SAU Community

Stagea as fast as a GTR?

So some tuner on facebook made claims that his 325kw atw m35 stagea can do 0-100 in 3.3 sec. Apparently he logged this on a dyno.

When I made comments doubting a stagea being as fast as GTR he banned me anf anyone else that questioned him.

Is it even possible or is he just full of shit?

1 hour ago, Trex said:

Tao had his m35 at around 4sec 0-100 at the start of this year. Fairly sure that was under 300kw at the time.

Well I lined my C34 with a tad under 325AWKW up against a lightweight WRX STI (can't remember the model) on the track and he left me for dead.

Why not? Can you disprove that it is not possible?

His video below is of the 3rd revision of his turbo (currently runs rev 4 IIRC), accelerate at ~10 secs and hits 100kph at ~14 seconds. So reasonably close. I believe he has also ironed out some kinks since then.

I guess it is easier to state something is not possible (or try to find some random backup opinions to make you feel better) if you have been unable to achieve the same results.

On a semi-related note, I can just imagine the kind of comments that were made on Facebook. I am sure they were informative and constructive...

• Like 1

On 7/12/2016 at 5:28 PM, Trex said:

Tao had his m35 at around 4sec 0-100 at the start of this year. Fairly sure that was under 300kw at the time.

Hi All,

First of all if I banned anyone from the Tuner group it was because of verbal abuse. There were probably some collateral bannings due to the Admins getting short with people who also jumped on the abuse bandwagon. I apologize if these felt unjustified. You are welcome to send me a PM if you feel you should be reactivated and will adhere to the groups rules.

There was also some confusion that I caused myself by making a statement that wasn't clear. This being that it looked like I was Claiming 0-100 times from a dyno session. I totally agree this would not be valid data. I should have stated that this was indeed completed on the tarmac in full street trim, I just incorrectly assumed that would be an obvious requirement.

The actual accuracy of the time also came into question due to speedo read errors. The pulse and correction signal that the logged data came from was calibrated against a GPS so should be pretty close. My speedo also reads quite accurately due to my 20" wheels. Having said that I totally agree that there is definitely some error in the actual time...and it certainly would be less likely to be faster than 3.3. I'm very confident the time is between 3.3 and 3.6. The video posted here above is actually my car with the previous version of SS2 turbo. The current turbo is much larger and also more responsive. It is larger than a 3076. (76mm/74mm). Dyno was completed at all four wheels, so a higher figure from the rear wheels could have been logged which may have helped peoples belief. I chose not to run on the dyno to give an output that is different to the actual configuration of the car due to timing requirement differences between 2wd and 4wd(additional load)

The frustrating factors for me were:

-there was a dyno provided

-there was a tarmac 0-100 logged run provided, I also have another run @3.4 sec logged(+video)

-and there was a video of that actual logged run posted for verification last night(this was left up for a short period(30views) due to the nature of the video and then removed) 

This has been a very stressful experience for me and one I dont wish on anyone. I pride myself on being honest.

The car will be run down the 1/4 mile eventually and certainly provides better data, to be honest I feel disheartened at even posting that info as I feel it will be accused of being photo shopped or something  =-(

Matt

• Like 3

Ill back Matt up anytime, he's a stand up guy  , At the end of the Day he's not affliated with anyone, has nothing to prove...and no hidden agenda like most.....

and has provided more information(and first hand info..not my mother/sisters /cousin bullshit ).. and freely i might add to the community than most ever will.

But some people just need to have a winge, i would have banned you all aswell. The M35 crowd are the biggest bunch of winy f**ktards out

of the nissan group,its easy to be the big frog..IN THE SMALL POND.... and some people cant' handle not having a monoply..newflash..shit doesnt last forever..no one has a monoply forever

in any platform..

i think its funny people trash the power figure..newsflash..its a Gt37 sized turbine,that in testing seems to spool faster than a 35R turbine ..it would want to make good power..but hey..nobody knows that or would care to ask..its not possible to be able to be better than the other turbo.

first we had..turbo doesn't come up on converter..ok now it does...

then it doesnt make as much power..ok..now it makes more..

now we have dyno reads high...so what proof you have that yours doesn't either?

1/4 mile time..okay we have no track in s.a

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

On 7/12/2016 at 7:22 PM, KiwiRS4T said:

Well I lined my C34 with a tad under 325AWKW up against a lightweight WRX STI (can't remember the model) on the track and he left me for dead.

whats that got to do with anything?

12 hours ago, iamhe77 said:

Why not? Can you disprove that it is not possible?

His video below is of the 3rd revision of his turbo (currently runs rev 4 IIRC), accelerate at ~10 secs and hits 100kph at ~14 seconds. So reasonably close. I believe he has also ironed out some kinks since then.

I guess it is easier to state something is not possible (or try to find some random backup opinions to make you feel better) if you have been unable to achieve the same results.

On a semi-related note, I can just imagine the kind of comments that were made on Facebook. I am sure they were informative and constructive...

You can disprove it by saying that Stageas weigh 2 tonne, half of that in glass alone. There aint no way 3.3 seconds on a Dyno correlates to moving 2 tonne from a stand still to 100 in the exact same time. 

Edit: Before anyone jumps on the "OH MY GOD ITS POSTED ABOVE NON BELIEVER". I'm not saying it's not possible to do 0-100 in around that time, I'm pointing out the "I saw on fb someone said they did this time on the dyno", is not a very accurate source or test compared to real world like the video above.

• Like 2

Lol. The butthurt is strong in here. Verbal abuse...i asked two questions. Maybe grow some thicker skin...

Someone posted their 0-100 time and you got upset, got banned, then came on here to voice your hurt feelings.

Matthew has been around for a long time and has done a lot for m35's. You have not.

I will leave this thread up as it shows with a little work and r&d from Matt, tao and others that the m35 can be extremely quick.
  • Like 1