SAU Community

Who's Playing Pokémon Go right now?

Manne

Come on, I know some of you out there are in on this?

For those Wondering, Pokemon Go is an Augment reality game where you walk around catching pokemon, it's on iOS and Android.

ps: don't catch pokemon and drive.

Yep I'm on it. #TeamMystic

(When the servers aren't choking)

It was a lot nicer in the beta when I felt like the only player in a 5k radius. Now I'm walking into groups of 5 or more people walking the streets with their head in their phones destroying my gyms :(

But still... I wanna be... the very best... that no one ever was

Turning off AR seems to make the game run better (LG G4, running Android 6, stock ROM). I've disallowed camera and contact access so AR is a while screen. You can turn off AR while catching a Pokemon, top right corner.

3 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

Turning off AR seems to make the game run better (LG G4, running Android 6, stock ROM). I've disallowed camera and contact access so AR is a while screen. You can turn off AR while catching a Pokemon, top right corner.

I've turned off AR while catching Pokemon, hasn't made the game run "better" but it does mean I don't have to move my phone around like an idiot all the time :P

I just turn it on as I feel necessary.

Still haven't done any fighting yet.

I've read this morning that saving offline maps from Google Maps can decrease battery and data usage. Was going to test it today but the servers are still down (hopefully for maintenance).

What team did everyone pick?

I know I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but have any of you tried saving an offline copy of your city in Google Maps?

I've done it for Brisbane (Maps ended up being about 200MB) and I've noticed my battery lasting longer while playing.

https://www.androidpit.com/use-your-google-maps-offline

Also, with respect to the 'dodge' feature while battling. Wait for a yellow flash around the outside of the screen, and flick to dodge. Will work 90% of the time. Try and limit your attacks to one in between dodges. This way, you'll barely lose any health if done properly. Majority of pokemon will also double attack at the start.

Alternatively, keep mashing the screen and hope for the best ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I think the idea of it is extremely cool, but would like them to make an 'ardcore version of the game with ghosts/demons/etc....rather than pokemon characters. So basically when you're close some horrific ghouls will come at you bro and scare the shit out of you.

This is based on my 45 seconds of seeing it in operation on a friend's phone..

On 7/15/2016 at 10:53 AM, niZmO_Man said:

Absolutely thrashes your battery. I bought a spare (handy) battery+charger case thingy for LG G4 (BCK-4800).

I was going to buy a backup battery like you suggested, but figured i would only get an extra charge out of it. I just came to the conclusion that i should only play when i am close to the car or when i will be able to charge straight after.

Got to lvl6 :D