SAU Community

Saunsw Trackday South Circuit 29th August 2016 Round 3

crashdown

sq box

nice

can i have a drive please

Haha your the 3rd person to ask me. Maybe once I get used to it and lay down some times I'll be happy to go passenger once in awhile [emoji4]

Yes mate I know. That was my first time I've tracked the car and also first time on south circuit. I went to learn the car and have some fun. I definitely have alot of learning to do but I think I did ok for my first time, not the easiest car to learn on haha

I got a 1:09, i know not very good, I think I'll run less boost next time and focus on track work. A few guys there were great support, I appreciated that!

Hey Ben did the boost controller give the error again after we had a look at it??
Did really well mate once you get comfortable with the car times will drop

Nick

Hey Ben did the boost controller give the error again after we had a look at it??
Did really well mate once you get comfortable with the car times will drop

Nick

Hey Nick,

Thanks again for the pointers and help. Funny enough it went back to normal, no errors came back but then came the next issue. I was running 23psi that day but in my last session it was constantly spiking to 30psi. I noticed from the sound of the gates and the power increase. I backed off and brought it in. It made some funny noises momentarily and I drove it home. I'll need to get it looked at

27 minutes ago, HKS28R said:

Hey Nick,

Thanks again for the pointers and help. Funny enough it went back to normal, no errors came back but then came the next issue. I was running 23psi that day but in my last session it was constantly spiking to 30psi. I noticed from the sound of the gates and the power increase. I backed off and brought it in. It made some funny noises momentarily and I drove it home. I'll need to get it looked at

Oh wow yea get that checked don't want that happening all the time

As long it drove home with no issues is the main thing

Oh wow yea get that checked don't want that happening all the time

As long it drove home with no issues is the main thing

Who do you guys recommend for an honest Sydney tuner that deals with track cars? I've been told about the bloke up the coast but I'd like to know if there's anyone else local

22 hours ago, HKS28R said:

Yes mate I know. That was my first time I've tracked the car and also first time on south circuit. I went to learn the car and have some fun. I definitely have alot of learning to do but I think I did ok for my first time, not the easiest car to learn on haha

I got a 1:09, i know not very good, I think I'll run less boost next time and focus on track work. A few guys there were great support, I appreciated that!

Pulling 1:09 on your first track day is pretty good man. I thought you were doing well. See you next time hehehe.

• Like 1

Who do you guys recommend for an honest Sydney tuner that deals with track cars? I've been told about the bloke up the coast but I'd like to know if there's anyone else local

Was going to ask how that noise went.
Hopefully it's nothing major.
But, if it is.....
Still get tp drool over just looking at your car.[emoji7]
  • Like 1

Was going to ask how that noise went.
Hopefully it's nothing major.
But, if it is.....
Still get tp drool over just looking at your car.[emoji7]

Haha thanks. Well it drove home ok, i didn't let it come on boost. Going to get it looked at, praying nothing is wrong.

• 2 weeks later...