SAU Community

Compliance shop Rydalmere shutdown

King GTR

I was at JLM on Saturday and the boys seemed normal to me.. So they may be referring to another workshop?

Edited by GRKGTR

I'm sorry to announce the demise of JLM. There has been an internal split.

Over the years, since the two Japanese technicians have gone home, JLM has been thin on the ground with expertise.

There is much angst I'm afraid since the staff split quite a few weeks ago. Both sides have approached me in friendship but I told them that I don't partake in 'domestics'.

Tis sad that we haven't heard the last of this either. And I've moved on...

So over the past decade we've witnessed for one reason or another, the closure of import houses like... Big Boyz Toyz, Tokyo Imports, Powerplay Imports, Nagoya Imports, M&R, All Imports, Northshore Prestige, Xtreme Motorsport, Master Cars, Dream Cars, Bens Imports > Sports Autogroup, JapLink Motors > JLM...

And that's just in Sydney. Protect your appreciating assets kiddies and give them an extra hug tonight!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ethan33GTR said:

Have they been shut down?

its a shame, those guys were a pleasure to deal with..

No, Haven't been shutdown. Just one person in particular has been.. The other 2 boys are still operating as normal.

• Like 1

While I've got some sympathy for any people working there who didn't know about any issues, I'd be more worried about the 73 people who bought illegal cars.

What was done and have they all been compensated by the business? Have the cars been made legal somehow?

I was just about to start getting my car regularly worked on down there because of the rep on here and they are local :(  Off to find another mechanic I guess, sad to see it all come down.

32 minutes ago, Ethan33GTR said:

I have tried to call JLM a number a times but no answer??

They just moved a few doors up into a new premises so I doubt they have the phone hooked up that fast