SAU Community

E36 M3 Rb26dett Build From The States

ETA will be this Saturday June 4th. My fab guy will be crossing his t's and dotting his I's and hope to get my car loaded up and back home Saturday. He did snap a couple quick pictures of his progress on the tail end of the exhaust.

image_zpsjocbrnok.jpg

image_zpsydenyg2s.jpg

• Like 2

Great work mate, good on you for travelling a path seldom travelled!

I LOVE the fact you've used a genuine M3, god that's gunna piss the BMW enthusiasts off!!!

Keep up the great work and nice photos. It's gunna be an awesome car and like I said, piss off a few pig headed Beemer owes at the same time.

Good evening all. Very exciting day for me. Spent all day at work bored as hell, and the. Got to come home to my new house and install an over the range microwave. Finally got time to sit down and open a package I got today. It made me very happy to say the least. These puppy's are on a 2 month back order at the moment. Will get the car back this Saturday and get to wire it all in.

image_zpsxdl7zgki.jpg

image_zpslvybr4lu.jpg

image_zps2d1ievfh.jpg

Exhaust got finished and buttoned up tonight and I am pretty pumped. I will let the pictures speak for themselves. We did decide to use an oval tip on the rear to avoid giving the car a huge cannon exhaust look.

image_zpspy3qxcgq.jpg

image_zpsbskk05bn.jpg

image_zpsdpbozds4.jpg

image_zpsgykj0wer.jpg

image_zpsi55z0bjq.jpg

• Like 1

Nice project dude, you've done some great work!

I'm with Duncan, is the brake fluid at risk of getting pretty hot, sitting right above the dump pipe like that?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry everyone for the sparce updates here as of late. I have been overwhelmed with trying to move into this new house. I have spent some time with the car though. Nothing too impressive to post pictures on. I have been working with the wiring specalties harness and the haltech wideband wiring. I will be sure to post pictures of finished products for sure. I did get a couple goodies in the mail as well to include a custom Saikou Michi catch can. These things are legit, and are commonly used in the lotus community. I had mr. Michi make a custom one for me to use in my situation. Also requested it be powder coated white. I decided to use a closed loop system so that the system will still have vacuum unlike an atmosphere setup. More pictures of it installed shortly.

I also spent a little time working on fans. I ordered a total of 2 12" spal fans that flow 1200cfm each. Come to find out, it's a very tight fit. One of these will work on the passenger side of the radiator, but in no way will fit on the drivers side with power steering. My plan as of now is to use the one 12" fan as a primary cooking source powered by the haltech and then install a smaller 9 inch fan on the other side as a secondary also run by the haltech. Smaller one will kick on if water temps get to high. Anyway...... More later. CHEERS!

image_zpsnizntcyu.jpg

Snapped a couple more quick pictures for you all tonight to explain some things I was trying to discuss earlier. Sorry for the crappy pictures. Did the best I could do with my cell phone at 11:30 at night.

image_zpswcflkjem.jpg

Here is a quick picture of where I am wanting the catch can to be placed at home. This picture doesn't show it bolted down, but close to where I want it. Bigger barb obviously will go to valve cover breather, and smaller barb will go to the vacuum source on turbo intake.

image_zpsntri6fte.jpg

Here is a quick picture showing the Haltech IAT sensor I installed. I had to tap and retread the OEM location to fit this better sensor. We all know the Nissan ones are junk basically the same sensor as the water temp sensor. The picture also shows where I installed the water temp sensor on the water outlet. This will send to my aftermarket gauge in the cabin.

image_zps13348zkg.jpg

And last but not least, a quick couple pictures that show my space delimma I am having with the radiator fans and my belt drive system. The picture shows my 12 inch spal installed on the passenger side of the radiator. It's a tight squeeze, but works.

image_zpsm8atcmu9.jpg

I hear ya. I am going to be a little cautious of that off the bat. I have a nice plump turbo blanket going over the hot side that picture doesn't show. I also may but a couple bits of gold reflective tape on the can as well.

Edited by dcreech0

Ok you all. I have slowly been making progress with the car. This weekend I attempted to battle all of the gauges in the car to include the Haltech wideband, the Defi boost gauge, and the speedhut oil pressure, water temp, and oil temp gauges. For the three speedhut gauges, I decided to purchase a BMW radio delete panel and cur three 52mm holes. The boost gauge and the wideband, I picked up a gauge pod from a place called rally road productions. Here are a couple pictures. Sorry the Defi is blurry in the picture, it is really bright. Lol.

I have also been spending a ton of time wiring the whole damn project. Not much to show for it, but sure does take lots of time. Lol. 95 degree temps don't help either.

Last bit of the puzzle I have yet to solve is the throttle cable.....

image_zpswwrbatce.jpg

image_zps8g9glmno.jpg

image_zpseiaufaqv.jpg

image_zpscu3i8pkz.jpg

image_zpso5pscd9h.jpg