SAU Community

SAU Update discussion thread - log your issues here!

1 hour ago, PranK said:

One of the issues we're battling with atm that we're waiting for support on is that the site was supposed to "rebuild" old posts to make them display in the new format but our rebuilding task keeps running into problems. So, these will definitely be updated soon, I just dont have an ETA.

im guessing this is why i cant see any pics?

I basically only use the "My content" button to search for threads... It had been gone from the mobile platform for a while (so I was just requesting the desktop site) but now it's gone from both mobile and desktop forms :(

15 minutes ago, SimonR32 said:

I basically only use the "My content" button to search for threads... It had been gone from the mobile platform for a while (so I was just requesting the desktop site) but now it's gone from both mobile and desktop forms :(

I know, I'm sorry! Hopefully not much longer.

• Like 1

Ok, how do I allow my username to be shown when I click on a like?

Seems like some names are displayed and others are called 'somebody'.

I looked under notifications and settings but the options listed didn't seem to do this, also looked under my profile and didn't see anything.

2 minutes ago, tridentt150v said:

Ok, how do I allow my username to be shown when I click on a like?

Seems like some names are displayed and others are called 'somebody'.

I looked under notifications and settings but the options listed didn't seem to do this, also looked under my profile and didn't see anything.

Is this happening on older posts (older than last monday) or new posts?

New ones, 'somebody' liked my comment on the nipple slip in General Maintenance 1 hour ago.

But Harriss Racing quoted me my comment in the FI section on Water Meth Injection.  So my mistake there.

And I am not sure if my username is being used for any comments I click 'like' to. I was trying to make sure that my username was displayed.

And interesting, Harriss Racing appears at my bell icon when I click on Notifications, but no name is displayed at the comment its just '1 person likes this'.

So quoted comments are being shown with who used it, but 'likes' are not.

Same but on the app it tells me who liked a post with a notification but then won't show like on the actual post. On the mobile or full site it just says somebody liked a post in the notifications. When being quoted names work correctly whether on app or site. Hope that helps somehow.

The new SAU app absolutely sucks. It's so clunky to use and hard to navigate. The navigation in particular is absolutely terrible, everything is really hidden away somewhere. Also when in a forum area (say forced induction) each thread is massive and takes up so much screen space.

I used to read everything on SAU every single day and since the update I have only used it twice as it is a horrible exoteric and on mobile imo, which is a shame as it was excellent before (besides the weird double posting that seemed to happen)

This is iOS btw

19 minutes ago, iruvyouskyrine said:

The new SAU app absolutely sucks. It's so clunky to use and hard to navigate. The navigation in particular is absolutely terrible, everything is really hidden away somewhere. Also when in a forum area (say forced induction) each thread is massive and takes up so much screen space.

I used to read everything on SAU every single day and since the update I have only used it twice as it is a horrible exoteric and on mobile imo, which is a shame as it was excellent before (besides the weird double posting that seemed to happen)

This is iOS btw

I agree and it used to be one of the easiest to navigate