SAU Community

Chasing New Front Brake Pads - Which Brand?

Hey all,

Chasing some new front brake pads. Not sure what are on there at the moment, but they are making a lot of noise.

Looking for front pads (R33 GTST) for daily driving and spirited daily driving. I won't be on a track but will appreciate good pads.

I've come down to the following models but cant make heads and tails of them.

- Bendix Heavy Duty - $72
- Bendix Ultimate - $119
- Ferodo TQ Performance - $65
- Brembo $70
- QFM HPX - $79
- QFM A1RM - $104
Feel free to cast your vote or throw another make and model into the list. These are just what i found on eBay. I've heard that A1RM's may be overkill. Have been told the HPX's will be good. Have been told that Bendix are great and also by other people that they are not as great as the competition, so clearly some Bendix fans and haters.
Cheers guys.

Thanks, will definitely check out that link!

Had a look at the Intima SR but, slightly out of budget.. Had a quick chat to Brakes Direct and they suggested Resma pads as being better than Bendix Ultimate and better than the QFM HPX for $96. Apparantly they are good for 650 degrees. Might look into these!

Intima SS, HPX, Winmax W3 (or whichever is the street version) will all be fine.

I orderd Intima SS and got sent SR. I'm happy with it, it works better cold than I expected (A1RM in my GT-R so can sort of compare them two once the SR is bedded in)