imported Vehicles

www.edwardlees.com.au/stocklist/

... inch deep dish alloy wheels, front and rear air-conditioning. Call Sunrise Cars 02 97440539. Go to SUNRISE CARS .com .au to see a detailed video of this car

What's extremely surprising is that I only know of 2 people who have taken the company to court over fraud. Tristan with his 260 being wound back over 100k and Peter with his 34R. Seems everyone else just lays down and takes it till their black and blue.

3 hours ago, Gymkhana said:

What happened?

Hi Hayden , at the risk of boring other members that know the story, lol

I knew nothing about Skylines and bought the car on a whim form EL, paint was crappy looking but liked the way the car looked and felt good behind the wheel.I was lucky, the car was sound, no rust and had a new worked motor +. The price was good considering the work that was done on it and I had the paper work to prove it.

BUT , Edward Lee advertised it as a 800HP R34GTR and only need the final  tune to get around that mark. It went to the tuner, he said it would need a boost controller,  contacted EL and told him it need the controller, he said OK and I gave the tuner the go ahead to install the boost controller and was going to sort it out later with Phil, when I finally contacted EL (Phil) he virtually told me to piss off as they paid for the tune and would not pay for the controller. This pissed me off but I liked the car and thought I would see how it drove home after the tune.

The car had an OS Quad Clutch, T78 turbo. It tuned to 338awkw, this sounded OK for me, more than enough for a street car, little did I know until I started to drive home down Pennant Hills Rd just how wrong I was, nothing much happened under 5000rpm , had not driven a stick for 8 years and with the Quad clutch and no torque down low, it was ride em cowboy in peak hour traffic all the way to the freeway, it was a crappy ride home 330klm and it broke down 40 klms from home, it did get it  started again :( 

Asked EL again to pay for the Boost controller and he told me not to bother him, deal was done, not so.

I contacted Consumers Affairs and they went to see him, Phil had the bloke wait for over an hour outside his office and when he finally spoke to him, to was rude and dismissive. He had no fear of Consumers Affair as they had no power in this type of situation as they could not make a judgement to have EL pay for anything ( as I understand it)

But the CA bloke phoned me and told me to try NCAT as they did have the power to do something about it. I did and I also told them that EL misrepresented the car as being an 800HP machine , just to rub it in a bit, I only wanted the boost controller paid for. EL said they would take the car back but not pay for the boost controller, in hindsight, $1100 would have been real cheap to get rid of the car if I knew what was going to happen, lol

EL had to go to the NCAT office, as I was living over 200klm away from Sydney I did not have to go to the first hearing and we used a conference call. I will tell you this, Phil did not act like a dick with NCAT as he knew they had the power to force him to abide by the judgement. If businesses do not abide by the NCAT ruling they can have their license suspended and I guess in some cases , revoked !

I was paid for the Boost controller and that was just the start of shit with my car dealing with arseholes in the Motor Performance industry. But there was a happy end and the car is mad :)

Then not long ago Edward Lees finally got caught up with and closed down. But as everyone expected,  here they are again. I would have thought they would have had their Motor Dealers License taken off them,  forever!, BUT with the dumbarse  weak laws and the people that administer them, others will have to suffer with this mob!

ANYONE that buys a car or has work done on it should document everything, try to get answers on emails or texts, phone conversations are next to useless. Keep everything until you are sure,  VERY SURE everything is OK

• Like 4

I appreciate the detailed reply, he does come off as a douchebag in his videos (Phil). He really makes himself marketable and seem like a nice guy to people who don't know much about cars. Good to hear you got one back over him mate.

13 hours ago, Gymkhana said:

I appreciate the detailed reply, he does come off as a douchebag in his videos (Phil). He really makes himself marketable and seem like a nice guy to people who don't know much about cars. Good to hear you got one back over him mate.

Like most con men, they are believable, so you never know.

By the way, I bought 3 cars from his father and had no problems :)

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Does anyone know about this " Sydney auto house oz " ? It's the same as prestige auto house?

If it associated with the dodgy tampering import clowns?

so many dodgy importers.. what they do is have a seperate company in Japan buying cars from auction, change auction sheets and the " import " company here buys the car from that car yard in Japan.. which is the loophole to get away without any backlash.

• 1 month later...
On 8/16/2017 at 8:47 AM, Anfanee said:

To this day i don't understand why anyone would buy an import through anyone other than Iron Chef. 

Yep, been in contact with Troy and they're nothing but helpful. I'll be bringing in a car through them, wouldn't even think to trust anyone else

I actually feel like Edward Lee's cleaned up their act but could just be him being deceiving again. His cars have been looking legit with all the proof to back it up as of late.

Edited by Gymkhana