SAU Community

MCA Coilovers - knocking

On 7/13/2016 at 12:49 PM, pureplaya said:

Hi All,

I recently got a full set of MCA X-R series coilovers supplied and installed on my R32 GTR by a reputable suspension place in Sydney. 

Left rear coilover is knocking on almost every single bump. The mechanics knew there was a knock and checked over every nut and bolt related to the suspension. All seemed fine.

They are currently ordering a new replacement set for the rears as there is possibly something loose within the coilover assembly.

Just wondering has anyone experienced a similar issue with MCA coilovers?

Also any advice to somehow soften the ride slightly. Sydney roads are horrible and the standard setup is a bit too bumpy for my liking.

Cheers

Kase

On 7/13/2016 at 12:49 PM, pureplaya said:

Hi All,

I recently got a full set of MCA X-R series coilovers supplied and installed on my R32 GTR by a reputable suspension place in Sydney. 

Left rear coilover is knocking on almost every single bump. The mechanics knew there was a knock and checked over every nut and bolt related to the suspension. All seemed fine.

They are currently ordering a new replacement set for the rears as there is possibly something loose within the coilover assembly.

Just wondering has anyone experienced a similar issue with MCA coilovers?

Also any advice to somehow soften the ride slightly. Sydney roads are horrible and the standard setup is a bit too bumpy for my liking.

Cheers

Kase

I had a similar experience with a set of MCA Blue coilovers (GT 86) purchased/installed at Vsport. Knock  developed and inspected by MRT Rhodes workshop at next service. Fixed? under warranty by Vsport and have noticed knock returning. Haven't approached Vsport about it yet, but after reading your post, I'm wondering if the problem is caused by the installation or the product?                                                                                                                                                                     Any info regarding this subject appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys I need some advice am getting a second hand set of MCA X-R looks to never been used my question is they came off an ralliart Evo I have an Lancer LX well I be able to have them fitted to my car am not a huge car guy to do track and big modification but am getting these really cheap like for $250 so with knowing they can sell over $2k I brought them cheers any recommendations would be appreciated here is a pic of them.

IMG_20180919_131355.jpg